Gregg Williams fired

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Guys, there is zero chance Adam Gase is the HC in 2021. 

This is just a reaction to all the media attention over the ridiculous call that made some question if it was a tank.

The good news -- as I've said many times -- the only thing the Johnsons truly care about are profits and media. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Gase shutout vs. the Dolphins.  All 3 WR's healthy, OL healthy, Gore healthy, Darnold healthy.

but they fire Williams because of 1 play? 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Gase is coming back, confirmed.

**** you Jets

Yeah, I put it at maybe 40% Gase is back 2021. I don't think it's a lock he gets fired at all.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

This is the dumbest organization in the history of sports.

The only dumb rationale I can think of is that the Jets are getting media scrutinized  in the news cycle and the Jets are PR monsters. 

the second reason to spin this could be Marcus Maye’s indication that the lockerroom is fractured and they let him go over it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jets Voice of Reason said:

The only dumb rationale I can think of is that the Jets are getting media scrutinized  in the news cycle and the Jets are PR monsters. 

the second reason to spin this could be Marcus Maye’s indication that the lockerroom is fractured and they let him go over it. 

The Jets have been getting media scrutinized about Gase for 10 weeks.  lol  This is just a dysfunctional joke, 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Ohhhh man.....I can't wait to hear what Williams has to say about Gase. 

I guess for his future as a coach in this league Williams should keep tight lipped.  But when has Williams ever been able to control himself and his ego?

Indeed, I wouldn't get excited.  If Williams wants to work again (and he does), he'll do what they all do in this spot, say little to nothing controversial.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

I have mentioned this idea multiple times over the past several months but I legitimately think there’s a chance, and not a tiny one, that Adam Gase is coaching here next year.

It’s not what I want but it’s what I think.

Exactly! Signs are pointing to this being the case, and trust me, i dont want him here anymore!

• Upvote 3

We may need an organized fan movement to make sure the Johnsons fully realize how much fans care that Gase is not the coach in 2021.  I'm not that guy but someone out there is the hero we need and deserve.  The evidence of how awful a HC Gase is cannot be swept under any rug.  it appears that enough heat from the media and fans can sway their actions so let's get to it.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Obviously Gase could have (and should have) overruled GW on that play (assuming we were "on the level", which I don't think we were). 

But this also makes me wonder if Joe D is being loyal to Gase, because Gase helped bring him in here.  I still can't see Gase being the HC next season but I do think it's possible he remains with the organization in a different capacity (assistant to Joe D).  I mean, it's not like any other team is going to want Gase after the trainwreck that's been these past 2 years.  And CJ, being the idiot that he is, probably still loves Gase and is reminded of Wayne Gretzky.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

If he was making the calls then Gase would already be fired.

Jets must be paying the most coaches/executives to sit on their couches in the league.

Johnsons are poster children for "penny wise, pound foolish." You get what you pay for and if you hire legitimate talent, you only have to pay one at a time!

• Upvote 2

Just now, jgb said:

Jets must be paying the most coaches/executives to sit on their couches in the league.

Johnsons are poster children for "penny wise, pound foolish." You get what you pay for and if you hire legitimate talent, you only have to pay one at a time!

Do you actually think they will keep Gase? I sure as hell hope not.

• Upvote 1