A look at a few posts from the Texans board

Jetsfan80

15 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

If it's not his style to get an elite QB then get him out the f*cking door.

IMHO I think Douglas is putting the pieces together for a winning franchise that will be a lasting one. Jets need help in a lot of other areas. Getting the coaching staff and leadership is part of it. O-line needs help, secondary needs help, WR corps, and I think the Jets will be looking at a revamped LB squad considering Salah run’s a 3-4 D. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

I think the Texans are gonna require quite a bounty to get him to the Jets or anywhere for that matter.

That's cool and all, but the Texans are going to have to just accept the best deal they can get (from a team where Watson will waive his no-trade clause), whatever that happens to be.  Otherwise Watson will be causing massive issues for that organization for the next 9 months (or more).

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Literally nothing is more lasting than having a 25 year old elite QB. At that point you have a 10 year window to put something together.

This f*cking nonsense about focusing on the rest of the team is hilarious. Look at the QB's in the Superbowl, look at how Tampa went from being a longer running train wreck than the Jets straight to the Superbowl. 

If Douglas doesn't see the value in Watson he needs to go. This is a once in a generation opportunity. The second most valuable player in football just became available and the Jets have the best resources to get him. If he f*cks this up it's unforgivable.

Get the f*cking QB. Figure out the details later.

100% agree but check this out: https://www.google.com/amp/s/mantozone.com/2020/04/15/jimmy-sexton-and-the-rotting-corpse-of-the-new-york-jets/amp/

^^^^

This is something I think can’t be overlooked

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

100% agree but check this out: https://www.google.com/amp/s/mantozone.com/2020/04/15/jimmy-sexton-and-the-rotting-corpse-of-the-new-york-jets/amp/

^^^^

This is something I think can’t be overlooked

Sure, but Gase is already gone.  So why is it some big stretch that Darnold could be, too?

The best thing for Darnold, if he isn't going to be the starting QB for the Jets in 2021, would be to latch on elsewhere.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/20/2021 at 4:59 PM, ScarletKnight89 said:

If I were a Houston fan I'd be a little pissed off at the way he is acting. Obviously I love it though, cause I want him on the Jets. But Watson is kinda acting immature about this. 

As a Jets fan who has been disgruntled with the Jets organization and ownership I'm very comfortable with Watson pissing on the Texans.  If I was a Texans fan I would be pissing on the Texans ownership and management just as much as I piss on the Jets management and ownership.  

I can't be mad at Watson for being right.  I'm a little shocked he want's to come to the NY Jets.  Maybe we really have something with Douglas and Saleh?  It's a good sign that he wants to come here.   I think he's spot on regarding the Texas ownership and management.  I think it says something about the Jets right now.  We should take this as a sign that the ship is finally turning.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Literally nothing is more lasting than having a 25 year old elite QB. At that point you have a 10 year window to put something together.

This f*cking nonsense about focusing on the rest of the team is hilarious. Look at the QB's in the Superbowl, look at how Tampa went from being a longer running train wreck than the Jets straight to the Superbowl. 

If Douglas doesn't see the value in Watson he needs to go. This is a once in a generation opportunity. The second most valuable player in football just became available and the Jets have the best resources to get him. If he f*cks this up it's unforgivable.

Except that there is a LOT more risk with one excellent player than a half dozen or more good players.

Houston HAS the Qb and won four ******* games last year.

andrew-luck-7-1400.jpg

• Upvote 2

That fan base has got to be more demoralized than we were all year.  Hard to believe but probably true.

What's worse.  Never having the FQB or having one only to see him slip away because of ownership mismanagement.  And this is on top of Harden leaving and the Astros inevitable and continuing decline.  I can't blame them for dreaming up insane trade scenarios that will soften the blow.  We would have some people here doing the same.  But when the smoke clears, I can't see them getting more than #2 and two other premium picks from us.  

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Lith said:

Crazy sh*t from Texans fans.  Surprised they did not suggest we include Becton and Saleh also.  Almost as crazy as some of the takes on our board.

To be fair, they've seen him play, fallen in love with him the last 4+ years, and know just how good he is.  A young franchise QB is priceless.  He's the most valuable player in the NFL not named Pat Mahomes.  

If I were in their shoes, I'd be demanding the world for him, too.  They won't get it, but it's to be expected that we'd see these kinds of tweets.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Except that there is a LOT more risk with one excellent player than a half dozen or more good players.

andrew-luck-7-1400.jpg

Colts made the AFCCG and actually won playoff games with Andrew Luck.

Colts had one of the best 53 man rosters last year, lost because they have the corpse of Phillip Rivers at QB(and idiotic playcalling by Reich).

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Colts made the AFCCG and actually won playoff games with Andrew Luck.

Colts had one of the best 53 man rosters last year, lost because they have the corpse of Phillip Rivers at QB(and idiotic playcalling by Reich).

Andrew Luck retired at the age of 29 due to injures and a team with at that time a bad oline who got him killed.

that is the whole point.

We want to trade a massive amount of assets for one really good player but if that one really good player decides to pack it in or gets hurt you are out of luck.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Andrew Luck retired at the age of 29 due to injures and a team with at that time a bad oline who got him killed.

that is the whole point.

We want to trade a massive amount of assets for one really good player but if that one really good player decides to pack it in nor gets hurt you are out of luck.

