First round Mock. All Clemson for the Jets

More Cowbell

1) New York Jets: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

For all the uncertainty that 2020 has thrown at the world of football, there is nothing more certain than this scenario. When Roger Goodell puts the New York Jets on the clock to open the 2021 NFL Draft, they will run the card up to the (virtual?) podium with Trevor Lawrence’s name etched on it, as it has been since the clear abandonment of Sam Darnold as the face of the franchise.

Trevor Lawrence has been the number one overall pick in waiting since the moment he set the college football world alight as a true freshman. He started this season in imperious fashion, and his on-field impact has never been more clear than in watching Clemson struggle to a narrow win over Boston College and then fall to Notre Dame during his absence.

Standing at 6’6″ and weighing in at 220 pounds, Lawrence has the ideal size, arm strength, and mobility required to succeed immediately in the NFL. The Jets can feel comfortable putting him straight into action with blindside protector Mekhi Becton being arguably the best player on their roster during his rookie season.

21) New York Jets (via Seattle Seahawks): Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson

The offensive overhaul of the New York Jets continues in this first-round NFL mock draft as they pair new starting quarterback Trevor Lawrence with his Clemson running back Travis Etienne. Like the rest of the Jets’ offense, their running back depth is abysmal after their failed relationship with Le’Veon Bell.

Etienne brings power, vision, and speed to the running back position. In a modern NFL that places an increased value on pass-catching backs, Etienne has proven his ability in that area hauling in 91 receptions for 1,058 receiving yards and eight touchdowns.

Image result for HELL YES GIFS RAMBO

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

Love going offense after Lawrence but I’d prefer a non RB with the Seattle pick. Wouldn’t mind them continue to strengthen the Oline right there 

The NY Jets have been lacking a decent RB since Thomas Jones was here and before him Curtis Martin a good passing team needs a good RB.

We need offensive playmakers who score points.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I’m not completely sold on drafting two guys from the same side of the from the same team. Is Etienne success due to Lawrence or vice versa?  Maybe it’s too nit picky.  I’m also not sold on such a high draft pick going to a running back.  They can be gotten in the 3rd round or as a free agent.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I absolutely loved Dalvin Cook as an FSU fan and I've gotta give credit where credit is due because Travis Etienne just broke Dalvin Cook's All-Time ACC Conference record for most offensive yards from scrimmage (rushing/receiving combined) and is now the All-Time ACC Conference rushing yards leader too (dual threat). He's also faster with more speed than Cook too. 

I have my heart set on Najee Harris of Alabama with the first pick of the 2nd round however I'd be very excited if we walked away with Travis Etienne with our Seattle pick. 

We haven't featured a monster dual threat superstar RB since #28 Curtis Martin so I believe Travis Etienne would become a breath of fresh air for our fan base. 

Terrace Marshall Jr. of LSU is who I'd love with the first pick of the 2nd round if we go Lawrence/Etienne 1-2. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I’m not completely sold on drafting two guys from the same side of the from the same team. Is Etienne success due to Lawrence or vice versa?  Maybe it’s too nit picky.  

Clemson has one of the greatest and most efficient offensive attacks in college football and Trevor 1A and Travis 1B are their two biggest driving forces; so to team them up together on an NFL level could become dynamic for our entire offense moving forward. 

I remember Luck and Fleener went 1-2 during the 1st and 2nd round @ QB/TE out of Stanford and Travis Etienne is a much greater talent/prospect than was Fleener; I'm all for it. 

If we do go Lawrence/Travis 1-2 @ QB/RB well then I'd absolutely love Terrace Marshall Jr with the first pick of the 2nd round. 

@ 6'4/200 lbs he's a freakish WR talent and shows up during big time games 

Last year alongside of Burrow he recorded 2 TDs vs Georgia in the SEC Championship, 2 TDs vs Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl and 1 TD vs Clemson in the National Championship Game.

He's also living up to his hype/expectations coming out of H.S as a 5 star recruit while rated as the 13th player within the Nation, 3rd rated WR within the Country and the #1 prospect coming out of the State of Louisiana; I really believe in this kid. 

And he's been down right dominant as LSU's #1 WR here in 2020 without Joe Burrow throughout only 5 games recording 31 receptions, 540 receiving yards and 9 TD receptions (multiple TD games in 4/5 games with 2, 2, 2 and 3 TDs). 

I truly believe he's going to become the next great LSU superstar WR on an NFL playing field. 

Last year (2019)

This year (2020)

Trevor Lawrence/Travis Etienne/Terrace Marshall Jr

(followed by going O-Line back to back with our two 3rd round picks). 

I love Etienne, but don't want to draft him in the first.  He's had A LOT of touches and stayed all four years.  There's only so many carries a human body can take before it breaks down.  640 carries, 90 receptions, and we're looking at another 100+ touches still this year.

