Tony Pauline:Fields falling down draft boards. No NFL team has Wilson higher than Lawrence.

GreekJet

2 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Teams are terrified that Fields was a beneficiary of a very good o-line that allowed him all day to hold the ball and throw it.

On the Jets he'd get half the amount of time before the pass rush got there.  Wouldn't work IMO.

I'd take Wilson over Fields, and I'd use the #2 overall pick on Wilson.

So the oline will magically work better for Wilson . 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Jets Things said:

Shouldn't you have Mayfield in front of Darnold for that comparison? Just saying. 

No. I think you're missing the point. It's meant to be an either/or between the supposed top 2... and in every case the 3rd QB ended up being the better QB.

12 hours ago, flgreen said:

Why is it a good idea for him to hurdle people with his frame and injury history? Yeah, it looks cool, but I remember how much the media made a big deal in 2009 of Sanchez learning how to slide. I'd prefer to see him slide or run out of bounds like Russell Wilson. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No. I think you're missing the point. It's meant to be an either/or between the supposed top 2... and in every case the 3rd QB ended up being the better QB.

No, I get that. You had them in draft order (Eli before Rivers, Trubisky before Watson) until you got to Darnold and Baker and the lack of continuity bothered me. 

Whats great about all these threads and reporter comments about players rising or sliding is that there isnt a single team in the NFL who has their board done, let alone their QB work done if they are picking in the top 10.  They havent met these players, havent measured them and for a team like the jets with a new staff, likely have not even have completed the film work on the QBs.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Pauline seems to be dialed in...at least with the Jets. Albright makes stuff up.

Tony is dialed in, but even he isn't perfect. I remember asking him 1 hour before the 2011 draft if I should bet $$$ on Marcel Dareus going 1st overall. He told me yes .... and Dareus went 3rd. 

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Eli or Rivers. Big Ben was the best.

Trubisky or Deshaun. Mahomes was the best.

Darnold or Mayfield. Allen is the best.

Fields as the 3rd QB taken could be a surprise.

So "they're saying" Trevor Lawrence or Zach Wilson? Doesn't seem right. 

How the heck did we get here after Fields just finished tea bagging Clemson before and after he was speared?

27 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Love the talent hate the square hit he took on the run up the middle.  

Huge game to go the the Championship and playing versus the guy you are trying to overtake as #1.  He played like Superman and thought he can run through kryptonite. 

They can teach him to slide more in the NFL but for the most part he doesn't look to run over defenders.  

I’m sure there are going to be a lot of predictions coming in the next few weeks.  There may be other QBs movements that will further limit the market for the QBs in the draft.  And there’s always a chance Jacksonville moves the 1 pick or doesn’t even choose Lawrence.  Didn’t gentleman pick Barkley over darnold/Allen/ Rosen?  It happens.

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

FWIIW either @football guy or @Mogglez said at one point that their sources said the Jets would be more likely to select Fields than Wilson if Darnold were traded. 

Mogglez said this, but that was a while ago and I'm sure things may have changed. He said he believed Wilson would impress teams in interviews.

Edit: found it 

On 12/24/2020 at 2:08 AM, Mogglez said:

I was also told that Zach Wilson is likely a long shot to be the selection (as of today) and Douglas, if he goes QB, is more likely to go Fields. The team is high on Justin.  There is, obviously, still a ton of work to be done however. Personally, I still think there’s a shot for Wilson because I believe he is going to absolutely impress with on the whiteboard and in interviews, something JD weighs heavily.  Obviously, it’s December.  Things can change drastically as the pre-draft process plays out.  

3 minutes ago, King P said:

Mogglez said this, but that was a while ago and I'm sure things may have changed. He said he believed Wilson would impress teams in interviews.

Edit: found it 

Got it. I've been pretty consistent from the jump that I think Fields is the 4th QB in the class. Only reason why I could see him going higher is because Atlanta can take him and develop him and Fields has a lot more PR magic than Lance does 

15 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is comical.

Nobody and I mean nobody has been attacked more than Wilson.  What's happening to Wilson is not even close to what's happening to fields.

It is absolutely hysterical you think your neutral on this topic when you post a total load of sh*t like this, no offense. 

Wilson is being touted as the clear cut #2 and suddenly being argued as really maybe the QB 1.   Meanwhile, you're posting in a thread talking about how Justin Fields is dropping and posters saying he's not even a worthy of a 1st round pick.

You are ass backward on this topic, 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

It is absolutely hysterical you think your neutral on this topic when you post a total load of sh*t like this, no offense. 

