Kyle Pitts: Draft the Beast!

I sense many posters reacting dismissive to the idea of trading down and acquiring a stud prospects along with acquiring premium draft picks to build up this bottom 5 of a roster. Recency bias has cause many poster who didn't validate Fields or Wilson from poor performances (Northwestern, Coastal Carolina) to now placed them on a pedestal (shout out to those who rocked with them from the beginning). 

But there's a stud out there named Kyle Pitts, whos talent is worth passing up a QB 2nd overall, while acquiring more picks and possibly drafting a QB later on with the 2nd pick 1st if they truely want to move on from Darnold at all cost.

Pitts is arguably a top 3 talent in the draft as well as the best receiving target. He'll definitely do wonders for who evers under center.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I sense many posters reacting dismissive to the idea of trading down and acquiring a stud prospects along with acquiring premium draft picks to build up this bottom 5 of a roster. Recency bias has cause many poster who didn't validate Fields or Wilson from poor performances (Northwestern, Coastal Carolina) to now placed them on a pedestal (shout out to those who rocked with them from the beginning). 

But there's a stud out there named Kyle Pitts, whos talent is worth passing up a QB 2nd overall, while acquiring more picks and possibly drafting a QB later on with the 2nd pick 1st if they truely want to move on from Darnold at all cost.

Pitts is arguably a top 3 talent in the draft as well as the best receiving target. He'll definitely do wonders for who evers under center.

Reminds of Shannon Sharpe and if you told me that’s what the Jets would get I’d still be skeptical drafting him because I don’t think Sharpe by himself could help the Jets enough.

39 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Reminds of Shannon Sharpe and if you told me that’s what the Jets would get I’d still be skeptical drafting him because I don’t think Sharpe by himself could help the Jets enough.

We're not getting Pitts by himself. We're getting a haul of picks to go with him.

This could include second, thirds and future picks and players.

A team like the Panthers (or Broncos who pick behind them) can load off the 8th, 39th, 73rd along with next season's 1st rounder and 2nd rounder. 

42 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Don't think of him as TE -- think of him as an offensive weapon who is a mismatch machine.

I'd take Pitts over any WR in the draft. Much more of a sure thing, much more of a freak. You can find good WRs in the 2nd and 3rd.

Dude not this old argument, George kittle was found in the 5th round.  Darren Waller?  Logan thomas?  Kelce 3rd round.

• Upvote 1

Call me old fashioned but I'd pass on him for quitting on his team at Florida's bowl game. Football, IMHO, is the ultimqate team sport. How the hell do you tell your team mates " hey good luck but I going to do my own thing" . Just don't care for that "It's all about me" mind set. He'd liable to bail on his NFL team too if he had free agency pending. 

I don't watch a lot of college football, but after seeing 3 Florida games, I have been wanting this guy all year. I agree if we trade down (maybe twice) and could land him, it would be an amazing draft. The real question is what will we get for the trade down? If it isn't at least a 2nd this year and a 1st next year and 2023 it may not be worth it.

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Don't think of him as TE -- think of him as an offensive weapon who is a mismatch machine.

I'd take Pitts over any WR in the draft. Much more of a sure thing, much more of a freak. You can find good WRs in the 2nd and 3rd.

This....he might be worth the No2 overall pick....if people think Sewell is worth taking at 2 (a one year winder who hasn’t played in a year and who plays a position we used the 11th overall pick on last year) then why the hell wouldn’t you consider Pitts. He’s Julio Jones/Megatron....when he runs a 4.38 at the combine at 240 + it’ll get tasty. 

The question is whether he’s actually a TE or not?....does he do any inline blocking?

Totally agree he might be the best WR in the draft

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

59 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Call me old fashioned but I'd pass on him for quitting on his team at Florida's bowl game. Football, IMHO, is the ultimqate team sport. How the hell do you tell your team mates " hey good luck but I going to do my own thing" . Just don't care for that "It's all about me" mind set. He'd liable to bail on his NFL team too if he had free agency pending. 