Draft another lineman with the second first.  If the Tennessee guard or the Sooner center is on the board, I'm taking one of them.  The only thing that would give me pause is if Chase, Pitts, or maybe Smith are still available.

Build a wall that any back can succeed behind.

Now if somehow he's on the board in the 3rd, I'd leap to the podium to grab him.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

If we do go Lawrence/Travis 1-2 @ QB/RB well then I'd absolutely love Terrace Marshall Jr with the first pick of the 2nd round. 

@ 6'4/200 lbs he's a freakish WR talent and shows up during big time games 

Last year alongside of Burrow he recorded 2 TDs vs Georgia in the SEC Championship, 2 TDs vs Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl and 1 TD vs Clemson in the National Championship Game.

He's also living up to his hype/expectations coming out of H.S as a 5 star recruit while rated as the 13th player within the Nation, 3rd rated WR within the Country and the #1 prospect coming out of the State of Louisiana. 

And he's been down right dominant as LSU's #1 WR here in 2020 without Joe Burrow throughout only 5 games recording 31 receptions, 540 receiving yards and 9 TD receptions (multiple TD games in 4/5 games with 2, 2, 2 and 3 TDs). 

I truly believe he's going to become the next great LSU superstar WR on an NFL playing field. 

Last year (2019)

This year (2020)

Trevor Lawrence/Travis Etienne/Terrace Marshall Jr

(followed by going O-Line back to back with our two 3rd round picks). 

The LSU receivers were insane last year.

23 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The LSU receivers were insane last year.

Yes. Absolute fire power @ WR which resulted in Joe Burrow recording arguably the greatest NCAA single season Quarterbacking Performance of All-Time alongside the likes of Chase/Jefferson/Marshall Jr.

What I love about Marshall Jr. is he's been able to step up to the plate as an absolute dominant HR threat here in 2020 as a #1 WR and without the likes of Burrow/Chase/Jefferson too; this kid is the real deal. 

If Wyatt Davis is available with the Seattle pick he needs to be considered.  He’s unanimously rated as the top guard of the draft class (compared by some to Quinton Nelson) and routinely getting mocked in the 14-20 range. 

If he’s there, we can target Najee Harris in the 2nd round. Preferably with the Sam Darnold pick (IND, SF, DEN, OAK, DAL, WAS), after drafting the best Center available at #33.  I’m hoping for Josh Myers in this scenario to play beside his college OL running mate. 

But if Wyatt Davis isn’t available, yeah go with Ettienne.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I absolutely loved Dalvin Cook as an FSU fan and I've gotta give credit where credit is due because Travis Etienne just broke Dalvin Cook's All-Time ACC Conference record for most offensive yards from scrimmage (rushing/receiving combined) and is now the All-Time ACC Conference rushing yards leader too (dual threat). He's also faster with more speed than Cook too. 

I have my heart set on Najee Harris of Alabama with the first pick of the 2nd round however I'd be very excited if we walked away with Travis Etienne with our Seattle pick. 

We haven't featured a monster dual threat superstar RB since #28 Curtis Martin so I believe Travis Etienne would become a breath of fresh air for our fan base. 

Terrace Marshall Jr. of LSU is who I'd love with the first pick of the 2nd round if we go Lawrence/Etienne 1-2. 

Who’s your favorite box safety  coming out? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets have been lacking a decent RB since Thomas Jones was here and before him Curtis Martin a good passing team needs a good RB.

We need offensive playmakers who score points.

You can't run behind what isn't blocked...

• Post of the Week 1

I’m not completely sold on drafting two guys from the same side of the from the same team. Is Etienne success due to Lawrence or vice versa?  Maybe it’s too nit picky.  I’m also not sold on such a high draft pick going to a running back.  They can be gotten in the 3rd round or as a free agent.
Not to be an alarmist but all of a sudden Etienne has had some fumbling issues... but the extra year seems to have helped polish his overall game

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I love Etienne, but don't want to draft him in the first.  He's had A LOT of touches and stayed all four years.  There's only so many carries a human body can take before it breaks down.  640 carries, 90 receptions, and we're looking at another 100+ touches still this year.

Draft another lineman with the second first.  If the Tennessee guard or the Sooner center is on the board, I'm taking one of them.  The only thing that would give me pause is if Chase, Pitts, or maybe Smith are still available.

Build a wall that any back can succeed behind.

Now if somehow he's on the board in the 3rd, I'd leap to the podium to grab him.  

This post is so underrated 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thomas Jones 

His best seasons here. 

2008 1312 yards 13 TD's 

2009 1412 yards 14 TD's 

Very good  for a  RB 

@Gastineau Lives  @Beerfish

2008 NY Jets: 4.7 yards per attempt, Thomas Jones 4.5

2009 NY Jets 4.5 yards per attempt, Thomas Jones 4.2

You'd have your wicked wandering eye on at least sixteen other running backs if you were posting here then.