Anyone hear what Schefter may have said about Gase yesterday?

CTJetsFan

6 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

They were talking about Lawerence and if he should come out. Someone said well who’s gonna be HC, cuz Gase isn’t it Gase can’t do this that. And Schefter said but he’s not gonna be the coach. Gase won’t be the coach next year and moved along.

No sources included.  

Cool. Thanks. That gives what I read some context

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The expectation and assumption from every reasonable person who follows the NFL in any capacity is that Gase will be fired. There doesn't need to be any source. It's a given that's what's going to happen. 

This. 

It was more of a "unless you're a battered Jets fan with PTSD inspired conspiracy theories" everyone on the planet knows he's gone.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The expectation and assumption from every reasonable person who follows the NFL in any capacity is that Gase will be fired. There doesn't need to be any source. It's a given that's what's going to happen. 

Nope.  This year is a mulligan for the entire organization.

Don't like it?  Doesn't matter.  No one paid a dime towards tickets and no one will next season either.  TV money is guaranteed.  Traditional media is dead.  Social media hates everything the Jets do no matter what they do.  The Jets can go 3-13 next year with Adam Gase or without him.  Might as well go with the guy you're already paying.

SAR I

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

Nope.  This year is a mulligan for the entire organization.

Don't like it?  Doesn't matter.  No one paid a dime towards tickets and no one will next season either.  TV money is guaranteed.  Traditional media is dead.  Social media hates everything the Jets do no matter what they do.  The Jets can go 3-13 next year with Adam Gase or without him.  Might as well go with the guy you're already paying.

SAR I

You couldn't be more wrong.

What do you mean that nobody will pay a dime towards tickets next year though? Do you think fans won't be in attendance in September 2021?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

IMHO, if the Jets are picking first and likely second, they cannot keep Gase as HC.  Maybe he gets a promotion to Senior Alpha Football Man.  But I actually think the NFL intervenes in someway to prevent the embarrassment and disruption of having one or two top QB prospects refuse to play for an NFL franchise in its largest market because the offensive coaching is so terrible. 

The Jets will have to throw the QBs and NFL some type of a bone.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

You couldn't be more wrong.

What do you mean that nobody will pay a dime towards tickets next year though? Do you think fans won't be in attendance in September 2021?

Based on the rise in cases this Fall (and likely Winter) and the vaccine rollout (in stages, based on age and conditions) taking until Summer, I don't see the State of New Jersey opening up gatherings to sizes like 82,500 people.  I don't think the Jets would force long time and loyal season ticket holders to commit to next season in those precarious conditions either.

So while I do think NJ and the Jets would eventually allow a small amount of fans back into the stadium next season (like 20K or so), I see the Jets giving season ticket holders another mulligan where we can opt-out and not lose our seats for the 2022 season.  And because of those unique circumstances, Johnson can hold onto Gase for another year.  It's a fair situation for all.  He gets to keep his football man, we don't have to pay while he experiments.  Gase comes back with a new offensive coordinator and a new defensive coordinator and a team that is healthy (lord knows we are owed it) and partially rebooted with a QB of his choosing.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1