A look at a few posts from the Texans board

Jetsfan80

2 hours ago, doitny said:

but we have to be careful not to drink the kool aid. 

we are going to have the 2nd easiest schedule in 2021. similar to 2019 when Gase and Darnold won 7 games and Darnold looked the best hes been as a pro. if he stays we will probably get a repeat of that in 2021. then we will be saying that Saleh found the key to unlock Darnold. yeah!!!!! ...

wait!!

is it that or the schedule? i bet the schedule. but if we drink that kool aid we wont be drafting a QB in 2022 and most likely Sam will suck against mid level teams in 2022. we will have wasted 2 more years on Sam. 

we cant take that chance. we need a QB this year.

and they had Todd Mcshay on the Michael Kay Show the other day and he said next years QB class is not as good. i guess it depends on who you listen too.

These people we have in place now are the real deal. They'll be running a proven system, not a Gase run predictable offense. If Darnold does well, maybe it's for all the reasons that have been talked about. Real coaching. Real talent.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, doitny said:

but we have to be careful not to drink the kool aid. 

we are going to have the 2nd easiest schedule in 2021. similar to 2019 when Gase and Darnold won 7 games and Darnold looked the best hes been as a pro. if he stays we will probably get a repeat of that in 2021. then we will be saying that Saleh found the key to unlock Darnold. yeah!!!!! ...

wait!!

is it that or the schedule? i bet the schedule. but if we drink that kool aid we wont be drafting a QB in 2022 and most likely Sam will suck against mid level teams in 2022. we will have wasted 2 more years on Sam. 

we cant take that chance. we need a QB this year.

and they had Todd Mcshay on the Michael Kay Show the other day and he said next years QB class is not as good. i guess it depends on who you listen too.

Same logic applies to drafting a QB ... if he does well, is he really any good or was it the schedule? Then if he regresses in Y2, and he turns out not to be "the one", have we wasted two years there as well?

You can only play the teams that are on your schedule. Strong teams from last year may regress / weak teams may improve.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Zero chance of getting all that. Other teams will be picking up players as well. 

Very few teams have solid cap space this year, that's what makes it a unique year in FA. We are one of 3 teams with a lot of cap space. There isn't just one player at each of those positions. We could easily grab one player from each position in FA and if we can't they can be drafted in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounds.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Very few teams have solid cap space this year, that's what makes it a unique year in FA. We are one of 3 teams with a lot of cap space. There isn't just one player at each of those positions. We could easily grab one player from each position in FA and if we can't they can be drafted in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Things have shifted just a bit recently.

The NFL worked with the Patriots to cook up a new set of books so they could join the top teams in terms of cap room.

Team Cap
Space
Effective Cap
Space 
ℹ️
# Active
Cap Spending
Dead
Money
Jaguars $77,514,963 $77,514,963 63 $123,383,344 $3,083,098
Colts $69,197,114 $69,197,114 64 $119,376,640 $237,143
Jets $68,725,814 $68,725,814 58 $123,533,656 $14,927,076
Patriots $62,778,756 $62,778,756 62 $136,427,431 $865,060

1 hour ago, sackdance said:

Oh what's three 1sts, a few 2nds, and a starter worth to a 2-14 team that's thin everywhere? Let's just trade the future for a disgruntled superstar QB. 

The Jets are not in a jam, the Texans are. We should remember that the Jets would have clear paths forward even if Watson was a happy camper in Houston. We don't need this. 

Relax. I agree with you. Mortgage building the team for anybody. No thanks. Just was talking about what his trade value could be. Hard to say. 25 yr old QB.Highly ranked, now on the market????????Who knows what a reasonable asking price would be.

• Upvote 1

On 2/15/2021 at 10:39 AM, nycdan said:

The NFL worked with the Patriots to cook up a new set of books so they could join the top teams in terms of cap room.

Team Cap
Space
Effective Cap
Space 
ℹ️
# Active
Cap Spending
Dead
Money

Now that Brady is gone, I see few of the top FA choosing NE. Hole at QB, dictatorial coach, little roster talent, bad drafting record and don’t open the wallet very often.

