"Glass" Joe Douglas

Bronx

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The misdirected anger is getting old, fast.  

Johnsons, with a side of:  big mac cheeseburger GIF by Shaking Food GIFs

Time to let this one go.  So far Gase and Douglas making Bowles and Macc look like Newsome and Harbaugh.

Macc and the competitive games are long gone.  So far Douglas has shown he knows how to be the worst team in the league.  Let's hope its going somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Time to let this one go.  So far Gase and Douglas making Bowles and Macc look like Newsome and Harbaugh.

Macc and the competitive games are long gone.  So far Douglas has shown he knows how to be the worst team in the league.  Let's hope its going somewhere.

Hey @CTM and @JiF. Don’t forget the third member of your steering committee.

• Haha 2

The Mike Tyson's punch out reference is great, but I mean, this isn't exactly Joe's fault. 

The man inherited one of the worst rosters of the year under the condition that he has time (6 years) to change it and build properly - through the draft, don't overpay free agents etc. 

The Adams deal was great. The Becton pick was great. I can't say I'm sold on the guy, but I understand the method of his rebuild will require time.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hey @CTM and @JiF. Don’t forget the third member of your steering committee.

+ @HessStation and the list is growing, we'll be adding new members by the minute.  My PM's are blowing up.

Meanwhile, it's you and @Jetsfan80  who sh*t all over your stupid committee and made Hess King of JN, go figure. 

Oh and you know damn well what side your ex-boo sauce will chose @dbatesman 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

4 high picks including the #3 and he "can be solid," with better talent and coaching, isn't good.

water under the bridge.  that's what it cost to move up.  now imagine this team with Allen and 3 second round picks!  (but more likely we would have picked rosen at 6)

14 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

If Joe Douglas moves on from Sam because he didn't get him any playmakers he will have lied to Sam's parents.

Unless we are picking in the top 2 - i think Sam is around for another year.

If my GM won't lie to a kid's parents he is too soft.  If that fat **** would have lied to Archie Manning we would be in a whole different position

18 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

what do you mean invest further.  if we have the top pick - no chance we don't get rid of Sam.  Probably same with #2 pick.  but after that - we don't have a choice but to stick with Sam.

Eh, not necessarily.  We don't know yet which other QB's might end up being risers outside of the "big 3".  We also don't know which veteran QB's come loose next offseason.  There's even a possibility where James Morgan and Sam Darnold compete for the 2021 job.  

In any case I can't imagine this team picking outside of the top 3 at the moment.  The Giants are the only team right now that is in our neighborhood of suckage.  Our remaining schedule is brutal.

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

IMO, his ceiling remains high - think Roethlisberger. His floor is the real issue. With a supporting cast, I think his floor is Andy Daulton.

I see nothing in his game that suggests a ceiling that high.  I have Dalton as his ceiling, not his floor.  We're far apart here.

And it's not accurate to suggest Dalton is his floor.  He's played far worse than Dalton thru 30 starts, even at Dalton's worst.  What we've seen THIS YEAR is his "floor", and its bad.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Giants are the only team right now that is in our neighborhood of suckage

At least the Giants defense is making some noise. Our D, which was the stronghold last year, has regressed a la carte Gase.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bronx said:

At least the Giants defense is making some noise. Our D, which was the stronghold last year, has regressed a la carte Gase.

They also play in the NFC East.  They won't be able to compete against Dallas, but a win or 2 against the likes of Washington and/or Philly is more than possible.

Draftins is swings and misses. Even the good GM totally whiff. The question is will he hit quick enough to quieten the revolt of the fans. Yes he has the security of a five year contract but if he keeps striking out on free agents he better hit on a few draft picks.

21 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

If my GM won't lie to a kid's parents he is too soft.  If that fat **** would have lied to Archie Manning we would be in a whole different position

But he didn't like to Archie right.

I think if we get the top pick - Sam is gone.  But anything else and i think it's up for debate.  Many can argue that if you trade pick 2 and get a haul you can pick your QB the following year.  and have a nice core.

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

People believe in Douglas because his plan is sound (acquire a lot of draft capital, build through the draft, avoid quick fixes like overpaying free agents). But, Idzik's plan was also sound. The bottom line is, either he is good at drafting or he is bad at drafting. 

We'll find out soon enough. 

Plans are great, but then execution must be like 80% or higher of your draft picks and FAs have to be hit.

• Upvote 1

I absolutely don’t think Douglas’ offseason was flawless. 

That said, the team that he inherited was horrific from a talent standpoint and not in a good cap situation.

I struggle to believe that the little moves here or there that we can quibble about would’ve made a significant difference in the quality of this team. This is a take a step back to take two forward situation. We’ll see if guys get healthy and what the next class looks like.

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

Classic character from Nintendo Punch out. 

The handling of the roster and coach:

Glass is the player's first opponent in all of his roles. As a foil among most of the boxers, he is famous for his weakness and cowardice, considered by critics to be stereotypes of French peoplehttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_Joe

Some of you have a manly love for him regardless that he has proven nothing yet. If he somehow turn things around and builds a legit team, I'll gladly apologize. In the meantime, he has to prove himself, grab his cojones and make us relevant in the league.

Glass_Joe2.png

Agreed completely. But honestly it's hard to argue with his approach? AS long as the fans expectations are reasonable? Everyone is b*tching that the team hasn't improved. Well, the roster is so bad it's hard to think he could even show improvement in one offseason?

My thoughts are the following:

1) His philosophy for last off-season is very sound as far as I'm concerned. The WR and OL needs were dire. Starting with OL IMO was the best approach. But he also still managed to add a very badly needed WR.

2) If he was NOT mailing in the 2020 season then WHY did he trade Jamal? The very second he decided to trade Jamal, he HAD to know he had just mailed in the season. Or is he just that DUMB? I really hope it's not the latter.

3) His draft choices are terrible so far. He had to know how important it was to get rookies that could contribute immediately? That's the only way you lessen the blow of losing a Jamal.

4) JD's strategy of shopping off the bargain rack to fix the OL is completely stupid. You get what you pay for in OL. JD paid for CRAP and that's exactly what he got in return. Even assuming the Center, RG, and RT stay, they'll never be anything better than understudies to eventual starters JD will need to procure. That's what spelled doom for me the very second I saw the players he'd signed.

3 hours ago, Icer said:

People need a reality check. No GM can turn around this team in one offseason after 7 years of incompetence. If JD's next 3 drafts only produce one starter each, then yes we can start taking out the pitchforks.

that is nonsense parcells did it in  a year

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

what do you mean invest further.  if we have the top pick - no chance we don't get rid of Sam.  Probably same with #2 pick.  but after that - we don't have a choice but to stick with Sam.

Depends how the draft shakes out, but you'd also have to consider Lance.  We also have the choice of going to a veteran, if needed.  To put in a more stable presence at the position while we build the team.

• Upvote 1