A look at a few posts from the Texans board

Jetsfan80

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Wrong.... I say again ... wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

On 1/20/2021 at 5:16 PM, Fantasy Island said:
Just get him here and the rest will fall in place.  Darnold and the #2 overall along with a 1st next year should do it

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
  On 1/20/2021 at 5:16 PM, Fantasy Island said:
Just get him here and the rest will fall in place.  Darnold and the #2 overall along with a 1st next year should do it
8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I dunno ... we pass on selling the house for a ball and chain QB that would kill the growth of this team .... that will be deeply satisfying to me ... showing we have some actual grey matter in the front office.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

For @Savage69 sake we need to make this move NOW!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I hope JD lets this situation marinate in Houston.  Just a nice sloooow burn.

The last three or four major decisions by the Texans are all negatives for Watson IMO.  DeShaun has to be sitting there pissed off about the GM, the Easterby situation, the hiring of the new HC, and now watching JJ Watt walk away.  They have no Draft picks, everyone dislikes ownership now, etc.  It will simply come down to a standoff now that Watson has requested a trade.

I hope this ferments a couple more weeks and the Texans finally start making a couple calls.....and I hope JD lets the first one go to voicemail before returning the call 2 days later.

Based on what JD expects in return for trades (ex. Jamal) and what he's shown he's willing to spend in FA (ex. Robby too expensive, guys like Perriman, Jenkins, Poole getting one-year deals around $4-5M) does anybody think the Jets will give up a ton for Watson?  I don't.  I wouldn't be shocked if they pay some kind of fair value (two 1st round picks if one of them includes the #2, a couple of other lesser things) but I'd be absolutely shocked if the Jets overpaid by even a tiny bit.

What's the fair trade value for a guy like Watson. Hard to say. If they want 3 1st's, a few 2nds, and a quality defensive starter, would they be asking too much. Probably not. That's why i think this thing is going to drag out for a ling time.

On 1/28/2021 at 1:09 PM, Lith said:

Crazy sh*t from Texans fans.  Surprised they did not suggest we include Becton and Saleh also.  Almost as crazy as some of the takes on our board.

The funny thing is, if you had a player that was worth that much you just wouldn't trade him.

Tom Brady back in the day, what was he worth:  7 first rounders?  Still wouldn't have been worth trading him lol.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

That’s not too much at all.  Still have a 1st this year and next.  No brainer.

Did you watch this team play last year?

It's the least talented team in the league.. With close to no talent at all on offense.  

This team is simply not in a position to give away 3 first round picks.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

48 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's the least talented team in the league.. With close to no talent at all on offense.  

Three pics over three years? I disagree considering we have an additional pick this year and next. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, genot said:

What's the fair trade value for a guy like Watson. Hard to say. If they want 3 1st's, a few 2nds, and a quality defensive starter, would they be asking too much. Probably not. That's why i think this thing is going to drag out for a ling time.

:huh:  Huh ?  Fair trade value has nothing to do with the Watson case . IMHO the Texans, thanks to their no trade clause they gave Watson, has ZERO leverage in all this. They can have a great 3 1st's and 5 #2's deal set up  and all Watson has to do is say no and "poof" the trade's gone. It seems to me that Texans have 2 choices..... A: Except what's offered for a team that Watson wants to play for or B: Keep Watson and have a disgruntled QB on their hand who I'm sure will be "injured" a lot this year.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The difference between what you advocate for (taking Wilson @ 2) and what those who advocate for the proposed Deshaun trade (DJ's three firsts scenario) is two first round picks. 

I get that the Deshaun move is significantly more expensive, but it's also the difference between a 25 Y/O known commodity with success on the NFL level and a prospect with only one season of elite play from a team with the 67th ranked strength of schedule.

(at least according to this source: https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other)

As it stands right now, it doesn't look like the Texans are trading Deshaun anyway, so it's best to operate like the debate is between Darnold + the 2nd overall vs Wilson. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The last three or four major decisions by the Texans are all negatives for Watson IMO.  DeShaun has to be sitting there pissed off about the GM, the Easterby situation, the hiring of the new HC, and now watching JJ Watt walk away.  They have no Draft picks, everyone dislikes ownership now, etc.  It will simply come down to a standoff now that Watson has requested a trade.

