• Coach the NY Jets
    • Coach somewhere else in the league
    • Coach college
    • Broadcast
    • Adam Gase’s Certified Pre-owned Kia and Saturn on Route 46
    • Drug rehab / mental health / self improvement
    • Retire
    • Intern for Manish

After the Dolphins and now the Jets he will never get another gig in the NFL again as a head coach and almost certainly not as a coordinator either.

College is always an option although I suspect he would need to take a job fairly far down the big-schoool ladder.

Pundit?  Doubtful but I have been wrong on this before.

Honestly I just think he takes his severance package and disappears.

<edited to add>

I have to think there is some kind of secret handshake deal tied to Trevor Lawrence.  It is the only thing that makes sense

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, the Claw said:

He should take over for Belichick when the time comes. I can see him really invigorating that franchise and their fanbase.

I would anticipate many of those fans immediately beginning to mainline a heroin-"chowdah" concoction.  Or sitting in their "cahs" whilst in closed garages.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I could see him moving into the FO and working closer with his hand choses GM...maybe like President of Football Operations once he's bored coaching the Jets.

This.

When Parcells was done rebuilding the Jets he bumped himself upstairs.  

SAR I

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

I could see him moving into the FO and working closer with his hand choses GM...maybe like President of Football Operations once he's bored coaching the Jets.

I have posted this on this site for over a month . It's the only conceivable way he's here after week 17. He may have Football acumen, but it's definitely not in coaching.

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

I have posted this on this site for over a month . It's the only conceivable way he's here after week 17. He may have Football acumen, but it's definitely not in coaching.

I think they give him next season as HC again.  Legit.  I really do.  The team hasnt been operating like the HC and GM are not on the same page.  In fact, all signs point to them being lock step in this together from the handling of Gase to Bell to the QB situation.  JD knows he screwed Gase this season.  The roster is the worst in the history of the NFL and they were injured all season long to make matters worse.  Gase is getting a pass, I believe that wholeheartedly.

• Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think they give him next season as HC again.  Legit.  I really do.  The team hasnt been operating like the HC and GM are not on the same page.  In fact, all signs point to them being lock step in this together from the handling of Gase to Bell to the QB situation.  JD knows he screwed Gase this season.  The roster is the worst in the history of the NFL and they were injured all season long to make matters worse.  Gase is getting a pass, I believe that wholeheartedly.

Objectively, I can definitely see this as well. If you look at it from CJ's point of view, the 5 biggest decisions he has had to make since he hired Gase, and that Gase has had a say in, have all made Gase look good. 1) Macc is destroying this team and has to go. Check.2) Hire JD, he's the right guy. So far, so good. 3) never wanted Bell, too expensive and is almost done.Check 4) Show Jamal the door.Check. 5) probably never wanted Sam. but will give it the benefit of doubt for 2 years. Again, looks right. So from ownership's perspective, you could see why they feel that he does bring something to the table.

40 minutes ago, JiF said:

I believe you may be correct, but he has to get a couple of wins now that the team is getting healthier. 

I say rehab the man looks like he's on coke, a crackhead or addicted to meth. I don't know which serious drug he's on but his eyes, his eyes don't lie and immediately following his 1st ever Jets press conference he should've been taken to a drug rehab facility asap (I guess the NFL doesn't drug test their coaching staffs). 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

That may be.  I do think gase will get another nfl job if he wants.  He still has cred as an offensive coordinator simply because head coach and a coordinators job are so far apart in responsibility.  I also think The injuries and lack of talent is going to factorhighly in them bringing him back as hc.

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I say rehab the man looks like he's on coke, a crackhead or addicted to meth. I don't know which serious drug he's on but his eyes, his eyes don't lie and immediately following his 1st ever Jets press conference he should've been taken to a drug rehab facility asap (I guess the NFL doesn't drug test their coaching staffs). 

Would you knock it off with this sh*t. It’s old hat, played out, unoriginal, and low-hanging fruit. The guy’s not on drugs ffs. 

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Would you knock it off with this sh*t. It’s old hat, played out, unoriginal, and low-hanging fruit. The guy’s not on drugs ffs. 

I've never seen a person's eyes look like that, that wasn't on drugs (and it's most certainly not marijuana because weed doesn't make your eyes look like a coke/meth/crackhead). 

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I've never seen a person's eyes look like that, that wasn't on drugs (and it's most certainly not marijuana because weed doesn't make your eyes look like a coke/meth/crackhead). 

Most people’s top eyelid covers part of the iris, some people’s don’t. It’s an odd look, but it’s no indication of drug use. He certainly doesn’t act or have the common body tells of a heavy drug user. And if you think that a multi-million dollar coach is going to go in front of todays NY media for his introductory press conference high on anything, I’ve got a bridge to sell you. I’ve been around plenty of heavy drug users and their eyes don’t look like that. I think it’s part of the reason why he is always wearing a hat low on his head.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, the Claw said:

Most people’s top eyelid covers part of the iris, some people’s don’t. It’s an odd look, but it’s no indication of drug use. He certainly doesn’t act or have the common body tells of a heavy drug user. And if you think that a multi-million dollar coach is going to go in front of todays NY media for his introductory press conference high on anything, I’ve got a bridge to sell you. I’ve been around plenty of heavy drug users and their eyes don’t look like that. I think it’s part of the reason why he is always wearing a hat low on his head.

We'll agree to completely disagree. He was on something seriously strong. 

If a player came to a press conference looking like that; he's getting drug tested immediately. 

Something wasn't right with Gase. He was 100% high off something serious.