DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I'm pro Watson trade.

I've posted that numerous times in this thread and in replies to you?

Sam Darnold as a backup plan is getting you shown the door. Sam Darnold shouldn't be allowed to touch the balls for this organization in any capacity.. in the showers or as a ball boy even. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, football guy said:

Cimini and Kay don't know anything. They're trolling. 

The reason that Schefter says not to get our hopes up is because the Texans (1) are most likely not going to trade him; and (2) if they get to the point where they are forced to trade him, it will be to a team in the NFL unless the Jets/Dolphins offer sooo much that the Texans can't say no, and neither team is desperate enough to make those offers. 

Just who do you think you're calling not desperate enough? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, football guy said:

The reason that Schefter says not to get our hopes up is because the Texans (1) are most likely not going to trade him; and (2) if they get to the point where they are forced to trade him, it will be to a team in the NFL unless the Jets/Dolphins offer sooo much that the Texans can't say no, and neither team is desperate enough to make those offers. 

Kay LOL 

Schefter if he doesn't break the story he gets salty on others reported news. 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

If he allegedly asked for a trade weeks ago, but it’s just leaking today, i think you’re right. Only reason to leak it is if the Texans told his camp that it’s not happening 

2 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

If he allegedly asked for a trade weeks ago, but it’s just leaking today, i think you’re right. Only reason to leak it is if the Texans told his camp that it’s not happening 

Each side playing the chess pieces that they have.  This will get ugly.  Even uglier than its been already.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They would have to offer mccaffrey as part of it I would imagine or bridgewater who has a high cap hit

McCaffrey's contract makes him practically un-tradable, for either side.  And why would Watson want to come to the Panthers while they're shipping one of the game's best weapons out to get him?

The Texans can't afford to take on any big contracts.  They're $18M over the cap as it is, with limited cap relief coming their way by trading Watson.  Picks, picks, picks is all that they'll want.  If anything, the Texans will be trying to trade away additional player(s), such as eventual cap casualty Whitney Mercilus.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

His reps are trying to force him out of town. Deshaun didn't like what he heard from coaching candidates they reached out to. Guys like Saleh, who said they wouldn't even interview with them if asked. That opened Deshaun's eyes how bad it was down there, and validated his feelings that the Texans didn't know what they were doing. It gave him a reason to justify wanting to get the hell out of dodge but that wasn't enough, because he didn't want to hurt the community, hurt his teammates, hurt the coaches, so of course it was ownership/Easterby. When they hired the candidate who they knew all along was the top candidate for the past 2 years, they pointed to the chaotic process as a means to want out (made it clear it wasn't Cesario himself). David concocted an elaborate plan that Deshaun was going to win over public perception by blaming his desire to leave on social injustice, on the dysfunction of the organization, on a fractured relationship with ownership, all while the real reason was to get the hell out of dodge because he doesn't want to end up like the next Stafford; great QB on a losing team. 

So they've been using the media to spread these narratives, and the Texans have been paying attention. They've tried reaching out and he won't return their calls. Cesario's tried reaching out and they haven't had a discussion. Deshaun asked for a trade and he was told no. So now it's a matter of trying to play a theatrics game and make it look so bad/drum up so much interest that they hope teams call, make offers, and change the Texans minds. 

None of their hires suggest they're moving on from him. They're hiring some of the most respected young minority coaches the game has to offer. Coaches that they know have developed relationships with him, that have relationships with his reps. They're hiring culture builders. All the while they deny his trade requests. At some point, Deshaun will have to make a decision: continue to ignore them and not report , or go in and have a conversation with attempts to clear the air. I'm betting on the latter, albeit begrudgingly, but eventually it will iron out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I also don’t know how the panthers will do it / they only have 7m in cap space, to bring on Watson might be a difficult task.

Yeah, not too many easy ways for Carolina to generate space.  They have a ton of bottom-of-the-roster guys (about 25) that constitute a total of about $20-23M in total space.  But at the top of the roster, these are their "best" cut/trade options:

• QB Teddy Bridgewater --> a trade frees ups $13M, but they'd also suffer a $10M dead cap hit.  Cutting him is not an option.
  • DT Kawann Short --> trading/cutting Short would free up $8.6M, but they'd also get an $11M dead cap hit
  • WR Robby Anderson --> trading/cutting Anderson would free up $8M in space, with a $4M dead cap hit
  • EDGE Stephen Weatherly --> Had a disappointing season for Carolina, can be cut to save $5.9M 
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, not too many easy ways for Carolina to generate space.  They have a ton of bottom-of-the-roster guys (about 25) that constitute a total of about $20-23M in total space.  But at the top of the roster, these are their "best" cut/trade options:

