***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

11 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Which of the firings was a mistake?

Always felt Rex and Tanny should have gone out together. Either give Tanny and Rex one more year together in 2013 or fire them both when Tanny was fired. 

Also thought Mangini had a chance to be a good coach but i understand why he was fired. Every other firing was overdue 

Just now, sciond said:

really so you think this team has not gotten better in 3 years?

I care about real results and winning, not jerking eachother off in the summer about paper results and how  "this is gonna be the year."

We are staring down the barrel over what will certainly be another losing season. There is no universe where that is acceptable.

How many years of losing does a GM have to produce before you call him a loser?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

51 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Joe Douglas drafted Zach Wilson 2nd overall. He is easily the worst draft pick in franchise history.

But worse than drafting him, was not moving on from him this off-season. The kid is a practice squad talent at best. And we keep trotting him out there on Sundays like he belongs. 

If JD really believes that ZW can be salvaged he is dumber than I thought. And should be fired.

If the jets go 6-11, which they will, what would our record under joe douglas be?

45 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I care about real results and winning, not jerking eachother off in the summer about paper results and how  "this is gonna be the year."

We are staring down the barrel over what will certainly be another losing season. There is no universe where that is acceptable.

How many years of losing does a GM have to produce before you call him a loser?

This is why they have had a hard time attracting top talent...

fans have zero patience for a long term plan

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, sciond said:

This is why they have had a hard time attracting top talent...

fans have zero patience for a long term plan

He has been the GM for 5 years. Next season his contract is over. He's had more time than Macc and Idzik with a worse record than both.

Literally across the league teams are rebuilding in less time.

There is no such thing as a long term plan when you're trading away future assets for a 40 year old QB.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Lots of level-headed and reasonable takes in this thread. 

Also lol at the dude saying “he’s had 5 years”. Tell me you want to argue in bad faith without telling me. Dude just had his 4th draft. You know, the rookie class that are 2 weeks into their careers(incoming McDonald is already a bust, right?). And HIS coach is 2 weeks into his 3rd season. 

…but he’s had “5 years”.  He took a swing on a HOF QB. It didn’t work out, this year at least. Year is still far from over though. Barring an epic failure this year(worse record than last year), JD ain’t going nowhere. Tbh I doubt he’ll go anywhere even if we do have a worse record than last year. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Lots of level-headed and reasonable takes in this thread. 

Also lol at the dude saying “he’s had 5 years”. Tell me you want to argue in bad faith without telling me. Dude just had his 4th draft. You know, the rookie class that are 2 weeks into their careers(incoming McDonald is already a bust, right?). And HIS coach is 2 weeks into his 3rd season. 

…but he’s had “5 years”.  He took a swing on a HOF QB. It didn’t work out, this year at least. Year is still far from over though. Barring an epic failure this year(worse record than last year), JD ain’t going nowhere. Tbh I doubt he’ll go anywhere even if we do have a worse record than last year. 

It's his 5th season as GM. We are in his 5th year as GM.

Love the projecting about bad faith while you hang onto and play semantics about a year.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

46 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I have never seen a GM with so little tangible success get defended so much. He is the only Jet GM in recent history to not have a winning season this many seasons in. 

It’s getting weird at this point. The compromise is to not “fire” him but just let him finish his contract without an extension. There’s no guarantee AR will come back or even be good after this injury and most were expecting 2 years out of him anyways.

They should just see what happens next year and don’t extend him unless this team goes to the Super Bowl or reaches some lofty goal. Then you can resign to a short deal (3 years?) or cut bait with both very easily. Enough already with the failures. 

7 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

It's his 5th season as GM. We are in his 5th year as GM.

Love the projecting about bad faith while you hang onto and play semantics about a year.

Dude you literally said "he's been GM for 5 years".  It's clear what you're doing, and it's sad.  

Even if he had 5 years under his belt....we lost one game.  Relax.  It'll be OK.  

Dude you literally said "he's been GM for 5 years".  It's clear what you're doing, and it's sad.  

Even if he had 5 years under his belt....we lost one game.  Relax.  It'll be OK.  

-We have no QB 

-Our defense is super overrated (Which is supposed to be our HCs specialty)

-We have a terrible O-Line (which is supposed to be our GMS specialty)

-we have the worst QB in the nfl starting, who the team clearly hates (who the GM drafted) 

And it will be fine?

i swear this meme is you JD truthers to the core: 

This Is Fine GIF

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Actually, we've gone 21-47 under JD.