I hope this ferments a couple more weeks and the Texans finally start making a couple calls.....and I hope JD lets the first one go to voicemail before returning the call 2 days later.

Based on what JD expects in return for trades (ex. Jamal) and what he's shown he's willing to spend in FA (ex. Robby too expensive, guys like Perriman, Jenkins, Poole getting one-year deals around $4-5M) does anybody think the Jets will give up a ton for Watson?  I don't.  I wouldn't be shocked if they pay some kind of fair value (two 1st round picks if one of them includes the #2, a couple of other lesser things) but I'd be absolutely shocked if the Jets overpaid by even a tiny bit.

I think the over/under is 3 first rounders or 2 first rounders and a player or more picks.

Remember over/under is where 50% of the fans would say we paid too much and 50% are happy with the deal.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

:huh:  Huh ?  Fair trade value has nothing to do with the Watson case . IMHO the Texans, thanks to their no trade clause they gave Watson, has ZERO leverage in all this. They can have a great 3 1st's and 5 #2's deal set up  and all Watson has to do is say no and "poof" the trade's gone. It seems to me that Texans have 2 choices..... A: Except what's offered for a team that Watson wants to play for or B: Keep Watson and have a disgruntled QB on their hand who I'm sure will be "injured" a lot this year.  

The Texan's aren't about to just cave in and get what they can for him. One thing they have going for them is the contract Watson signed off on, 4 months ago. My point was that this isn't getting reaolved in rhe near future. It could drag on into the season, or even wind up in the courts. Watson has that no trade clause. Other than that, he doesn't have a leg to stand in. Legally.

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I don’t know JD personally but he strikes me as a GM who won’t overpay in any trade negotiations. Regarding the Watson situation I’m sure JD has a limit on what draft capital he’d be willing to give up and will patiently wait things out. Remember the Texans are the team that’s in a bind. If the price gets too high JD will simply walk away and build the roster with the surplus of picks that the Jets already posess.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

The difference between what you advocate for (taking Wilson @ 2) and what those who advocate for the proposed Deshaun trade (DJ's three firsts scenario) is two first round picks. 

I get that the Deshaun move is significantly more expensive, but it's also the difference between a 25 Y/O known commodity with success on the NFL level and a prospect with only one season of elite play from a team with the 67th ranked strength of schedule.

(at least according to this source: https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other)

As it stands right now, it doesn't look like the Texans are trading Deshaun anyway, so it's best to operate like the debate is between Darnold + the 2nd overall vs Wilson. 

Are you referencing the 4 wins success?

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

There are a few people who keep saying this and I think they're way off the mark.

I think you'd be shocked how much better everyone on the offense looks with better coaching and a good quarterback.

Last year Chad Hansen had 100 yards receiving in a game when playing with Watson. This is the same Chad Hansen who was so bad he couldn't make the New York Jets 2018 roster.

I have full confidence that guys like Jamieson Crowder and Denzel Mims would be productive with Watson -- and we still have tons of picks and loads of cap room to address other issues.

Missing out on a franchise chaging QB is just silly.

How come the Texans won 4 games?

3 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

You say that like it's not big deal.  Two first round picks is a HUGE deal.  You win in this league with impact players.  of which the Jets currently have none.

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

There are a few people who keep saying this and I think they're way off the mark.

I think you'd be shocked how much better everyone on the offense looks with better coaching and a good quarterback.

Last year Chad Hansen had 100 yards receiving in a game when playing with Watson. This is the same Chad Hansen who was so bad he couldn't make the New York Jets 2018 roster.

I have full confidence that guys like Jamieson Crowder and Denzel Mims would be productive with Watson -- and we still have tons of picks and loads of cap room to address other issues.

Missing out on a franchise chaging QB is just silly.

Nope,.  The team is virtually talentless.  absolutely awful.  If your best and only good player is a slot receiver you're in a lot of trouble.

• Thumb Down 2

36 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You say that like it's not big deal.  Two first round picks is a HUGE deal.  You win in this league with impact players.  of which the Jets currently have none.

I never said it wasn't a big deal.

