Sam Darnold or Justin Fields?

Sam Darnold or Justin Fields moving forward?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Darnold or Fields?

• Sam Darnold
    • Justin Fields

Straight up I’d want to try Fields but when you consider that pick could result in multiple picks including more firsts....it’s a tough call tbh. I don’t think Fields is going to suck I just think he’s a giant unknown to me right now. You can def see the potential. With Darnold it’s trying to figure out how much is it Gase vs him just sucking. The odds that it clicks for Sam under a new HC is as “how the **** should I know” which is the same odds Fields can ball at this level imo. I picked Fields though fwiw. 

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Yall dying to pay sam 25 mill to be the worst statistical QB in nfl another year.  Dude doesnt even use the WR he has . But all you hear is he need to playmakers. 

Just some outside opinion...

From a CBS mock draft a few days ago.

The quarterback position is settled with Trevor Lawrence. In an ideal world, Joe Douglas would be able to add a third first-round pick in a trade of Sam Darnold. New York has several holes to fill in their streets and on their roster. Derion Kendrick would be a cornerstone cornerback but the offensive line needs to improve for Lawrence to have sustained success.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-lions-falcons-take-young-quarterbacks-bengals-pair-jamarr-chase-with-joe-burrow/

Definitely looks like many still consider Sam worthy of a 1st round pick.  Even with the fact most of his cheap years are gone.

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

Thoroughly amazed at the amount of people that had giant stiffies of the thought of Trevor Lawrence but now are suddenly OK with going with Sam again.

Trevor is supposed to be the next Elway.  You don't pass up on that.  At this point though, I think Joe D is probably going to trade down and get more picks.  As much as I'd love Sewell, we have too many areas of need.  

I still do have faith in Sam. Taking Trevor would be a no brainer if the world decides to correct itself. 

I don’t like Fields at all. Never did even before the last couple he’s played. 

I don’t want any of those QBs that will shake loose either in the Free Agency class. 

build around Sam and just pray whoever steps in for Gase can help him. Surround him with talent like Robinson, drafting Sewell(if no trade down) and just have hope. 

Right now it’s a horrible dark cloud and I’m feeling pretty defeated as a whole. I was worried about the Patriots but I was still not accepting the reality of us winning a game. 

today really sucks. 

• Upvote 1

Two things people are overlooking when it comes to Darnold...

#1: There is a $25 million decision looming this offseason on whether to pick up his 5th year option for 2022.

#2: The decision isn't just about his play on the field its also about his inability to stay healthy. 3 seasons in a row he's missed a significant chunk of the season with an injury. 

Beyond that his play has regressed from year 1 and no, it's not all on the HC.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

The chances of Sam ever being lights out, at this point, are slim to none. He hasn't shown anything to warrant thinking he will be what we expected when we drafted him. Don't we have to keep picking until we find that guy? We were stacked in 2010 and Sanchez wasn't enough. No matter what we put around Sam, it won't be enough. Draft a QB.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I am ok with that but we desperately need playmakers who can score points. 

Travis Etienne is something special at RB

Make the line special. That'll have a bigger impact. Especially if they stick with Darnold or go after someone like Carson Wentz. 

17 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Darnold 

Fields, Wilson, Lance...they can all suck the wettest fart directly from my balloon knot.

Hire a coach who knows his ass from his elbow. Build up the skill positions. Continue to build the OL.

If Darnold sucks, well...he sucks.

At least the next young QB won’t walk into a situation where the cupboard is completely bare.

How many people here said Herbert will suck. Allen will suck. Burrow will suck. 

I can’t pretend to be a scout but from what I’ve seen from Darnold and a large contract looming I almost feel like it makes sense to take a new young QB. I don’t think we’re going to be picking in the top 2 again in the next year or so...it might make most sense to try and hit on one of these guys. 

Just now, KINGDIRK said:

How many people here said Herbert will suck. Allen will suck. Burrow will suck. 

I can’t pretend to be a scout but from what I’ve seen from Darnold and a large contract looming I almost feel like it makes sense to take a new young QB. I don’t think we’re going to be picking in the top 2 again in the next year or so...it might make most sense to try and hit on one of these guys. 

I, for one, am still holding out hope that Allen will suck. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

You want to move on from Sam, I get it.

But if you take Fields at #2 you're a fool.

Trade out of #2 or up from the Seattle pick and grab value

This team has so many holes it's ridiculous to take a flyer on a raw prospect like Fields

I agree with all of this but who is going to trade up to take Fields? I don't think anybody would. I guess we are going to draft Sewell. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

How do you feel about Zach Wilson?

I really feel he is the 2nd best prospect behind Trevor. Fields has exposed himself IMO as a flawed prospect with little ability to handle pressure, see the field or handle progressions. Also, is he really 6'3"? He seems to have trouble seeing and throwing over the rush when pressured. He is a very talented QB and if allowed a clean pocket he is extremely accurate throwing in rhythm but that is NOT the NFL.

Wilson shows good pocket awareness and see the field well while being deadly accurate. He has very good "arm talent", making throws from all arm angles while showing good touch. I love his footwork and he has good mechanics with a quick release. He has above average athleticism(not great) making him a threat in RPO schemes as well as when scrambling. He reminds me a little of Aaron Rogers(I am NOT saying he's as good as AR) with how he handles himself in the pocket and is very accurate when throwing on the run. The concerns with Wilson are the level of competition he's played against and his durability as he had to deal with a shoulder injury, missing time in his second season at BYU.

If the Jets wind up with the 2nd pick the ideal scenario would be to trade down in the 5-10 range and still try to land Wilson. This has been a very long day already...ugh.

20 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Darnold 

Fields, Wilson, Lance...they can all suck the wettest fart directly from my balloon knot.

Hire a coach who knows his ass from his elbow. Build up the skill positions. Continue to build the OL.

If Darnold sucks, well...he sucks.

At least the next young QB won’t walk into a situation where the cupboard is completely bare.

I think best plan right now is stick with Darnold and go after Daboll. Dude turned a lesser prospect in Josh Allen into a top 5 qb and bellicheck tree been doi much better lately (Flores, vrabel, judge)