If you want to take away his time with goggle-eyes, he's still 12-24.

What are you basing your "it'll be ok" on exactly?  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

-We have no QB 

-Our defense is super overrated (Which is supposed to be our HCs specialty)

-We have a terrible O-Line (which is supposed to be our GMS specialty)

-we have the worst QB in the nfl starting, who the team clearly hates (who the GM drafted) 

And it will be fine?

i swear this meme is you JD truthers to the core: 

This Is Fine GIF

Yeah we have no QB.  Ours got hurt.  Unfortunate, but it happens.  Should KC's GM get fired if Mahomes goes down?  Go ahead and bring up "his OL protects him" - dude gets demolished every game.  We got unlucky and our QB went down, now we have to live with our backup.  

"Our defense is super overrated" because they had one bad game?  Jesus Chris man lol.   "Super" overrated.  Great take.  

Can't argue with the OL, at least til this point.  Brown wasn't expected to fall off a cliff like this, but he has.  He won't be in the lineup long if this keeps up.  What are you gonna do though.  Guy had to rebuild a team from the ground up in 4 drafts to this point.  Anyone expecting this to be a perfect roster at this point just don't know how this sh*t works.  

Just be honest though man - you want JD fired because he drafted Zach.  We get it.  You guys have been singing this same tune for a long time now, and we're gonna hear about it after every loss.  Screw whatever else he's done, Zach = you should be fired...right?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Yeah we have no QB.  Ours got hurt.  Unfortunate, but it happens.  Should KC's GM get fired if Mahomes goes down?  Go ahead and bring up "his OL protects him" - dude gets demolished every game.  We got unlucky and our QB went down, now we have to live with our backup.  

"Our defense is super overrated" because they had one bad game?  Jesus Chris man lol.   "Super" overrated.  Great take.  

Can't argue with the OL, at least til this point.  Brown wasn't expected to fall off a cliff like this, but he has.  He won't be in the lineup long if this keeps up.  What are you gonna do though.  Guy had to rebuild a team from the ground up in 4 drafts to this point.  Anyone expecting this to be a perfect roster at this point just don't know how this sh*t works.  

Just be honest though man - you want JD fired because he drafted Zach.  We get it.  You guys have been singing this same tune for a long time now, and we're gonna hear about it after every loss.  Screw whatever else he's done, Zach = you should be fired...right?

So we go 6-11 this year (which we will), you are ok with Joe Douglas's record as GM as 26-57?

I would go out on a limb and say never in NFL history has a GM with that bad of a record been retained.

• Post of the Week 1

JD HAS HAD 5 YEARS TO FIX THIS O LINE, DO I NEED TO GO THROUGH THE LIST OF GOOD O LINEMEN THAT WE COULD HAVE DRAFTED?!??

Brown is 100 Years old and you couldn’t expect him to fall off a clif????? ARE YOU SERIOUS??

RODGERS IS 40 YEARS OLD AND BATTLED INJURIES LAST SEASON, PLS THE GM GOT INJURY PROTECTION IN THE TRADE SO CLEARLY HE HAD A IDEA THIS COULD HAPPEN!!

NO EXCUSES FOR HAVING THE WORST QB IN FOOTBALL AS THE BACKUP ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THE TEAM HATES HIM AND YOUR QB IS 40 !!

Respectfully the pathetic excuses are straight 🤡🤡🤡🤡 time 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I am the biggest Douglas support there is but I cannot argue with anyone who questions him at this point.  We are going to win 6 games AGAIN this year.

It is open season on Douglas and Saleh at this point.  At some point you HAVE to win games.

I hope you are correct here 6 wins puts us right in view of one of the top QBs in this draft, there’s like legitimately 5 QBs that will probably go in the 1st this year

11 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

His record is awful. He has no free agent signings outside of DJ Reed that are successful. His drafting outside of 2022 has been bad thus far aside from AVT.

Relying on 40 year old players at QB and LT generally isn’t a great idea either.

Fans have every right to begin questioning the great JD.

1 minute ago, GangGreened said:

His record is awful. He has no free agent signings outside of DJ Reed that are successful. His drafting outside of 2022 has been bad thus far aside from AVT.

Relying on 40 year old players at QB and LT generally isn’t a great idea either.

Fans have every right to begin questioning the great JD.

Yup.  Yesterday performance was Kotite level bad.  It was a huge red flag for Douglas/Saleh that their team could look that bad from top to bottom.

Its open season on Douglas and Saleh.  And I cannot make any type of valid argument to defend them.