Your point is ridiculous though. The idea the Jets can't build a team around a 25 year old QB even after giving up draft capital is preposterous.

I would think JD as a former OL would understand the importance of building a team in the trenches; as always in pro football - it's a high impact contact sport. People get hurt all the time. As long as they're playing tackle football, you can't mitigate that risk.

Just because the Texans were incompetent in building a team around Watson(and how bad were they, they won the division and were in the divisional round last year) does not mean the Jets would be.

Unless the actual premise of your argument is Darnold is not the problem and we should keep him around.....

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To be fair, they've seen him play, fallen in love with him the last 4+ years, and know just how good he is.  A young franchise QB is priceless.  He's the most valuable player in the NFL not named Pat Mahomes.  

If I were in their shoes, I'd be demanding the world for him, too.  They won't get it, but it's to be expected that we'd see these kinds of tweets.

Darnold only played 3 years :)

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2021 at 4:26 PM, jgb said:

Well when I announced loudly and repeatedly that Tannehill was gonna be good, I was butt fumbled into oblivion. Zero upvotes. Wish you were on the board then.

PS: Trubisky is next 

Trubisky could be good.

He had VERY little college experience, complete about 64% of his passes, with almost a 2:1 TD to int. ratio.   He is also 25-13 as a starter (after his rookie year).   I think he is more like an Alex Smith type, a guy who it just took a while to get it.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure, but Gase is already gone.  So why is it some big stretch that Darnold could be, too?

The best thing for Darnold, if he isn't going to be the starting QB for the Jets in 2021, would be to latch on elsewhere.  

Gase couldn’t stay for obvious reasons and a QB is worth more than a coach or GM. With that being said,  I hope and pray you’re correct 

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

You nailed it.  Having Watson would be the engine in our push to the playoffs. All you need are some tires with 50% tread (RB) Bumpers (OL) and an axle ( #1 WR). Watson is the 350 Hemi under the hood!

This is the closest I have come to neg repping a post since 2019!  350 Hemi?  Acceptable answers include 426, 392, 331, 6.4, 6.2, 6.1, or 5.7.  350 is a GM number.  Mopar made a 350 for 1958, but it was an RB wedge, not a Hemi.  GM calls their 350 a 5.7, but the Mopar Gen3 5.7 Hemi is a 345

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is the closest I have come to neg repping a post since 2019!  350 Hemi?  Acceptable answers include 426, 392, 331, 6.4, 6.2, 6.1, or 5.7.  350 is a GM number.  Mopar made a 350 for 1958, but it was an RB wedge, not a Hemi.  GM calls their 350 a 5.7, but the Mopar Gen3 5.7 Hemi is a 345

LOL! Sorry..... not a Motor Head like some others.

art motorhead GIF by Zephan

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Your point is ridiculous though. The idea the Jets can't build a team around a 25 year old QB even after giving up draft capital is preposterous.

I would think JD as a former OL would understand the importance of building a team in the trenches; as always in pro football - it's a high impact contact sport. People get hurt all the time. As long as they're playing tackle football, you can't mitigate that risk.

Just because the Texans were incompetent in building a team around Watson(and how bad were they, they won the division and were in the divisional round last year) does not mean the Jets would be.

Unless the actual premise of your argument is Darnold is not the problem and we should keep him around.....

Take a look at this teams draft after the 1st round last year.  Sure we can 'build' around the high end QB.

It's the players you have passed on that is the question.  This is not a slam dunk move imo though it is to many in here.

This team is just at the start of a rebuild, not mid rebuild, not end rebuild at the start.

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Tampa in reality was a QB away from a Super Bowl. The Jets are......a long way off. A lot of missing pieces. 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

andrew-luck-7-1400.jpg

This really can't be discounted.  I know he's been very good, but you really can't look at a four win season with a QB playing the whole season and not have worries about his ability to take you to a superbowl.  He might be great, but is he a winner?

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

that is the whole point.

We want to trade a massive amount of assets for one really good player but if that one really good player decides to pack it in or gets hurt you are out of luck.

Well done. 

1 minute ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Teams do not - I repeat - do NOT need to rebuild for 5 years. Again, the idea that it's going to take half a decade to put a competitive product on the field is absurd.

That's true now that we've cleared out the obvious issues at the GM and HC position.  I'm not sure if we definitely have the right guys, but the preceding batch was so awful, no amount of time would have been enough.  We can be cautious in our enthusiasm for Douglas and Saleh, but at least there is a reasonable expectation that it can happen with them.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

That's true now that we've cleared out the obvious issues at the GM and HC position.  I'm not sure if we definitely have the right guys, but the preceding batch was so awful, no amount of time would have been enough.  We can be cautious in our enthusiasm for Douglas and Saleh, but at least there is a reasonable expectation that it can happen with them.

JD's been on the job 19 months. If I'm to believe that we are just starting the rebuild and it's not reasonable to expect a competitive(9-8, 10-7 team) team in the next several years the Jets hired the wrong guy, full stop.

2 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Definitely. Just look at the way that prevented Gase from being fired

Gase had to be fired for obvious reasons and a QB is significantly more valuable to a agent than a coach or even a GM. All I’m saying is we shouldn’t minimize the agents potential impact on this decision, that’s all. I hope I’m wrong