They Fired Bowles and now...

5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Look they Fired Todd Bowels and the Jets were NEVER EVER this bad under his regime..................

NEVER!!!!!

The idea that the Jets this year were tanking is RIDCIULOUS!

If that was the case  and they thought Darnold was no good then they needed to trade him before the season! Not after this dumpster fire!

This idea being floated that JD had some mastermind plan of tanking for Lawrence is INSANITY!

So either JD is responsible for the lack in part of the talent around Darnold or he KNEW the team stunk and left Darnold out to be the sacrificial lamb!

IT CAN'T BE BOTH!

Which gets us back to Adam Gase...

Under all this nonsense, why is GASE STILL HERE?

This is a joke!

Sad part is is that if this joe douglas conference goes how i think, it will indicate that gase will be back next year

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Look they Fired Todd Bowels and the Jets were NEVER EVER this bad under his regime..................

NEVER!!!!!

If that was the case  and they thought Darnold was no good then they needed to trade him before the season! Not after this dumpster fire!

This idea being floated that JD had some mastermind plan of tanking for Lawrence is INSANITY!

So either JD is responsible for the lack in part of the talent around Darnold or he KNEW the team stunk and left Darnold out to be the sacrificial lamb!

IT CAN'T BE BOTH!

This is a joke!

You can't honestly think the plan to win as many games as possible this year included letting Robby go, trading Adams and making zero big moves in free agency. 

The plan has clearly been to rebuild through the draft and if Mims/Perriman/Crowder/Bell/Herndon all stayed healthy and performed at or above expectations and Darnold was lighting it up they ride the wave to a 7-9 season and build around those players. Most of those guys couldn't stay healthy or underperformed so the next logical move was to tank. 

I am sure JD realized that tanking was a possibility heading into this year, but I also don't think he came into this year actively trying to tank. 

Regardless, I have no idea why some still want Gase fired before the end of the season. Who cares? He is suffering more by having to coach this trainwreck he helped create. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, TJ said:

From the thread title, I thought The Bucs fired their DC.....?

Won't happen...Bowles is a good DC. He wasn't a great HC for us here, mostly I feel because he couldn't bring in the right staff on the offensive side of the ball. He will likely get another HC shot if he wants to. Time will tell if he will put what he learned during his time here to use or not with it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You can't honestly think the plan to win as many games as possible this year included letting Robby go, trading Adams and making zero big moves in free agency. 

The plan has clearly been to rebuild through the draft and if Mims/Perriman/Crowder/Bell/Herndon all stayed healthy and performed at or above expectations and Darnold was lighting it up they ride the wave to a 7-9 season and build around those players. Most of those guys couldn't stay healthy or underperformed so the next logical move was to tank. 

I am sure JD realized that tanking was a possibility heading into this year, but I also don't think he came into this year actively trying to tank. 

Regardless, I have no idea why some still want Gase fired before the end of the season. Who cares? He is suffering more by having to coach this trainwreck he helped create. 

I think AT BEST, JD thought this was a 6-8 win team and he didn't want to invest FA dollars into it with just a hope and a prayer. I think training camp and the first 4 games of the season showed that we weren't even close to that 6-8 mark and he just decided to tear the whole thing apart. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

I think AT BEST, JD thought this was a 6-8 win team and he didn't want to invest FA dollars into it with just a hope and a prayer. I think training camp and the first 4 games of the season showed that we weren't even close to that 6-8 mark and he just decided to tear the whole thing apart. 

Exactly

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Won't happen...Bowles is a good DC. He wasn't a great HC for us here, mostly I feel because he couldn't bring in the right staff on the offensive side of the ball. He will likely get another HC shot if he wants to. Time will tell if he will put what he learned during his time here to use or not with it. 

Yeah, I’ve watched Tampa a lot this year and the D is very good.  I didn’t really think they fired him, just busting CB’s chops!  ?

35 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

NEVER!!!!!

IT CAN'T BE BOTH!

This is a joke!

tenor.gif?itemid=12718504

tenor.gif?itemid=8227788

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

NEVER!!!!!

IT CAN'T BE BOTH!

This is a joke!

if you hire a person who can’t swim to be a lifeguard who do you blame?

This is ALL on Chris and Woody.

47 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

NEVER!!!!!

IT CAN'T BE BOTH!

This is a joke!

angry the punisher GIF by NETFLIX

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

maybe he thought the team was 6-8 wins but i don't think he's torn anything apart.  he is trading players who won't be with the jets after this season no matter how it goes.  at best he's moving on early.  obviously if the team was in contention at this point he probably wouldn't make any moves.  he might've been a buyer.  but they aren't so it's time for many of these guys to go.  the good thing is it opens the way for some of the younger players to really get evaluated.

47 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This is a PREMPTIVE THREAD!!!!

Because I have been a Jets fan long enough to see the Jets organization saying lets GIVE GASE ONE MORE YEAR!

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

NEVER!!!!!

IT CAN'T BE BOTH!

This is a joke!

Good Grief!

• Haha 1

NEVER!!!!!

IT CAN'T BE BOTH!

This is a joke!

The answer is:

“He KNEW the team stunk and left Darnold out to be the sacrificial lamb.”

That is exactly what happened.

It was obvious, to me, that that’s what he was doing all off-season.

As for Gase, the problem is - he was very much a part of that plan, he’s not going anywhere.  

• Upvote 1

NEVER!!!!!

IT CAN'T BE BOTH!

This is a joke!

The Johnson family brought us this clown show and there is very little the rest of us can do.  My next life I hope to return as a billionaire.

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The answer is:

“He KNEW the team stunk and left Darnold out to be the sacrificial lamb.”

That is exactly what happened.

It was obvious, to me, that that’s what he was doing all off-season.

As for Gase, the problem is - he was very much a part of that plan, he’s not going anywhere.  

If  you are right and this is even remotely TRUE then does anyone think that Gase is coaching Donarld  so he can SUCCEED????

Uggggggggggggggg

Then the answer is Noooooo.......