Name one draft eligible player projected to go in the top 2 or 3 rounds that played in FBS Bowl game outside of the FBS playoffs?

This year even those projected in the 4th round skipped out. 

4 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

This....he might be worth the No2 overall pick....if people think Sewell is worth taking at 2 (a one year winder who hasn’t played in a year and who plays a position we used the 11th overall pick on last year) then why the hell wouldn’t you consider Pitts. He’s Julio Jones/Megatron....when he runs a 4.38 at the combine at 240 + it’ll get tasty. 

The question is whether he’s actually a TE or not?....does he do any inline blocking?

Totally agree he might be the best WR in the draft

I wouldn't label him a traditional TE. More so an H- back/receiver.

He's 6'6, 239 lbs, Claybool is 6'4, 238 lbs. So Pitts is definitely leaner and quicker. Yes Pitts has a couple more months to display what weight he wants to be listed as. But going from what we know, we have to tag him as a receiver at 239. From a size stand point, that definitely sits on tier with Megatron. I see Pitts running near 4.49 however.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Can’t pass on Smith or Chase for a TE no mater how good. I do agree he is a beast. I read today he had no drops this year...guy was certainly targeted.

I mean if he can be the next Travis Kelce or something I’d have no problem taking him over a WR lol 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

We're not getting Pitts by himself. We're getting a haul of picks to go with him.

This could include second, thirds and future picks and players.

A team like the Panthers (or Broncos who pick behind them) can load off the 8th, 39th, 73rd along with next season's 1st rounder and 2nd rounder. 

Again a bunch of rookies is not coming in to make a difference in the next 2 years at TE, and Safety.  

Pitts is a guy who bares watching. Jets FO has a lot of connections to the Florida program and Douglas has a strong affinity for the TE position. We know Douglas prioritizes the offensive- and defensive-lines, but I really wonder what he would do if successfully traded down and was staring at a top WR and a TE like Pitts

47 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Again a bunch of rookies is not coming in to make a difference in the next 2 years at TE, and Safety.  

You lost me on this one, who said anything about a TE and S? Not even trying to agrue or debate but more so trying to piece things together.

You think Pitts won't make a difference as a receiver because you view him as a TE but where'd the Safety part come into this? Plus 

4 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

4 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Can’t pass on Smith or Chase for a TE no mater how good. I do agree he is a beast. I read today he had no drops this year...guy was certainly targeted.

Best tight end prospects I’ve seen since Jimmy Graham. Better than Fant/Hockenson. A Megatron of the TE.Was never a fan of some these flops like Howard or Ebron. Im a connoisseur of End Tightness. He is the best. Wouldn’t fault a team for taking him over any WR.

But Fields put that dream to bed. Baring a total meltdown of epic proportions in the natty, you gotta square away the QB. Sadly. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I wouldn't label him a traditional TE. More so an H- back/receiver.

He's 6'6, 239 lbs, Claybool is 6'4, 238 lbs. So Pitts is definitely leaner and quicker. Yes Pitts has a couple more months to display what weight he wants to be listed as. But going from what we know, we have to tag him as a receiver at 239. From a size stand point, that definitely sits on tier with Megatron. I see Pitts running near 4.49 however.

It’s an F TE. Not an Hback. James Casey out of rice was last closest thing to an Hback. Maybe Kyle Juzexck (however the hell he spells that) 

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Best tight end prospects I’ve seen since Jimmy Graham. Better than Fant/Hockenson. A Megatron of the TE.Was never a fan of some these flops like Howard or Ebron. Im a connoisseur of End Tightness. He is the best. Wouldn’t fault a team for taking him over any WR.

But Fields put that dream to bed. Baring a total meltdown of epic proportions in the natty, you gotta square away the QB. Sadly. 

Better prospect than Duke Davis?

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

I dunno man, werent you like a huge ASJ fan? ?