DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

54 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is the best thing that could happen to the Texans.

A lousy 4 win team going no where with bad talent and no picks are going to be able to get a massive haul and start over.

Watson did them a favor.  Not just pick wise but pr wise.  He forced his way out, they did not want to trade him.

They will be much better off two years from now than they are now.

Wow.  Just....wow.

Have you looked at the Texans history, 2002-present?  Deshaun Watson was the best thing to happen to that franchise in its history.  You couldn't be more wrong on this subject if you tried.  It's really quite impressive.

14 minutes ago, JetsRevival said:

Name all of the long term winning franchises who didn't have long term franchise QB's.  I'll wait

Here is the issue.  To many in here there is Deshaun Watson and no other Qb in the world.

Josh Allen

Patrick Mahommes

Watson himself

Justin Herbert

Add  in lamar jacksoms kyler murrays

Trading up to get mahommes by a team already well built cost a late 1st rounder

In this instance people want to sell the farm to get the franchise Qb, who just won 4 game last year.  Just signed a big extension and then promptly demanded a trade.

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I was speaking moreso in the sense that you still need a team around Mahomes to win. Say a team gives up 10+ 1st round picks and/or more to get him, how are you properly building around him? Especially if he got traded to a bad team?

It's kind of a "figure it out as you go" kind of deal.  A team that gives up 10 firsts for Mahomes would probably need to start by trading away a few other pieces for picks.  Perhaps some guys who wouldn't be quite as important now that Mahomes is there (like non-premium position defensive players).  It wouldn't be easy but it would be very possible to still build a perennial contender around him.

And on the plus side, this same bad team that couldn't attract FA's suddenly would be able to get some good ones in there.  That wouldn't have happened otherwise.

45 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

That still doesn't account for the 7 INTs.

The other problem is, when your QB is Sam Darnold, garbage time starts well before the half.  Making it to the 4th quarter would be an improvement.

And it still takes a good QB to take advantage of some "garbage time".  With all the garbage time Darnold has participated in, its pretty pathetic that he's only managed four 300+ yard games in his entire career.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

McShay should honestly be disqualified from ever sharing an opinion in this sport again. Honestly it’s f*cking embarrassing that this guy does this for a living. 

No one who’s watched even half the games these men have played in the last 3 years would come out with such an absolutely asinine comment. 

In terms of starting QB’s - One is top 5, the other bottom 5. And it’s kind in Darnold to only say 5.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wow.  Just....wow.

Have you looked at the Texans history, 2002-present?  Deshaun Watson was the best thing to happen to that franchise in its history.  You couldn't be more wrong on this subject if you tried.  It's really quite impressive.

All I remember is David Carr getting absolutely obliterated every week.  Maybe the worst O line in league history caused his quick exit from the NFL, PSTD and nearly got him killed.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Where we agree - talent will absolutely attract talent. This is why my plan A is Watson.

But most of the rest of your post is about Darnold and whether he'll turn it around or not.

Most of my post was about the rest of the team; the needs elsewhere across the roster.

Where I disagree with you, and many other posters on this board, is that we have to make the quarterback decision this year. 

Being fine with rollin' it back with 'ginger-mechanical-error' isn't an endorsement of his abilities as much as it is the realization that our offensive line sucks, our corners suck, we have no true edge rusher, we're transitioning to a 4-3 with no 4-3 OLB's on the roster, our running back room is 'meh' AF and our receiving weapons are, lets be charitable, "not dynamic". 

You change the head of the monster when its available. Most important piece. When you can get it.. you get it. It won't always be an option. Look at us.. haven't had a real QB in forever.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

You change the head of the monster when its available. Most important piece. When you can get it.. you get it. It won't always be an option. Look at us.. haven't had a real QB in forever.

Sir...SIR.  Everyone knows the proper way to build a team is to collect approximately 12 Pro Bowlers at non-QB positions, then pluck a QB off the QB tree only when you're absolutely SURE you're ready.  Otherwise it all becomes one giant WASTE.

This guy.  Doesn't even know how teams are built.  Sheesh.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I think the Texans at this point want to trade Deshaun.  They have a new management structure in place with no first round picks and a close to the cap.  The QB doesn't want to play there.  They will be getting a shtload of different offers.  The franchise has done nothing that makes sense for over 3 years now.  Keeping their franchise QB should be a no brainer, but Cassario, Easterby, and Cal Jr don't seem to care what the general public thinks or how to make a collective good decision.  I think the number 2 pick in the draft and additional picks will be enough to get Mr. Watson and the Jets are in the best position to get him.  Things are turning for us.  Get used to good things like Douglas, Saleh, and Watson.  (This is part of my New Years resolution to think positive btw).  

