Gregg Williams fired

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Yes it is. We are deluding ourselves if we don't think FA's and potential flaxen-haired college QBs aren't watching.

Really? If he doesn't have the knowledge to know that you can't make that call on the last play of a game at any level ever, then you deserve to get fired. This isn't the Jets being dysfunctional - there is plenty of other stuff to choose from if you want to go there. These coaches make a lot of money - you can't be brain dead and keep your job. The receivers were open on successive plays at the end of the game, having gotten behind the defense when you just needed to protect the end zone. Inexcusable.

Just now, Greensleeves said:

Really? If he doesn't have the knowledge to know that you can't make that call on the last play of a game at any level ever, then you deserve to get fired. This isn't the Jets being dysfunctional - there is plenty of other stuff to choose from if you want to go there. These coaches make a lot of money - you can't be brain dead and keep your job. The receivers were open on successive plays at the end of the game, having gotten behind the defense when you just needed to protect the end zone. Inexcusable.

Not sure what your point is. Genuinely, not trying to be combative.

I heard yesterday that coordinators are required to talk to the media once per week (apparently with the Jets it's on Fridays).  Maybe the Jets didn't want the media to ask GW "uncomfortable questions" so that contributed to his firing.  I assume they paid him under-the-table to keep quiet because there are some very serious ramifications if the Jets get caught here.  Aside of potentially losing that draft position (or pick entirely?) there would almost certainly be legal ramifications.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I heard yesterday that coordinators are required to talk to the media once per week (apparently with the Jets it's on Fridays).  Maybe the Jets didn't want the media to ask GW "uncomfortable questions" so that contributed to his firing.  I assume they paid him under-the-table to keep quiet because there are some very serious ramifications if the Jets get caught here.  Aside of potentially losing that draft position (or pick entirely?) there would almost certainly be legal ramifications.  

Do you legitimately believe this?

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why? The season is over. Perfect time to dial up any play to see how the players react to it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

This place always finds the best ways to make an extraordinary leap in logic.  Gase is not going to be here next year.

Extraordinary leap?  Really?  How?  I know you supposedly have inside info so maybe you know something we dont but if you're just a fan looking at the outside in, how can you not think they're bringing him back?  Every single act the Jets have done would appear to show support for Adam Gase.  That's not opinion, that's fact.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

If you were pissed off at the call, you’re not a Jets fan. I screamed in joy like we just won the SB because you know what? The call probably will buy us a SB or two if TL is everything he’s advertised (generational talent). 

What team will you be a fan of if Trevor Lawrence or whoever we draft in RD 1 busts . 

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

well there goes the idea that he was in on a tank, lol

Appearances . . . ? ?

Ha, I'm late to the party. My cousin texted me a little over an hour & a half ago. Can't wait to read through the thread; but I'm surprised Gase didn't go first. I really thought the house cleaning would start the day after the last game. What a terrible season,  agggggrrruhhhguhgggghhhggggssssczbbbbbssssussshk! <=== That was onomonopia for agita and a plane crashing at the same time. 

32 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Another bad sign.

Details are leaking out to sources like PFT.

A good owner/organization shows its face to the public to announce this and take questions from the media. Not seeing anything scheduled in that regard. Unsurprising to say the least.

Sorry, but firing a coordinator does not warrant any kind of press conference. It just doesn't.

There are plenty of stupid things this organization does, but holding a press conference based on the firing of Williams would not be smart. I mean, what are they going to say?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alentador31 said:

I'm kind of on the fence with what I think will happen. But you have gone soooooooo far on the Gase wagon...what will you do if he is actually fired? Not gonna lie...it will be hilarious - your mentions may just break the forum. 

LOL

C'mon, he's going to do the same thing he did when he was going to become a Giants fan, then wasn't.  He's just going to ignor what he's said in the past.  

And start something else to annoy you. lol

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

For whatever it’s worth and despite the narrative here... The players clearly and publicly turned on Williams.  Thus far, not Gase.

Players?  Or player?  Ive only heard Maye's comments  which is just silly considering Williams dropped 4 safeties on the play before that and Maye who got torched all game long, let Angholor get behind him and Carr missed the throw.  What is Maye saying if David Carr didnt suck and completed that pass?

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Take a franchise most believe to be dysfunctional for the past 50 years.

Take a team who entrusted John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan to draft players.

Take a team believed to have the worst roster in the NFL and expected to win no more than 5 games.

Take away all the playmakers due to release, trade, or opt-outs (Mosley, Adams, Bell, Anderson).

Take away all the replacements due to injury (Perriman, Mims, Perine, Zuniga).

Take away the franchise quarterback as a bust (Darnold) and see him get injured as well.

That leaves a team capable of going 0-16 no matter who its head coach is.  Don't judge the coaching staff on W's and L's.  Judge them on the effort of the players and if the youngsters are developing.  Gase gets high marks on both counts.

SAR I

Understandable. I see the fight in the players, i just dont see it from Gase.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCemfI5L-**

A top 10 list of hail marys, what is the hall mark of most of these?  passive rush, no pressure, let the Qb run around and one wr outcatching multiple defenders

A Hail Mary is a chance play that gives the Defense the advantage probably 99% of the time throughout NFL history. Williams call I can't put %'s up for as its probably been done so infrequently to be statistically relevant, 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL

C'mon he's going to do the same thing he did when he was going to become a Giants fan, then wasn't.  He's just going to ignore what he's said in the past.  

And start something else to annoy you. lol

The iggy feature works just fine :) 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Extraordinary leap?  Really?  How?  I know you supposedly have inside info so maybe you know something we dont but if you're just a fan looking at the outside in, how can you not think they're bringing him back?  Every single act the Jets have done would appear to show support for Adam Gase.  That's not opinion, that's fact.

I think you got too much sun this weekend Brody.

Gase is getting fired within 24 hours of the last game.  Period.

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

Heard that. Rex needs to check himself and cool with the bluster. He did say he may have been beat on cover 0 before, but never in that situation.

We've all seen Rex's defenses get roasted in key spots...and with a lot more talent on the field than Williams had (not defending Williams's call....it's indefensible).

Every D gets toasted. His D was very old but blitzing 8 in a Hail Mary situation is clearly borderline retarded. Key word: Hail Mary. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The team was built for Bell and Perine to be the primary ball carriers.  The only reason that Gore got all those touches was because Bell busted and was released and Perine can't stay healthy.  The two no-names we gave the ball to yesterday weren't given a lot of reps and needed to be coached-up mid-season.  

Yesterday wasn't about Gase blowing it with Gore; it was about Gase working miracles with two nobodies to the tune of almost 200 yards of rushing against a playoff team.  It's one of his finest moments.  It's exactly what so many are looking for-  signs that Gase can develop young players.

SAR I

You actually believe that he can develop young players? Really? Because he HAD to play two youngsters who otherwise would have remained nailed to the benches had the injury to Gore necessitated their presence on the field?