We all knew Gase would be a travesty. Why is Chris Johnson so deluded?

2 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Why is Chris Johnson so deluded? It's simple economics. He is putting having to pay Gase (and Bowles) in front of the correct thing to do which is replacing Gase. Add that the billionaire owner put his foot in his mouth and called Gase an "Offensive Genius" and you have what you have. 

Maybe it’s bc I want Trevor Lawrence but what’s the difference if we fire Gase now or after the season? I do think Gase deserves to be fired but a new coach this year doesn’t do anything for me. It’s a lost year.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Someone made a point that this is the only job that CJ can do because there's almost no way possible for an NFL owner to fail (financially speaking).  It's a really outstanding point.

Thank you.  You’re welcome. Haha 

No, seriously, from running a corner bodega or a news stand, these two black sheep moron Johnson brothers would bankrupt it at warp speed.

They’re extraordinarily lucky to own one of the only Assets in the world that not only does not get destroyed when idiots own it but actually increases in value.  Just like they were extraordinarily lucky to be born with the last name they have.

Its a shame, the Jets will NEVER win as long as they own them.  But at least at this point all the cards are facing up on the table.  No fan should have ANY emotional attachment to this team anymore because these two Dweebs have not only destroyed it, but could care less about winning.

• Post of the Week 2

10 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Thank you.  You’re welcome. Haha 

No, seriously, from running a corner bodega or a news stand, these two black sheep moron Johnson brothers would bankrupt it at warp speed.

They’re extraordinarily lucky to own one of the only Assets in the world that not only does not get destroyed when idiots own it but actually increases in value.  Just like they were extraordinarily lucky to be born with the last name they have.

Its a shame, the Jets will NEVER win as long as they own them.  But at least at this point all the cards are facing up on the table.  No fan should have ANY emotional attachment to this team anymore because these two Dweebs have not only destroyed it, but could care less about winning.

Was that you?  I apologize for not crediting you.  I tried to go back and find your post but was unable to.

I remember liking your post when I first read it but it took a couple of minutes for to really sink in.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Why is Chris Johnson so deluded? It's simple economics. He is putting having to pay Gase (and Bowles) in front of the correct thing to do which is replacing Gase. Add that the billionaire owner put his foot in his mouth and called Gase an "Offensive Genius" and you have what you have. 

Gase is here because he works cheap. Johnsons will NEVER hire the big ticket high end major domo coach.At some point Leon Hess got it, if too late. Not happening with these cheapskates. They also like being out front running their mouths. A Jim Harbaugh or Urban Meyer end that or they don't take the job.   Plus they don't want to pay 2 coaches for another season. 

It's money.

The Peyton Manning story was good cover. 

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

I guess this is how family dynasties work. I never even knew there was a Chris Johnson. I wonder what he’s done all his life  

Nothing. Nothing at all. That's the point. Trust fund baby. The only thing he has done in his life is play with his expensive toys, like the Jets.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If the Johnson's had any brains, before the fired Bowles they would have realized that Mac was the source of the terrible reality that is the Jets. Imagine if the the Jets had fired Mac instead of Bowles and hired JD, or some other real GM? I don't imagine Bowles would still be here due to his penchant to keep underperforming friends on his coaching staff and ignoring the O. We'd have 2 drafts with the new GM and probably a new HC selected, or highly influenced by, the GM. We'd be one year ahead of where we are now. 

But, that's not the Jets. Instead of stepping forward by firing Mac and keeping Bowles, they did the opposite and now we're about to fire another (incompetent) HC and take two steps backward. 

Frankly, at this point if your JD, it is all about finally gaining a foothold so you are only moving forward. He did it with the roster by not throwing around stupid money to free agents and choosing to build through the draft. Next, he needs to convince the Johnsons to hire a real HC (not an O or D guru) who will hire coordinators and let them do their jobs. That way, you can fire a coordinator if things aren't working rather than the HC and whole staff.  

I was upset as anyone about the state of the Jets after last night's game, but the stark reality is that the Jets are what they are at the moment. The last piece to the framework for building the team the right way is to fire Gase and hire a real HC. Nothing, other than a visceral satisfaction, would be accomplished by firing Gase now. He is most certainly gone at season's end and that, will hopefully, be the final step backwards the Jets have to take. 

This is an intelligent, well thought out response, and I agree with it mostly. My only concern is that if we keep Gase for the rest of the season, we will have lost our last chance to see if Darnold can be a FQB. While I have lost faith in Darnold, my biggest fear is that we cut bait with both Gase and Darnold at the end of the season, and Darnold excels with a team that has talent and a good HC and OC. In the meantime, we will be starting over with "yet another can't miss FQB prospect".

3 hours ago, freestater said:

Universally panned hire. We literally got a first hand viewing of him destroying a division foe immediately before getting hired here. With a full week or so of serious reflection, Gase figures out what he got wrong and is now going to do it the right way here in NY. 

How the **** did you buy this crap fest, Chris? You made the worst possible hire you could have made. Now he's actively trying to put injured players in harms way to try to save his worthless hide. You say you care about your players. How about Becton wincing in pain, holding his shoulder? Why is your genius taking timeouts late in a lost contest and allowing guys to try to hurt an opposing QB in garbage time? He led such a classless display last night, you should be ashamed he ever had an association with this franchise let alone, allow it to continue. Fix it, Chris. 