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

Well there's we disagree.

I'm not just picking for need. Each prospect is different and the evaluation matters more than the position. I'm just a fan, but I'm not sold on Wilson and Fields. 

And that being the case, on a team with needs at so many other positions, I'm good to punt on that position until next year - Watson trade aside, of course. 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sir...SIR.  Everyone knows the proper way to build a team is to collect approximately 12 Pro Bowlers at non-QB positions, then pluck a QB off the QB tree only when you're absolutely SURE you're ready.  Otherwise it all becomes one giant WASTE.

This guy.  Doesn't even know how teams are built.  Sheesh.  

Noob! You forgot that the 12 pro bowlers have to be homegrown.. chosen out of the draft. Preferably they came in rounds after 5. Draft. Profit. Win. Championships. 

Its amazing how people hold onto that 'we gotta do it slooow over a decade and has to be from drafting and we cannot pay to get already established great players! We can't do it! Spending the owners money is bad!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Well there's we disagree.

I'm not just picking for need. Each prospect is different and the evaluation matters more than the position. I'm just a fan, but I'm not sold on Wilson and Fields. 

And that being the case, on a team with needs at so many other positions, I'm good to punt on that position until next year - Watson trade aside, of course. 

Classic.. and hilarious. So.. in summation.. you're pro Sam Darnold back.. and not so much Watson, Wilson, or Fields? Got it. LOL.

Season 1 Paolo GIF by Friends

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Why did Michael Kay say that Rich Cimini said we are FOURTH on Watson's list and that Schefter said not to get your hopes up about Watson joining the Jets?? WHY??? WHY??????????

I mean, if the teams that are 1-3 on the list can't put up something close to the package of picks the Jets can, it's not so important where the Jets are Watson's list.  

All that matters is this:  Would he waive his no-trade clause to come to the Jets?  If the answer is yes, we have our answer on whether its possible for him to end up here.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, if the teams that are 1-3 on the list can't put up something close to the package of picks the Jets can, it's not so important where the Jets are Watson's list.  

All that matters is this:  Would he waive his no-trade clause to come to the Jets?  If the answer is yes, we have our answer on whether its possible for him to end up here.

I am feeling like a petulant child and am about to declare Watson garbage too. Don't make me do it, Watson. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, pointman said:

Why did Michael Kay say that Rich Cimini said we are FOURTH on Watson's list and that Schefter said not to get your hopes up about Watson joining the Jets?? WHY??? WHY??????????

Cimini and Kay don't know anything. They're trolling. 

The reason that Schefter says not to get our hopes up is because the Texans (1) are most likely not going to trade him; and (2) if they get to the point where they are forced to trade him, it will be to a team in the NFC* unless the Jets/Dolphins offer sooo much that the Texans can't say no, and neither team is desperate enough to make those offers. 

The whole

“Why would Deshaun want to come to the Jets is what I’m having g trouble with.

He has the “no trade” clause ... so he has to be cool with what team he goes to.

all I can see as selling points we have to him are:

1 - we aren’t the Texans

2 - he might really like/respect Saleh

(I can’t imagine any other reason why he’s choose to come here)

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, ljr said:

The whole

He has the “no trade” clause ... so he has to be cool with what team he goes to.

1 - we aren’t the Texans

2nd most cap space in the league + lots of draft picks even after a trade for Watson.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

Because no one actually knows? Why would the Miami reporter say the Jets are the top of his list?  Why would Michael Kay also say that he was told that Watsons media manager is pushing him to Ny?  Why would Shannon Sharpe, Richard Sherman and ochocinco tell him and say he wants to goto the Jets?

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, ljr said:

The whole

1 - we aren’t the Texans

Sorry you feel that way. Hand in your fan card on your way out.. OF THE TRI STATE AREA!! YOU SELL OUT TURNCOAT!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ljr said:

The whole

1 - we aren’t the Texans

Crap O line.  Crap receivers.  Mega crap TE.  Crap secondary.   Other than that, we're....ah....semi-equally sucky?

• Haha 1

Just now, heymangold said:

Because no one actually knows? Why would the Miami reporter say the Jets are the top of his list?  Why would Michael Kay also say that he was told that Watsons media manager is pushing him to Ny?  Why would Shannon Sharpe, Richard Sherman and ochocinco tell him and say he wants to goto the Jets?

You have alleviated my pain a bit. Thank you. Please return in about 15 minutes when my blood begins to boil again. Thank you.

• Haha 1