Same applies to Jets other than coaching.

• Upvote 2

On 1/20/2021 at 5:28 PM, Skeet Ulrich said:

Fun fact, the Jets have won their division 2 times since the merger(98/02). The Texans have won their division 4 of the last six years(including last year).

Which means what exactly? I guess they didn't have Brady and Belichick in their division.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2021 at 10:39 AM, nycdan said:

Team Cap
Space
Effective Cap
Space 
ℹ️
# Active
Cap Spending
Dead
Money

Gotta love that dead money number. And thats with keeping Mosley.

A+ Macc?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

@Maxman

One thing I found on the Texans board that I liked was that when someone quotes a post, it only shows the first paragraph of the quoted post. It collapses the quoted post after that.  It can be expanded if chosen. Saves a ton of space when scrolling down through messages. Perhaps in your next software update this could be an option. 

I like that a lot actually. I wish there was an option to autotruncate actually, at a set # of characters. We are upgrading soon I just paid a designer to update our forum theme to the new version. I don't think IPB has this option but I will look again, thanks for the suggestion.

• Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I like that a lot actually. I wish there was an option to autotruncate actually, at a set # of characters. We are upgrading soon I just paid a designer to update our forum theme to the new version. I don't think IPB has this option but I will look again, thanks for the suggestion.

cool !  ?

..and thank you ! !  ?

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Well you probably do an update every 18-24 months. If not this round then maybe next? We’re not going anywhere. We can name it the @Sperm Edwards collapsing uterus”He is the reason after all that I mentioned it. 
angry stop motion GIF by Headexplodie

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Sympathy 2

17 hours ago, Philc1 said:

“Top 3 QBs” don’t normally go 4-12

They do when their defense is ranked 478 out of 480 over the last 15 years. Actually the only other QBs to have >70% comp & 8.5 ypa were Young, Montana, and Brees - all of which won a SB that same season.

It should not be understated just how bad that Texans defense was.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

They do when their defense is ranked 478 out of 480 over the last 15 years. Actually the only other QBs to have >70% comp & 8.5 ypa were Young, Montana, and Brees - all of which won a SB that same season.

Did you actually watch the games last year? Watson got his stats largely in trash time throwing to a wide open Will Fuller going up against preven in the second half 

And I like Watson.  He’s a good player. Way better option than drafting either one of those busts to be Wilson and Fields but he’s not worth 3 first round picks + 

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

This has to be my favorite post so far!

I am pushing for 1.2 from Jets so as mentioned earlier I want Q. I don't take credit for bringing him to MB in trade as another beat me to it. I did say I wanted LT Mekhi Becton also. Keep in mind that I think at 1.3 Dolphins leaves us out of mix for QB unless another trade {down} [SF 49rs?] brings us one. I would take Tre Lance.

Best trades for 'elite top 3-5 QB' Deshaun Watson:

1.2 + 1.23 + 2.34 + Q Williams + Becton + 2022 round one

1.3 + 1.18 + 2.35 + 2.50 + Tua + CB Howard plus 2022 round one and round two

*Q Williams 3rd pick round one 2019 6'3 300 23 YOA Alabama 2023 5th year option
2020 : 47 tackles 8 sacks 2 forced fumbles 14 QB hits = could be our new JJ Watt.
cost: Jets eat $11 million dead and Texans pay him $.850; .965 next two seasons.

Christian Wilkins 13th pick round one 2019 6'4" 315 Clemson 2023 5th year option
2020: 5 passes defended 1 forced fumble with recovery 47 tackles 4 FL 3 QB hits
cost : Miami eats $4.6 m dead Texans pay $1.9m and 2.6 next two seasons.

Texans fans are going to sorely butt hurt if Deshaun actually gets traded and/or they think JD will pay that. They will be lucky to get half of that asking price lol. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

This has to be my favorite post so far!

I am pushing for 1.2 from Jets so as mentioned earlier I want Q. I don't take credit for bringing him to MB in trade as another beat me to it. I did say I wanted LT Mekhi Becton also. Keep in mind that I think at 1.3 Dolphins leaves us out of mix for QB unless another trade {down} [SF 49rs?] brings us one. I would take Tre Lance.