• QB Teddy Bridgewater --> a trade frees ups $13M, but they'd also suffer a $10M dead cap hit
  • DT Kawann Short --> trading/cutting Short would free up $8.6M, but they'd also get an $11M dead cap hit
  • WR Robby Anderson --> trading/cutting Anderson would free up $8M in space, with a $4M dead cap hit
  • EDGE Stephen Weatherly --> Had a disappointing season for Carolina, can be cut to save $5.9M 

Bring Robby home!!!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• QB Teddy Bridgewater --> a trade frees ups $13M, but they'd also suffer a $10M dead cap hit.  Cutting him is not an option.

It’s literally Jets or nothing.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

image.thumb.png.4f8d76f6a32a933c72606442bfe702f9.png

Pressure is always good in this situation.

We can’t say for sure that we’re in on Watson, but we’re definitely the team (along with Miami) who can make it appealing for the Texans.

Theres no benefit for them leaving Watson out, they’ll get the No.2 off the Jets and probably a few other prices snd maybe Darnold. They can rebuild there ans then and not have unhappy players.

Im getting excited but literally all we know is he’s asked to be traded, and he may like the Jets, and we can afford him.

Would love to be in JDs mind.

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They would have to offer mccaffrey as part of it I would imagine or bridgewater who has a high cap hit

I don't think they can move McCaffrey.   He just signed a huge extension, the cap hit would be severe.

Teddy B also has a lot of guaranteed money, unless he was part of the deal going back.   I don't know how guaranteed counts vs signing bonus money.

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

there are plenty of options for them. the dolphins can offer them a pretty nice deal if they wanted to

Then let them.  When we take Zach Wilson and they’re stuck with Fields or a tackle their fans will scream bloody murder that they didn’t trade Watson to a team that can get the QB they want.  

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Then let them.  When we take Zach Wilson and they’re stuck with Fields or a tackle their fans will scream bloody murder that they didn’t trade Watson to a team that can get the QB they want.  

SAR I

Hey SORE I who’s your “guarantee” pick for the SB?  I need to know who not to bet on.

53FCB7ED-159E-4A8C-B047-8A6C4B2111D8.jpeg

1 hour ago, football guy said:

His reps are trying to force him out of town. Deshaun didn't like what he heard from coaching candidates they reached out to. Guys like Saleh, who said they wouldn't even interview with them if asked. That opened Deshaun's eyes how bad it was down there, and validated his feelings that the Texans didn't know what they were doing. It gave him a reason to justify wanting to get the hell out of dodge but that wasn't enough, because he didn't want to hurt the community, hurt his teammates, hurt the coaches, so of course it was ownership/Easterby. When they hired the candidate who they knew all along was the top candidate for the past 2 years, they pointed to the chaotic process as a means to want out (made it clear it wasn't Cesario himself). David concocted an elaborate plan that Deshaun was going to win over public perception by blaming his desire to leave on social injustice, on the dysfunction of the organization, on a fractured relationship with ownership, all while the real reason was to get the hell out of dodge because he doesn't want to end up like the next Stafford; great QB on a losing team. 

So they've been using the media to spread these narratives, and the Texans have been paying attention. They've tried reaching out and he won't return their calls. Cesario's tried reaching out and they haven't had a discussion. Deshaun asked for a trade and he was told no. So now it's a matter of trying to play a theatrics game and make it look so bad/drum up so much interest that they hope teams call, make offers, and change the Texans minds. 

None of their hires suggest they're moving on from him. They're hiring some of the most respected young minority coaches the game has to offer. Coaches that they know have developed relationships with him, that have relationships with his reps. They're hiring culture builders. All the while they deny his trade requests. At some point, Deshaun will have to make a decision: continue to ignore them and not report , or go in and have a conversation with attempts to clear the air. I'm betting on the latter, albeit begrudgingly, but eventually it will iron out. 

You could spend all day telling this group that the Watson situation is a slow burn and unlikely to bear fruit for the Jets... and they’d still throw a tea party to celebrate their Un-birthdays

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

You could spend all day telling this horde of jackals that the Watson situation is a slow burn and unlikely to bear fruit for the Jets... and they’d still throw a tea to celebrate their Un-birthdays

Maybe, maybe not. As it stands right now, Watson did request a trade and the Jets are in that mix to get him. We'll see what ultimately happens.