Gregg Williams fired

Rhg1084

7 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Ask yourself this, would the Jets have won yesterday if williams was fired before the last play of the game? 

Can’t really base a decision by taking an event from a whole body of work. 100 x attaboys and 1 x aw shucks = fired  is not conducive to personnel management.

4 hours ago, Coffee Is Great said:

I assume JD had no choice here. The locker room was gone if Williams was retained. I'm sure every defensive player on the team wanted to put hands on him after the game. There is no tanking conspiracy but part of me wonders if Williams was trying to get himself fired, but I doubt it. It was likely just a terrible call.

I don't think this hurts the tank, Williams is a solid DC even if he is one of the bigger a-holes this game has ever seen. The fact that Gase survived this confirms that he'll be the coach for the final four weeks. We just have to get past New England in Week 17 and our mission is accomplished.

But at 0-12 jd and the team have confidence run the HC???

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Every single person in Gase's way has been eliminated.  Maccagnan, Glat, Williams, Bell, Adams, Osemele, Trumaine, Manish, Lucas, Beningo, all these haters and malcontents and bad influences, gone.

Gase still stands. 

We have our Alpha male, kicking asses and taking no prisoners in Florham Park.  This is exactly what this team needs.  They'll see.

SAR I

Perfect Sar-

Perfect -to make sure the tank commander finishes his job without being stopped. Hopefully , after we are  0-16  ,Gase gets fired as HC and moves to  an office job promised by JNJ on Black Monday and they  let the Harbaugh/TL regime begin

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Every single person in Gase's way has been eliminated.  Maccagnan, Glat, Williams, Bell, Adams, Osemele, Trumaine, Manish, Lucas, Beningo, all these haters and malcontents and bad influences, gone.

Gase still stands. 

We have our Alpha male, kicking asses and taking no prisoners in Florham Park.  This is exactly what this team needs.  They'll see.

SAR I

Yes, exactly what we need to go 0-16. Then he gets fired. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

When the defense looks sharp:  “Gase has nothing to do with it!”

When the defense screws up:  “It’s Gase’s fault!”

Only SOJF’s....

SAR I

When the offense is the worst in the league in practically every offensive category the last 2 years it's everybody's fault but the genius. Darnold, lack of talent, injuries. Sound familiar? 

7 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

When the offense is the worst in the league in practically every offensive category the last 2 years it's everybody's fault but the genius. Darnold, lack of talent, injuries. Sound familiar? 

Almost universally it is believed that the Jets have the worst roster in the NFL. 

Gase can’t work miracles.  He’s guilty of that.  

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Almost universally it is believed that the Jets have the worst roster in the NFL. 

SAR I

Williams had less talent to work with especially without Mosley and Adams and still did a better job than Gase although that is a bar that is set very low. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Well, there was never any doubt from me that Williams was just as bad as Gase this season. 

Except he wasn't the jet defense is not rated dead last in pretty well all categories and the time of possession stat has the jet dead last.

He also actually had worse talent to work with .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

i guarantee you more than 3/4 of this team comes back and we win 8-9 games if we get the right coach.

look at the team Parcells won 9 games with after Kotite. almost every starter than won one game for Kotite won 9 for Bill

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I know your a Fanboy of Adam Gase etc but what are your thoughts on Jim Harbaugh and Bill Cowher? 

Is your love of Gase too much to have an opinion on other potential future Jet HC's once Gase is fired following HIS 0-16 season? 

Harbaugh is a massive hothead who isn’t capable of managing the New York media, and we don’t have a discipline problem, his primary strength. Not a good fit at all. 

Cowher is very interesting.  I worry about his age.  He’s beloved and pampered as a celebrity, I don’t know if he even remembers what it’s like to be criticized.  He’s been out of it so long there isn’t a readymade staff that he brings with him a-la Parcells.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, doitny said:

i guarantee you more than 3/4 of this team comes back and we win 8-9 games if we get the right coach.

look at the team Parcells won 9 games with after Kotite. almost every starter than won one game for Kotite won 9 for Bill

The 1996 pre-Parcells Kotite Jets.  Let's see, who was on the roster for the 1996 Jets:

Richie Anderson
Wayne Chrebet
Jumbo Elliot
Keyshawn Johnson
Victor Green
Marvin Jones
Aaron Glenn
Mo Lewis
Hugh Douglas

Compared to Adam Gase, Bill Parcells inherited a friggin New York Jets All Star team.  The 1996 Jets were actually a team capable of going 8-8 that was coached into oblivion by a crappy Rich Kotite.  All a roster that stacked needed was a disciplinarian head coach.  Oh, and a disciplinarian head coach that brought his entire coaching staff with him, several of his most loyal and talented players with him, and lucked out in his second year by finding an MVP caliber quarterback masquerading as a backup in Baltimore.

SAR I

8 hours ago, doitny said:

This is not the same because of injuries. Look at the healthy players that have trotted out all season.  There are some pieces but nothing like 1996, that team had a bunch of young talent.  

The good news for the new HC is that we have Bechton, Mims, Williams among others to build around with possibly Lawrence and a million other picks along with the second most available cap room.  

It's a little different from 1996 to 2020 but the opportunity is there for the next HC to be a hero by having this team competitive quickly (for them, for us it's been a decade of misery to get to this point).

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase not letting the team fall into internal chaos over this after behaving so well all year.

And Gregg cost us 3 games in the last 30 seconds this season.

SAR I

As good as Gregg has been with an empty cupboard last year he has been equally bad this year. at this point he deserved to get canned. Gase still deserves to get fired and I hope he will as soon as the season is over and/or we secure the #1 overall pick. 

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

The 1996 pre-Parcells Kotite Jets.  Let's see, who was on the roster for the 1996 Jets:

Richie Anderson
Wayne Chrebet
Jumbo Elliot
Keyshawn Johnson
Victor Green
Marvin Jones
Aaron Glenn
Mo Lewis
Hugh Douglas

Compared to Adam Gase, Bill Parcells inherited a friggin New York Jets All Star team.  The 1996 Jets were actually a team capable of going 8-8 that was coached into oblivion by a crappy Rich Kotite.  All a roster that stacked needed was a disciplinarian head coach.  Oh, and a disciplinarian head coach that brought his entire coaching staff with him, several of his most loyal and talented players with him, and lucked out in his second year by finding an MVP caliber quarterback masquerading as a backup in Baltimore.

SAR I

they look like an All Star team now because of what they became. i bet you didnt say that about the 96 team after 3 losing seasons.

in 95 that team of so called All Stars went 3-13 with Kotite

in 94....    6-10 with Carroll 

and Kotite came here with a wining record of 36-28

and Martin and Testaverde came the next year in 98 on won 12 games. 

who knows we could be talking about this team like that . we could have beat LV, SD, Den, NE, and buffalo twice. thats 6 -6 that a better coach could have had us at. 

• Upvote 1