Gase Safe per Ian Rapoport

SR24

5 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Not a big fan of Joes takes usually but this is so spot on. Fans don’t deserve this kinda bullsht. 

Sweet hot take by Joe but missing the point of the article.  What good does firing Adam Gase do other than appeasing a bunch of knuckleheads?  This team is the least talent in the entire NFL and Sam Darnold isnt going to miraculously recover because of a coaching change. 

THEY. DO. NOT. CARE.

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sweet hot take by Joe but missing the point of the article.  What good does firing Adam Gase do other than appeasing a bunch of knuckleheads?  This team is the least talent in the entire NFL and Sam Darnold isnt going to miraculously recover because of a coaching change. 

THEY. DO. NOT. CARE.

Look how long it took them to fire to Maccagnan.   Gase is going nowhere.  

• Upvote 3

Yeah, I'm not feeling particularly enthusiastic about watching games while Gase is the head coach. That being said, if the Jets can beat Brett Rypien off a short week while the Broncos travel cross country, they come into week 5 with a bunch of guys (Bell, Mims) coming off the IR to play the Cardinals (who just lost to the Lions) at home. I have no reason to believe the Jets will win any games this year the way they are currently playing, but a 2-3 start isn't that far fetched. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Look how long it took them to fire to Maccagnan.   Gase is going nowhere.  

And CJ's relational was because he didnt want to embarrass him.  lol  but he's going to fire Adam Gase 4 games into the season?

0% chance.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Like @SAR I has been saying, the Jets wouldn't be giving Gase a fair shake until they see what he can do when Crowder, Mims, Perriman, and Bell all get back on the field. The O-Line is still learning how to play together and become more cohesive. I'm just saying I understand why the team isn't firing Gase anytime soon. 

All you have to do is look at how the 49ers are handling all their injuries to see that this “fair shake” nonsense is just that.  Nonsense.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

After reading that there really is no hope here.  Honestly we are all just wasting our time.

If true.

No, the hope here is that your head coach can turn things around,  Which is what every Jets fan should be rooting for.

If rooting for your head coach to fail and rooting for intentional losses for draft picks gets you off, go root for the Knicks.  The Jets are actually trying to do it the right way here, and it takes some patience.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

And CJ's relational was because he didnt want to embarrass him.  lol  but he's going to fire Adam Gase 4 games into the season?

0% chance.

It’s the Jets playbook, they did something similar to Bowles, but he wasn’t even nearly as close to the early part of his contract as Gase. They also have this odd fixation on not firing in-season, but they sure love just dragging his name through the mud. 

Obviously Gase needs to go, but it’s like having your boss bring in 5 interviews for exactly your job description and then having the hr person sit you down and say we believe in you. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

What does keeping Gase do? Continue the trend of being the worse?

My only hope is that they want to see if it improves as our injury situation (hopefully) gets better.

If it does - blame injuries / lack of depth / overall roster talent.

If it doesn't - blame the coaching staff.

I'm not saying that's what WILL happen, but that's all I can see as to what keeping Gase will achieve.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

All you have to do is look at how the 49ers are handling all their injuries to see that this “fair shake” nonsense is just that.  Nonsense.

Exactly. And if the Jets were losing close, competitive games I think we'd give Gase a pass but they are getting blown out every week. Week 1 we had Crowder and Bell and perriman and Herndon. It's not like all those guys started the year on IR.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

The Johnson’s are vain, C.J opened his trap, about our “Genius” H.C Mr Gase.

He’s more worried about losing face, than doing the right thing. I fear it will be after the bye week until they fire this clown. 

It’s going to be to late to evaluate Darnold, with someone that’s not an Ass clown by then.

We won’t be Drafting Trevor Lawrence, we will stumble into the 3rd pick, and pick the boobie prize, Rinse repeat.

I’m going to watch all the games this season, because I want to see how bad it’s really going to get? We are going to create new levels of low this year.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

What does keeping Gase do? Continue the trend of being the worse?

Be the worst with Gase or be the worst without him.  Those are your choices.  Hence, why, it doesnt matter.   Nothing changes without Gase.  The Jets will still be the worst team in Football only even more of a laughing stock because they literally cant work their way out of a wet paper bag.

53 minutes ago, JiF said:

Duh - they're not firing anyone during the season.  

They dont care about winning or the fans.  

Winning:  For years, all I've ever heard from Jets fans is that a) "we are built the wrong way you need a GM and HC on the same page" and b) "Maccagnan and Idzik drafted so badly they've ruined this roster it'll take years to rebuild".  So ownership addresses both concerns, gets hit with bad luck on injuries, but smartly is recognizing that they need to wait and see what happens when the hurt players return in a roster rebuild that is going to take years to fix anyway.

Fans:  Fans are stupid.  They say something logical out of the right side of their mouths, bail the moment things get tough, and say the opposite out of the left sides of their mouths.  They get what they wish for and then fly planes and demand to blow up the "we need a GM and HC on the same page" plan after 4 weeks.

Media:  When will you all learn.  Biggest internet market in the league, they set up every head coach to be the bad guy, bait you in with phony 'leaks', and click click click goes the social media money machine.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1