Best trades for 'elite top 3-5 QB' Deshaun Watson:

1.2 + 1.23 + 2.34 + Q Williams + Becton + 2022 round one

1.3 + 1.18 + 2.35 + 2.50 + Tua + CB Howard plus 2022 round one and round two

*Q Williams 3rd pick round one 2019 6'3 300 23 YOA Alabama 2023 5th year option
2020 : 47 tackles 8 sacks 2 forced fumbles 14 QB hits = could be our new JJ Watt.
cost: Jets eat $11 million dead and Texans pay him $.850; .965 next two seasons.

Christian Wilkins 13th pick round one 2019 6'4" 315 Clemson 2023 5th year option
2020: 5 passes defended 1 forced fumble with recovery 47 tackles 4 FL 3 QB hits
cost : Miami eats $4.6 m dead Texans pay $1.9m and 2.6 next two seasons.

Austin Powers No GIF

• Upvote 1

On 2/18/2021 at 2:09 AM, Philc1 said:

Did you actually watch the games last year? Watson got his stats largely in trash time throwing to a wide open Will Fuller going up against preven in the second half 

And I like Watson.  He’s a good player. Way better option than drafting either one of those busts to be Wilson and Fields but he’s not worth 3 first round picks + 

That is a gross exaggeration Phil.  Come on!

• Post of the Week 1

On 2/17/2021 at 11:11 PM, bla bla bla said:

If points against count the Texans had some top 10D teams in the last 10-12 years

15 hours ago, JTJet said:

Texans fans are going to sorely butt hurt if Deshaun actually gets traded and/or they think JD will pay that. They will be lucky to get half of that asking price lol. 

I’ve been engaging the Texans fans since Friday. They’re slowly coming to the realization that four #1 picks will not be happening. They’re thinking Two #1’s & Two #2’s + player is best they’ll get. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

I’ve been engaging the Texans fans since Friday. They’re slowly coming to the realization that four #1 picks will not be happening. They’re thinking Two #1’s & Two #2’s + player is best they’ll get. 

1.2 + 2.34 + our first next year + our second next year + Maye. Could get myself excited over that for sure 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

And they wont even get that lol. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BoogSportsGuy said:

1.2 + 2.34 + our first next year + our second next year + Maye. Could get myself excited over that for sure 

Still too high.

2 plus 1.23 plus lower of Jets/Seahawks pick next year plus whatever other picks Seattle gave us.

So basically 2 plus Adams.  

• Upvote 3

1.2 this year

our first next year

and that’s it- take it or leave it Texans.

im feeling more comfortable in the catbird seat sitting tight where we’re at. I’d love Watson but I’d also love Zach and bunch of picks and cap space as well.

it’s a perfect storm right now for JD with all these picks and all the cap cuts. It’s a once a century storm and he can rebuild 90% of this team in the next 2 months. I want him to fkn nail this.

• Post of the Week 2

On 2/15/2021 at 9:55 AM, sackdance said:

Oh what's three 1sts, a few 2nds, and a starter worth to a 2-14 team that's thin everywhere? Let's just trade the future for a disgruntled superstar QB. 

The Jets are not in a jam, the Texans are. We should remember that the Jets would have clear paths forward even if Watson was a happy camper in Houston. We don't need this. 

You’ll like this post from a Texans fan! This guy gets it. He also loved the old Jet uniforms. Said they were his favorite of all uniforms 

OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan

2021 Building Block 1 / Go Texans
The Jets would be better off building a team around Darnold or drafting Wilson than bringing that offer to Caserio's doorstep. You just don't get a "Franchise QB1" for nothing....remember, OB isn't here to orchestrate any unfavorable deals for Texans top tier talent.

I think the bigger concern for the Jets would be Miami putting together the right package to land Watson b/c they are seriously a "Franchise QB1" from being every bit as good as the Bills. This could leave the Jets and Patriots on the outside looking in for the next 2-3 seasons or until those draft assets start giving return on investment.....if those investments sink, it could be a solid 4-6 years before they could compete within the division.