BYU on tonight at 7. Required Watching

section314

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

He's throwing to wide open receivers. This game shows nothing of value.

Kyler murray and to a lesser extent trevor lawrence also threw to wide open WRs in college. It does make it pretty tough to evaluate the ability to go through progressions.

He reminds me a lot of kyler murray. Which is fine if you bring in an OC that builds a kliff kingsbury type offense. 

He's listed at 6'3. I'm not buying that. He looks closer to 6'1. But if he is 6'3, that's a plus for a kid that can move this well.

I live down here in Florida and one thing I know about UCF; they've never been known for Defense. 

They've sent a combined 10 players into the NFL over the past 10 years. 

Wilson looks good tonight but he's playing against a glorified High School Defense where none of his opposition will even ever sniff an NFL playing field...

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I say you still take the Jonathan Ogden prospect and try to salvage Sam  

For the people who say this, do you view the Jets as an NFL football team or a QB rehabilitation clinic? Do you realize there are going to be teams drafting QBs in the first round who have QBs who are better than Darnold (Minshews, Trubisky, etc)? Why? Because they realize it’s the most important piece, and you have to grab the top prospects when you have the chance. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Why isn't that same question asked about Lawrence?  I don't understand that.  Maybe it is asked and I don't see it.

I know the discussion at hand is Wilson/Fields but I just hear this a lot with Fields and never with Lawrence.

Lawrence is a super tall white guy that looks like the character from a movie. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Kyler murray and to a lesser extent trevor lawrence also threw to wide open WRs in college. It does make it pretty tough to evaluate the ability to go through progressions.

He reminds me a lot of kyler murray. Which is fine if you bring in an OC that builds a kliff kingsbury type offense. 

He's listed at 6'3. I'm not buying that. He looks closer to 6'1. But if he is 6'3, that's a plus for a kid that can move this well.

My comp for him is Kyler without the running and mixed a little bit of a-rod.

Just now, Untouchable said:

Of course JD should make that evaluation. 

He and his staff should be evaluating every QB from Lawrence to some slapdick from Grand Valley State. That’s their jobs.

But am I suddenly buying into this Wilson hype? Not a chance.

If you’re not getting Lawrence, then don’t just go out and snag a QB at #2 overall simply because the disappointment of not landing Mr. Sunshine in gnawing away at you.

The Jets have the resources in both FA and the draft to start building a respectable core so that the next young QB that comes in isn’t immediately regarded as a dead man walking.

I agree.  You can't go into the draft saying we have to take a QB at 2.  As you have pointed out, that's how you end up with Blake Bortles/Blaine Gabberts in the top 10. 

I just think your argument is going to far to the other extreme.  If we are picking 2, and there is a QB on the board that we think can be a top 10 QB, don't wait another year, take him in April.  Just as I think it is wrong to say we need to take a QB at 2, I also think it is a mistake to go into the draft with the thought that we should wait until 2022.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Seeing him for the first time...

He is no Josh Allen...

He is no Trevor Lawrence...

He looks puny and thin...

I'll pass...

BTW, he looks so much better at throwing the football than Darnold it is nauseating...

FWIW, he has a higher BMI than Lawrence.