WR Breshad Perriman concussion.

Jets WR Breshad Perriman (concussion) entered the league's protocol.

Perriman was afforded two catches against the Bills before exiting with a head injury. He was replaced by rookie Denzel Mims in the second half. The Jets and Sam Darnold can barely keep one receiver afloat in fantasy, let alone two. Perriman can be shed in shallow re-draft formats even if he's cleared to return Sunday.

37 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Sure did! I still don’t think it was dirty. Just bang, bang.

Agree to disagree. 

Dude clearly launched shoulder first to hit Perriman directly in the jaw. 

Most players would think that's dirty AF. It wasnt anywhere near being a tackle that coaches would teach at any level. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, DJF71 said:

All the Jets WR's are related to Devin Smith.

WTF does Devin Smith have to do with anything?  The Perriman got absolutely hammered by a vicious and illegal to the head.   Why do we insist on always bringing up past players who have nothing to do with the present situations?   I hope Perriman a swift recovery and hope he has no lingering effects from that hit.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

WTF does Devin Smith have to do with anything?  The Perriman got absolutely hammered by a vicious and illegal to the head.   Why do we insist on always bringing up past players who have nothing to do with the present situations?   I hope Perriman a swift recovery and hope he has no lingering effects from that hit.  

Perriman at least is a serviceable nfl WR.  Smith is a never was MacBust

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

How?

By putting it where he could catch it?  As I recall it was 1 on 1 coverage so it’s not like Perriman shouldn’t be battling the defender for the ball.  The defender came in from his blind side and hit him high.  Dirty hit? Maybe not. Perriman probably makes the catch if he’s just tackled normally.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The guy is constantly injured and has been his whole career. 

Has nothing to do with this injury. That was a flagrant cheap shot, as evidenced by the number of flags lobbed in and the reactions afterwards.

Any WR taking that sort of hit gets injured as a result - whatever injury history may or may not exist.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

All the soft tissue / hamstring / niggling injuries, yes absolutely he is more injury prone / higher risk.

But being smashed in the head like he was on Sunday is entirely unrelated to those, so I don't see why his history is brought up in connection to this. Hit any WR like that, whatever age / physical make up, they're going to be concussed and miss practice / game time. Having jelly for hamstrings or a noodle arm / shoulder is 100% different from getting your brain rattled around your skull by a cheap hit.

Yep

And he's on a ONE YEAR contract. It's not like JD bet the ranch on this guy.

14 hours ago, Gibby said:

Sure did! I still don’t think it was dirty. Just bang, bang.

Yeah. Hit him in the upper chest. Maybe glanced the bottom of the facemask. But it wasn't a launching, lead with the head, helmet to helmet hit.

The kind of play that 20 years ago was on all the highlight reels.

11 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I mean yes, technically it was illegal, per the "defenseless receiver" rule. But I don't really buy into the "vicious and illegal hit to the head" stuff. He hit him square in the chest with his shoulder. May have slightly glanced the facemask. Technically illegal because he's "defenseless?" Sure. But definitely not a dirty play on Hyde's part. Bang bang play.

perriman.PNG

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I thought it was a murder ball, too

Putting a wide receiver out to dry is leading him to the defender with the ball placement, where his momentum is carrying him directly into the path of that defender.

On this play, it was down the sideline and ball was leading the receiver toward the sideline. The defender just had a bead on the receiver. That is football. Defense gets paid to cover guys too.

Darnold has many faults from Sunday's game, but he did not lay out the receiver there.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Putting a wide receiver out to dry is leading him to the defender with the ball placement, where his momentum is carrying him directly into the path of that defender.

On this play, it was down the sideline and ball was leading the receiver toward the sideline. The defender just had a bead on the receiver. That is football. Defense gets paid to cover guys too.

Darnold has many faults from Sunday's game, but he did not lay out the receiver there.

Ok, i didn't re watch the play or anything just going off live memory... 

I didn't the defender was at fault on the level people are indicating. He was defenseless receiver and he'll have to pay the penalty price for that, but if you have a chance to make a play on the ball, or on the receiver right after, you have to try. 

• Upvote 1