I'm saying it's the cost difference between a 3x NFL pro bowler @ quarterback versus a one-year-wonder BYU prospect.

39 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Are you referencing the 4 wins success?

That's double our win total last year! 

8 hours ago, genot said:

The Catch-22 is this....  The Jets would then have Watson (awesome!), but would have a defense that lost a great defender in the trade (from a defense that wasn't particularly great to begin with) and would have no high value picks to build around Watson on O or to replenish the D.  It would put the rebuild on pause and delay the Jets in building a competent roster, or it would force us to be what we all despise.... a team throwing money at free agents because we don't have enough Draft picks and we have a FQB whose clock is ticking to win a Super Bowl, so we try to load up without picks and bloat the payroll.

If the Jets do a trade like you suggest (multiple 1sts, multiple 2nds, a great defender) they would now sit with a top-heavy team at QB without playmakers on either side of the ball and with a fanbase expecting DeShaun Watson to carry them to the playoffs.  I think it would look much like Houston this year.  Watson threw for 4800 yards, 33 TDs, 7 INTs.

His team won 4 games.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

How come the Texans won 4 games?

we lost 6 games by 10 points or less. if we had a QB who threw 40 TDs instead of a guy who threw 9 TDs we could have won them. and we wont be alone. i expect a really good  WR FA to be signed too. last years team could have won 8 games. with Watson we would have.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

20 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Catch-22 is this....  The Jets would then have Watson (awesome!), but would have a defense that lost a great defender in the trade (from a defense that wasn't particularly great to begin with) and would have no high value picks to build around Watson on O or to replenish the D.  It would put the rebuild on pause and delay the Jets in building a competent roster, or it would force us to be what we all despise.... a team throwing money at free agents because we don't have enough Draft picks and we have a FQB whose clock is ticking to win a Super Bowl, so we try to load up without picks and bloat the payroll.

If the Jets do a trade like you suggest (multiple 1sts, multiple 2nds, a great defender) they would now sit with a top-heavy team at QB without playmakers on either side of the ball and with a fanbase expecting DeShaun Watson to carry them to the playoffs.  I think it would look much like Houston this year.  Watson threw for 4800 yards, 33 TDs, 7 INTs.

His team won 4 games.

Correct Mr Jetstream. All the posters dying for a QB change, should show a little patience. 2022 it will still be legal for us to draft a QB. Next year is looking like it could be a stronger QB class. Taking a TL out of the picture. A bunch on the level of a Wilson or a Fields.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

So adding a top 5 QB, 80mil in FA to grab a #1 WR, top guard, top corner, pass rusher, LB depth AND a first round pick, possibly 2 second round picks to add a center, another WR, LB depth, a running back - all in year one and that’s not enough? Also we’ll be adding Mosely How many spots are on a team? That team will compete for the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

So adding a top 5 QB, 80mil in FA to grab a #1 WR, top guard, top corner, pass rusher, LB depth AND a first round pick, possibly 2 second round picks to add a center, another WR, LB depth, a running back - all in year one and that’s not enough? Also we’ll be adding Mosely How many spots are on a team? That team will compete for the playoffs.

Zero chance of getting all that. Other teams will be picking up players as well. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, genot said:

Correct Mr Jetstream. All the posters dying for a QB change, should show a little patience. 2022 it will still be legal for us to draft a QB. Next year is looking like it could be a stronger QB class. Taking a TL out of the picture. A bunch on the level of a Wilson or a Fields.

but we have to be careful not to drink the kool aid. 

we are going to have the 2nd easiest schedule in 2021. similar to 2019 when Gase and Darnold won 7 games and Darnold looked the best hes been as a pro. if he stays we will probably get a repeat of that in 2021. then we will be saying that Saleh found the key to unlock Darnold. yeah!!!!! ...

wait!!

is it that or the schedule? i bet the schedule. but if we drink that kool aid we wont be drafting a QB in 2022 and most likely Sam will suck against mid level teams in 2022. we will have wasted 2 more years on Sam. 

we cant take that chance. we need a QB this year.

and they had Todd Mcshay on the Michael Kay Show the other day and he said next years QB class is not as good. i guess it depends on who you listen too.