This is a very simple answer that many people try to complicate i think.

There are people in this world, many of them in fact, that have particular insecurities about their own inadequacies, and let their ego get in the way of side stepping these limitations to improve their circumstance.  

That is the Johnson brothers in a nutshell.  They don't know the game of football well enough, or are connected in the sports world well enough to make franchise changing decisions at a highly successful level.  BUT instead of putting ego aside and admitting the inadequacy, they keep throwing careless force at the issue believing that one day they will be the reason it all turns around and they can get the credit they have longed for forever.  

its nothing more and nothing less. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, viffer said:

Nothing. Nothing at all. That's the point. Trust fund baby. The only thing he has done in his life is play with his expensive toys, like the Jets.

There is literally nothing in his bio other than being the Jets’ owner. NOTHING. No charitable foundations, nothing. He got married two years ago and two of his brothers have died. THAT’S IT 

3 hours ago, freestater said:

I'm not so sure. I'm pretty convinced that any glimmer of hope could have Chris Johnson giving him another chance. 

You presume the black hole that is Gase's aptitude for coaching football is capable of generating a glimmer of hope. I make no such presumptions. For me, that is and insurmountable leap of faith.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

Maybe it’s bc I want Trevor Lawrence but what’s the difference if we fire Gase now or after the season? I do think Gase deserves to be fired but a new coach this year doesn’t do anything for me. It’s a lost year.

Its not going to happen but if they did, the team probably more competitive because the players recognize winners and losers...AG is a loser. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Nothing, other than a visceral satisfaction, would be accomplished by firing Gase now. 

I would like to see Sam run the offense with someone else calling the plays. I think that could make a big difference.

It might not, but it's worth trying before you give up on the kid.

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Well then that’s absolutely moronic

The Jets are valued at $2.5 billion.  To refuse to spend a couple mil to get another coach who could improve the team is beyond asinine

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Xtina said:

There is literally nothing in his bio other than being the Jets’ owner. NOTHING. No charitable foundations, nothing. He got married two years ago and two of his brothers have died. THAT’S IT 

Woody and Chrissy are the quintessential trust fund baby douchebags

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, y2k8 said:

I would like to see Sam run the offense with someone else calling the plays. I think that could make a big difference.

Sam looked good last night.  Aikman just kept throwing so much shade at Gase making fun of the all the strange horizontal passing plays.  The one shot Sam got to take all night resulted in a PI call that got us on the 5 yard line of Denver

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

CJ hired Gase as a “culture builder”

He needs to realize Gase isn’t that guy.

CJ couldn’t pick a good head coach if Bill Parcells fell in his lap and asked to coach the jets for free

As bad as Gase I’m scared of the next abomination the Johnsons select

22 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If the Johnson's had any brains, before they fired Bowles they would have realized that Mac was the source of the terrible reality that is the Jets. Imagine if the the Jets had fired Mac instead of Bowles and hired JD, or some other real GM? I don't imagine Bowles would still be here due to his penchant to keep underperforming friends on his coaching staff and ignoring the O. We'd have 2 drafts with the new GM and probably a new HC selected, or highly influenced by, the GM. We'd be one year ahead of where we are now. 

But, that's not the Jets. Instead of stepping forward by firing Mac and keeping Bowles, they did the opposite and now we're about to fire another (incompetent) HC and take two steps backward. 

Frankly, at this point if your JD, it is all about finally gaining a foothold so you are only moving forward. He did it with the roster by not throwing around stupid money to free agents and choosing to build through the draft. Next, he needs to convince the Johnsons to hire a real HC (not an O or D guru) who will hire coordinators and let them do their jobs. That way, you can fire a coordinator if things aren't working rather than the HC and whole staff.  

I was upset as anyone about the state of the Jets after last night's game, but the stark reality is that the Jets are what they are at the moment. The last piece to the framework for building the team the right way is to fire Gase and hire a real HC. Nothing, other than a visceral satisfaction, would be accomplished by firing Gase now. He is most certainly gone at season's end and that, will hopefully, be the final step backwards the Jets have to take. 

Thank you so much!

Think it has since ben revealed that Mac never once talked to Bolwes about who he was drafting or what Bolwes thought was needed.  Mac was a boob!

And I truly believe that JD is respected so much that he will be able to get a quality HC in here.

Folks that say we have to settle on Gase because he and JD are on the same page are being shortsighted.  

The key is this IMO objectively speaking, Gase is by far the worst HC in the Division and if that is the case, he has NO CHANCE of taking the Jets to the promised land and eventually winning us a SB!

2 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

The loser shouldn’t of been hired in the 1st place, Chris Johnson sees the train wreck in front of him. Behind the scenes, Gase and Douglas are probably selling him a bill of goods. Eventually, the act gets stale and the loser will be canned.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Gase is the worst HC in the division and it isn't close!

The Dolphins have poor levels of talent and they don't look like we do; it's a joke!

21 hours ago, y2k8 said:

The Jets should be using a variation of the K-Gun offense.  Sam Darnold would be great!!

The idea that Gase uses no pre-snap motion is beyond INSANITY in 2020.

Simple ------- Pre-snap motion HELPS the QB identify what the defense is doing and helps identify what mismatches are possible! 

Gase is running the offense as if he has Manning, Elway or Marino!

Madness!

Gase is a BOOB!!!!

• Upvote 2