Wilson is being touted as the clear cut #2 and suddenly being argued as really maybe the QB 1.   Meanwhile, you're posting in a thread talking about how Justin Fields is dropping and posters saying he's not even a worthy of a 1st round pick.

You are ass backward on this topic, 

I think the difference is Fields is being questioned for his skill-set on the football field, mainly be experts.  

While Wilson is being attacked from all angles for mostly things unrelated to football, for whatever reason there are just an overwhelming amount of people (outside of the experts) that simply don't want to accept that Wilson is a high level prospect.

So instead of going after him with legitimate arguments it's everything else but.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think the difference is Fields is being questioned for his skill-set on the football field, mainly be experts.  

While Wilson is being attacked from all angles for mostly things unrelated to football, for whatever reason there are just an overwhelming amount of people (outside of the experts) that simply don't want to accept that Wilson is a high level prospect.

So instead of going after him with legitimate arguments it's everything else but.

wilson is going to be an epic bust at this level. he will be injured within half a season. if we draft him he will set this franchise back

• Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That would be false. There is a nice thread in the draft forum on Wilson's football related issues.  

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's called profiling.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

wilson is going to be an epic bust at this level. he will be injured within half a season. if we draft him he will set this franchise back

This is precisely the type of post I'm talking about.

There is nothing to support this other than your desire for him not to be good.

42 minutes ago, maury77 said:

That would be false. There is a nice thread in the draft forum on Wilson's football related issues.  

Seriously, have your read this board?

I've listed the nonsense so many times I'm just not going to do it again.

He's a high quality prospect - but virtually every expert - other than on JN where pretty much everyone refuse to even acknowledge him as legitimate.

I can only think of one reason for that.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Seriously, have your read this board?

I've listed the nonsense so many times I'm just not going to do it again.

He's a high quality prospect - but virtually every expert - other than on JN where pretty much everyone refuse to even acknowledge him as legitimate.

I can only think of one reason for that.

I don't give a flying f*ck about the character assasination stuff on Wilson, but I've watched his film and I can articulate what my criticisms are. The day you are ready to break down film and chat, let me know. Until then, continue to cherry pick the opinions of others to support your Wilson agenda. 

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is precisely the type of post I'm talking about.

There is nothing to support this other than your desire for him not to be good.

except he has already been hurt and had surgeries and he is built like a female runway model. i don't want him to not be good, i truly believe he will be a bust and be constantly injured

labrum injuries on both shoulders that needed surgical repair already? count me out on that, especially with his build. he is a walking injury waiting to happen at this level. not interested in watching a pennington situation all over again. trade down or draft the future all-pro tackle

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I don't give a flying f*ck about the character assasination stuff on Wilson, but I've watched his film and I can articulate what my criticisms are. The day you are ready to break down film and chat, let me know. Until then, continue to cherry pick the opinions of others to support your Wilson agenda. 

I've watched every throw the kid made this season.

I'm happy to break down film with you..  I've listed my thoughts many times here as well.  What I like about him, what I don't. 

Happy to debate any time you want.  The problem is it's become impossible to have a legitimate discussion on JN right now. 

Maybe you don't give a flying **** - but I'm not cherry picking.  BY FAR the majority of the discussion of Wilson is the non-sense.  I would have to cherry pick to find any legitimate concerns of his skill-set.

There are FAR more posts where people claim they can't root for him because he looks like a girl - than people questioning his skill-set.

4 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

except he has already been hurt and had surgeries and he is built like a female runway model. i don't want him to not be good, i truly believe he will be a bust and be constantly injured

He was injured in High School - had elective surgery after his freshman year.....didn't miss a practice due to it, let alone a game.

As a three year starter he missed a total of THREE games due to a thumb injury.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah sure dude, "slow processor" has to do with what happens on the field, right?  Despite all the film that shows how absolutely moronic of a take that is?  Despite the fact he has an Ivy league brain, it's his slow processing that comes out on tape when you watch him drop 6 TD passes in a playoff game vs. the daunted Clemson Tigers.  He slowly processed his way to making Trevor Lawrence look like a whiny little mopey bitch who looked like half the prospect compared to Fields? 

lol - dude, come' on.  Wilson is being argued as the QB 1, yet in comparison to both TL and Fields....he's much smaller, 100x worse athlete, he has 1 year of good tape, 2 years of miserable tape, he's injury prone and he played nobodies on an Independent team where they were 10x better then anyone they played.  

But yes, Wilson is being attacked for off the field stuff as he shoots up the draft board and Fields is being judge for what he did on the field as he drops down the draft board.

okie dokie

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1