Broncos expected to start QB Brett Rypien vs. Jets on Thursday

Jetsfan80

https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-expected-to-start-qb-brett-rypien-vs-jets-on-thursday

Broncos expected to start QB Brett Rypien vs. Jets on Thursday

Published: Sep 29, 2020 at 01:55 PM

NFLShield

Around the NFL Staff

nfl.com

Maybe the ninth time is the charm.

The 0-3 Broncos are expected to start Brett Rypien at quarterback in Thursday's game against the Jets, NFL Network's James Palmer reported. Rypien replaced Jeff Driskel in the fourth quarter of Denver's Week 3 loss to the Buccaneers. He would be the Broncos' ninth different starting QB since Peyton Manning retired before the 2016 season, tops in the league during that span.

Rypien completed the first eight passes before being intercepted on his final throw in what was his NFL debut this past Sunday. The 2019 undrafted free agent originally signed with Denver last year.

Head coach Vic Fangio said earlier Tuesday that Drew Lock, who sustained a shoulder injury in Week 2, has a chance to return next week versus the Patriots but there's greater hope that he'll be available for Week 6 against the Dolphins.

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.

The Jets are playing an 0-3 team that's starting a new QB.  Playing at home on a Thursday night.  And the Broncos are favored.  Says it all.  I'm sure if they could find a way, Gase and Johnson would go lower but I'm not sure that that's actually possible anymore.  Let's see.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Accurate. 

We are notorious for allowing QBs to look like stars during their first starts or coming off the bench. 

I've got Noah Fant on my bench, been playing Hunter Henry each week.  MIght have to switch that up this game.  He'll probably get 150 of his 325 and 2 of those 3 TD's.

• Haha 1

Just now, JiF said:

I've got Noah Fant on my bench, been playing Hunter Henry each week.  MIght have to switch that up this game.  He'll probably get 150 of his 325 and 2 of those 3 TD's.

I've been starting Fant all year so far. Been doing me well. 

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

We’re going to win 9-3 and keep Gase longer, aren’t we?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

100 % happening.  And forget about a top 3 pick.

You guys are totally under estimating the sucktitude of this team and isnt Gase winless vs. winless teams?  lol

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-expected-to-start-qb-brett-rypien-vs-jets-on-thursday

Rypien replaced Jeff Driskel in the fourth quarter of Denver's Week 3 loss to the Buccaneers. He would be the Broncos' ninth different starting QB since Peyton Manning retired before the 2016 season, tops in the league during that span.

So they have started 8 QBs since 2016?  Big ******* deal.  The Jets have started seven during that span.  Fitzpatrick, Geno, Petty, McCown, Darnold, Siemian and Falk.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

We’re going to win and keep Gase longer, aren’t  we?

Yup.  And is this really how low the bar is -- just beat a winless team, on a short week, that is travelling cross country, with a 4th string pracice squad QB -- and you keep your job.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

You guys are totally under estimating the sucktitude of this team and isnt Gase winless vs. winless teams?  lol

You are totally underestimating the Jets ability to f*ck up every single necessary thing required of them to get back on the right track.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1