Sam Darnold is a bust

JustInFudge

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I wouldn't put a dime on Darnold becoming a FQB anywhere. One of Jets biggest problems for a long time is refusing to move on from failed players, coaches, GMs due to a FOMO. Johnson brothers have no idea how to quantify opportunity cost because they've never had to make difficult, economic decisions in their lives. I'd trust a LI plumber managing a couple trucks and 2 work crews to run this team better than the Johnsons.

SOMEBODY on Draft Day 2017 catching wind that the Macagnan/Bowles braintrust was going to pick a safety with Watson and Mahomes on the board had to pretty much walk into the war room with a loaded handgun and tell them to get their heads out their asses and pick a real QB or leave. Alas, nobody named Johnson was that guy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

The kid does not look right.   There is something weird going on in his head.  

Can you imagine being a Southern California kid taking an 0-3 USC team to the rose bowl and getting credit for saving the coaches job,being called the savior and the chuck Norris memes  and then this franchise drafts you with no offense and you become an actual joke?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

SOMEBODY on Draft Day 2017 catching wind that the Macagnan/Bowles braintrust was going to pick a safety with Watson and Mahomes on the board had to pretty much walk into the war room with a loaded handgun and tell them to get their heads out their asses and pick a real QB or leave. Alas, nobody named Johnson was that guy. 

The Johnsons were told of maccagnans intentions a year before that 

1 hour ago, Ohhthepain said:

He'll go to a respectable franchise like the Steelers or the Saints and light it up. Sad.

If I were Darnold's agent, I would be working the contacts to get him to Pittsburgh once he's done with the Jets. Roethlisberger was prone to throwing some silly picks earlier in his career. I see some similarities between the two quarterbacks where Darnold has the capacity to make plays happen on occasion.

Give Darnold a year on the bench like the Saints are doing with Winston and then see whether you have the heir apparent in the building when the veteran incumbent pulls the pin.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Jet said:

If I were Darnold's agent, I would be working the contacts to get him to Pittsburgh once he's done with the Jets. Roethlisberger was prone to throwing some silly picks earlier in his career. I see some similarities between the two quarterbacks where Darnold has the capacity to make plays happen on occasion.

Give Darnold a year on the bench like the Saints are doing with Winston and then see whether you have the heir apparent in the building when the veteran incumbent pulls the pin.

good send him 

adios

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Only hope is make Dabo the highest paid HC in NFL history. Obviously, never happen with Johnsons at helm.

Somehow, by golly, no matter what, the Johnsons never get that coach. It's always some remainder bin guy making minimum wage.

Either you FINALLY overpay Meyer, Swiney, Leach or Harbaugh, or you grab the Next Guy. Bob Chesney of Holy Cross is That Next Guy. 

But there's no balls in Florham Park to do either of those things. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Somehow, by golly, no matter what, the Johnsons never get that coach. It's always some remainder bin guy making minimum wage.

Either you FINALLY overpay Meyer, Swiney, Leach or Harbaugh, or you grab the Next Guy. Bob Chesney of Holy Cross is That Next Guy. 

Mike McCarthy was the only legitimate guy with positive NFL HC experience that Johnsons have ever had the opportunity to get and they go with Adam Gase?!? It was like striking out at tee ball. I bet it came down to $$ and/or Macc worried that someone with actual NFL credibility would come headhunting for his scalp. Ironic.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Simple fix. 

1. Lose enough games to get the number 1 pick

2. Fire Gase

3. Trade the number one pick for a kings ransom including multiple picks in 21 including a 1st and 2nd and a 1st and 2nd in 22

4. Draft Fields 

5. Draft WR and ED in the second 

6. Draft and Sign other needed positions, pretty much all of them  

7. Rebuild over the next 3 years with the extra picks

8. Championship

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

When you let McDofus the GM do the things he did like not building up the OL, not getting quality offensive skill position players in here and then draft a young QB with absolutely no ORGANIATIONAL plan  and then fail to develop him it is the organizations fault plain and simple!

This is really the true crime of this franchise.  The owners simply do not ever have a real plan and their ineptitude has discouraged real GM's and HC's from coming here, so whatever flimsy planning does exist is always executed by 2nd and 3rd tier operators.  

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

that ain't happening

I have seen enough, myself

It is a certainty that unless Sam is injured (probable) or benched (improbable) he will have just a good enough game where the Sam supporters re-emerge in force. Seen it with every "buried" Jets QB in my lifetime.

9 minutes ago, Bugg said:

4 out of 5 of those coaches would be absolutely awful as NFL coaches.  Maybe Dabo would make it.  Maybe.

Harbaugh is looking more and more like he was a product of Greg Roman, but f*ck it, I’d give him a shot.

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Mike McCarthy was the only legitimate guy with positive NFL HC experience that Johnsons have ever had the opportunity to get and they go with Adam Gase?!? It was like striking out at tee ball. I bet it came down to $$ and/or Macc worried that someone with actual NFL credibility would come headhunting for his scalp. Ironic.

Thank you....

And I didn't think McCarthy was some steal, but never in a BILLION YEARS did I think that the Jets would actually choose the worse HC in the division in Adam Gase to replace an essentially misfiring coaching staff in Bolwes & Company.

UTTER MADDNESS!!!

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Does he even have five 3 TD games? 

He has three 3+ TD games in his career - week 5, 2018 versus the Broncos (won 34-16), week 15, 2018 versus the Packers (lost 44-38) and week 10, 2019 at Washington (won 34-17). He has four games with 300+ passing - week 2, 2018 (20-12 loss to Miami), week 15, 2018 versus the Packers, week 6, 2019 (24-22 win over Dallas) and week 12, 2019 (34-3 win over the Raiders).

So no, he doesn't have five 3+ touchdown games in his career or five 300+ passing yard games in his career.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you....

And I didn't think McCarthy was some steal, but never in a BILLION YEARS did I think that the Jets would actually choose the worse HC in the division in Adam Gase to replace an essentially misfiring coaching staff in Bolwes & Company.

UTTER MADDNESS!!!

No one with options comes to the Jets. Next HC will be another guy who is itching for his first shot at the big chair. Back to hoping we finally get lucky...

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

4 out of 5 of those coaches would be absolutely awful as NFL coaches.  Maybe Dabo would make it.  Maybe.

Harbaugh is looking more and more like he was a product of Greg Roman, but f*ck it, I’d give him a shot.

They would all be better than Gase. And 4 of the 5 would make way more money.And the 5th, Chesney, is a smarter guy than any of them. 

Just now, Bugg said:

They would all be better than Gase. And 4 of the 5 would make way more money.And the 5th, Chesney, is a smarter guy than any of them. 

Our aspirations should be higher than “better than the worst coach in the NFL”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I see your point the current WR corps sucks, but the mistakes he's making are on him mostly. 

I just want to see what he can do in a more QB friendly environment before we give up on him. He definitely has the physical tools which is more than can be said for most QBs we've busted out. The receiving corps is complete trash and the offensive system/play calling is too.

Sad to see what this has come to. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I just want to see what he can do in a more QB friendly environment before we give up on him. He definitely has the physical tools which is more than can be said for most QBs we've busted out.

Sad to see what this has come to. 

He's toast the damage is done. Coming soon he's going to the IR for something. Book it. He looked sick in the post game interviews. Game over. 

• Upvote 1