Bieniemy and Fields will fix our future

Blackout

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Hot garbage

In fairness, we don't really know that either.

That's the thing, no one really knows WHAT Bienemy is or isn't. He's not in charge of anything or responsible for anything personally, which makes it impossible to tell what he IS to be evaluated on.    

• Upvote 4

Just now, Warfish said:

That's the thing, no one really knows WHAT Bienemy is or isn't. He's not in charge of anything or responsible for anything personally, which makes it impossible to tell what he IS to be evaluated on.    

I just wonder if Bienemy is more responsible for Pat Mahomes than Gase is for Peyton Manning.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Why is he just a coffee getter?

Mat Nagy had the same position with the Chiefs, is he so much better than Bienemy?

A fair knock on him be that Nagy hasn't been that great offensively since he has been the HC of the Bears but denigrating Bienemy doesn't make sense to me.

Listening to Rich Cimini's podcast and former NY Jet Mike DeVito (who is very in tune with the NFL) is all on board for Bienemy. Says his time in KC was an eye opener of how great he was as a coach and how the players responded to him. Character, knowledgeable, respects his players, players love him, experience, hard working are all words and phrases that he used to describe Bienemy. Says he would jokingly tell Bienemy to coach the DLine because he loved him so much. He also added that at this point of his coaching career, other quality coaches would be knocking down the door to be on his staff. It made me consider this candidate much more, 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I’ve repeatedly asked the question what makes Bieniemy less qualified then both Nagy or Pedersen when they were hired as HCs and I’ve yet to get a response LOL 

Well this is what Reid and Mahomes say about Bieniemy.....

“I’d say hire him, like right now,” Reid said. “That’s what I’d tell you. I don’t want to lose him, but if you’re asking me if he’s ready to be a head coach? Yeah, he’s ready. He was ready last year. Nobody is in more control than what he is within this game. He is a leader of men. He knows football, but he knows the offense like the back of his hand. He is in the quarterback room every day. I think if you talked to Patrick, I think Patrick would tell you how much of an influence he has had on him.”

With Mahomes taking the podium just after Reid, reporters did ask Mahomes about Bieniemy and his influence.

“I think the details and the way he is able to control the room to get the best out of every single player is a big thing,” Mahomes said. “He holds you to a high standard and he holds you to the standard that you need to be perfect with every single rep you get in practice. I think those details and that standard he holds everybody to elevates everyone’s game.”

Far from a coffee cup holder!

So is Bieneny the perfect candidate?

IMO No!

But is also simply disingenuous to imply that Bieniemy is essentially UNQUAILIFED and just carrying coffee.

Don't like him fine, I personally believe that there are better candidates but lets be fair....

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/05/kansas-city-chiefs-head-coach-andy-reid-recommends-offensive-coordinator-eric-bieniemy-for-head-coaching-job/

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

And the guy who pumps @SAR I's gas is invaluable to driving him around.

What, do you expect them to come out and say, "no, he really doesn't do anything, he's just there"?

Well in that sense you are right to some degree but Reid said the same thing about these former assistants who worked under him.

Indeed for example Doug Pederson, John Harbaugh, Ron Rivera and Sean McDermott all worked under Andy Reid.... just to name a few.

And as far as that goes those are some pretty good HCs, and Bienemy hopefully will fall in that line and Reid seems to feel he is inline to be just as good as well!

I will never understand why people want Bienemy as a coach. First of all we all know it’s Ried who does the play calling and he’s been interviewed multiple times over the last couple seasons, so him not being hired should speak a lot (not saying he’s a bad guy) just don’t think he will be a good head coach.

The only coach I’m interested in from the Chiefs is their QB coach Mike Kafka and I’d be all in for Jets to hire him as our next OC or something like that. Would be great to get someone like him to coach the next QB we draft.

Just now, phill1c said:

How so? He's actually had success. But I guess you mean he's never been a head coach before?

Never HC. Passed over several times. Will be so happy to finally get his shot will accept below-average salary. And I don’t want to get political but Woody likes to curry favor with the league.

1 hour ago, Jet Life said:

Not a fan of the OC/DC of a team when the HC is really the architect of that department. It leaves doubt that the coordinator is just the coffee guy 

Agree give me the OC who has over achieved without a HOF quality QB. That’s the dude I want.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Never HC. Passed over several times. Will be so happy to finally get his shot will accept below-average salary. And I don’t want to get political but Woody likes to curry favor with the league.

I think it's more that when you don't have stability in the organization (or people that the league respects) your pool of good candidates gets small real quick.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

“I’d say hire him, like right now,” Reid said. “That’s what I’d tell you. I don’t want to lose him, but if you’re asking me if he’s ready to be a head coach? Yeah, he’s ready. He was ready last year. Nobody is in more control than what he is within this game. He is a leader of men. He knows football, but he knows the offense like the back of his hand. He is in the quarterback room every day. I think if you talked to Patrick, I think Patrick would tell you how much of an influence he has had on him.”

With Mahomes taking the podium just after Reid, reporters did ask Mahomes about Bieniemy and his influence.

“I think the details and the way he is able to control the room to get the best out of every single player is a big thing,” Mahomes said. “He holds you to a high standard and he holds you to the standard that you need to be perfect with every single rep you get in practice. I think those details and that standard he holds everybody to elevates everyone’s game.”

IMO No!

But is also simply disingenuous to imply that Bieniemy is essentially UNQUAILIFED and just carrying coffee.

Don't like him fine, I personally believe that there are better candidates but lets be fair....

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/05/kansas-city-chiefs-head-coach-andy-reid-recommends-offensive-coordinator-eric-bieniemy-for-head-coaching-job/

100% 

And the thing is.....I have no idea if he’s gonna be a good HC or not, I honestly think he should stay away from the Jets because it’s clear from the vitriol that he would not be given the benefit of time to build this team, and it’s clear the next HC of this team is gonna need time to build and it’s prob gonna look ugly early on in the process. I just find it odd that people call Bieniemy coffee fetcher but guys like Nagy and Pedersen were lauded on these message boards for their offensive acumen while having the same exact responsibility(or lack thereof) under Andy Reid and for less time.....

• Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Replace one clipboard holder coffee go-getter with another at Head Coach?

No thanks.

How about we hire a Coach who ACTUALLY is responsible for COACHING a SUCCESSFUL team or unit?

Not the guy who brings that guy coffee.

Andy Reid never won a superbowl until he worked with Eric 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

I heard him rip into Edwards Helaire for missing blocks on goal line carries 

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Speared in the ribs, limping back on the field and throws a TD. That is my kind of QB. 

Absolutely uncanny accuracy on deep passes, one after another.  I'm not an expert by any means but I was extremely impressed. And someday we probably will find out that he had a couple of broken ribs.  6 TD passes while toughing it out?  I'll take it.

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

IMO No!

Doesn't he have some wackiness/brushes with the law in his background?  That concerns me regarding his judgment and whether he will be able to deal with the NY media.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Because he has been interviewed like 10 times or more the last 2 years and gotten exactly 0 serious interest. Why would he all of a sudden be a good candidate? 

So your deep reasoning is others passed him by, why shouldnt we do the same?

And if others made a mistake, we should just go along with it? 

• Sympathy 2

4 hours ago, nycdan said:

Seriously.  I think, barring something horrible in the finals, we should all get comfortable with the idea of seeing J. Fields as a Jet next year.

Which I'm totally fine with and which may give me JUST enough time to stop calling him Joe.  Because I am really screwing that up.

Maybe he can snap the ball to himself. Then you got Joe and Justin covered.