***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

Just not sure how long the leash is anymore.  OLine still needs to be fixed.  QB needs to be fixed.  McDonald inactive (I thought first round picks were supposed to play and contribute).  Where’s Tippman?  Gave $7M to a washed up Cook when that money could have been spent elsewhere to improve the team.  JD has hit on some players, but he’s clearly missed on a number of picks and signings.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bd71 said:

Just not sure how long the leash is anymore.  OLine still needs to be fixed.  QB needs to be fixed.  McDonald inactive (I thought first round picks were supposed to play and contribute).  Where’s Tippman?  Gave $7M to a washed up Cook when that money could have been spent elsewhere to improve the team.  JD has hit on some players, but he’s clearly missed on a number of picks and signings.  

Can’t say he missed on rodgers with this injury.  And it’s not up to jd to bench Izzy, McDonald and tippman.  If nothing else it shows a disconnect between coach and gm

50 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

JD HAS HAD 5 YEARS TO FIX THIS O LINE, DO I NEED TO GO THROUGH THE LIST OF GOOD O LINEMEN THAT WE COULD HAVE DRAFTED?!??

Brown is 100 Years old and you couldn’t expect him to fall off a clif????? ARE YOU SERIOUS??

RODGERS IS 40 YEARS OLD AND BATTLED INJURIES LAST SEASON, PLS THE GM GOT INJURY PROTECTION IN THE TRADE SO CLEARLY HE HAD A IDEA THIS COULD HAPPEN!!

NO EXCUSES FOR HAVING THE WORST QB IN FOOTBALL AS THE BACKUP ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THE TEAM HATES HIM AND YOUR QB IS 40 !!

Respectfully the pathetic excuses are straight 🤡🤡🤡🤡 time 

lol the caps.  "Respectfully"

Again - 5 years?  Did he really?  And funny I don't recall anyone talking about the big risk of Brown falling off a cliff this year before the season started, yet now it's this super obvious thing that everyone saw coming.  People complained about our lack of depth, in case Brown went down or Becton got hurt again.  But now acting like Brown was some liability that needed to be replaced is just revisionist history.  Same as Rodgers going down in week 1, yet now it's this super obvious thing that everyone saw coming.  It's just not the case.  People were worried about whether he was 2022 Rodgers or MVP Rodgers, but this "how can we expect this old man to not get hurt" was never a thing.  Also it's funny that you're using a positive(JD protecting himself in the trade - which ended up being huge) against him as if it's evidence of anything.  

Wilson wasn't going anywhere.  His cap hit wouldn't allow it.  Like him or not, he was going to be the backup regardless of who we brought in.  Again you can put that on JD for drafting him in the first place, but saying "how can he make him the backup?!?!"....what other options were there?  Bring in Gardner Minshew?  C'mon.

The funny thing is, I don't even feel the need to make excuses for this guy.  I'm mainly just amused that all it takes is one loss for you guys to completely lose your minds.  It's comical.  You literally just posted a paragraph in all caps.  One game man.  One game.  ONE.  GAME.  Can we not?  Is that possible?

(let me guess, you were one of the dudes saying "get to the bye at 3-3 and we're in good shape")

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

lol the caps.  "Respectfully"

Again - 5 years?  Did he really?  And funny I don't recall anyone talking about the big risk of Brown falling off a cliff this year before the season started, yet now it's this super obvious thing that everyone saw coming.  People complained about our lack of depth, in case Brown went down or Becton got hurt again.  But now acting like Brown was some liability that needed to be replaced is just revisionist history.  Same as Rodgers going down in week 1, yet now it's this super obvious thing that everyone saw coming.  It's just not the case.  People were worried about whether he was 2022 Rodgers or MVP Rodgers, but this "how can we expect this old man to not get hurt" was never a thing.  Also it's funny that you're using a positive(JD protecting himself in the trade - which ended up being huge) against him as if it's evidence of anything.  

Wilson wasn't going anywhere.  His cap hit wouldn't allow it.  Like him or not, he was going to be the backup regardless of who we brought in.  Again you can put that on JD for drafting him in the first place, but saying "how can he make him the backup?!?!"....what other options were there?  Bring in Gardner Minshew?  C'mon.

The funny thing is, I don't even feel the need to make excuses for this guy.  I'm mainly just amused that all it takes is one loss for you guys to completely lose your minds.  It's comical.  You literally just posted a paragraph in all caps.  One game man.  One game.  ONE.  GAME.  Can we not?  Is that possible?

(let me guess, you were one of the dudes saying "get to the bye at 3-3 and we're in good shape")

Its not one loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Good grief.  What do you not get about that?

Its 3 years of losses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

12 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Joe Douglas' track record of success is a 50% hit rate on the high first rounders his teams keep earning with their performance, the lone quality FA signing of DJ Reed, and little more than that.

Lot better than Macc (not saying much) and better than whoever Woody will hire after Douglas but yeah, it ain't great.

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

If this season implodes its because JD/Rex Hogan cant swallow his pride and cut bait with ZW. He literally made him our backup. If our season implodes because ZW stinks, how on earth does JD get a pass? Like how. 

He doesnt.  Not anymore.  Its open season on Douglas and Saleh.  The only defense right now is coming form the "its one gamers", but that will disappear after we lose to the pats, chiefs, broncos, eagles etc.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its the same thing as the last 3 years.  Yesterday was a Kotite level performance.  Look at the big picture and not the narrow view you are using to protect yourself from reality.

So let me get this straight.  You went into this season thinking "if the Jets lose one of the first two games, Douglas should be fired"?  That's a pretty reasonable expectation.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Are you kidding me with this narrative? 

I've seen people talking about how they put him on ignore.  I thought it was just because of the brutal predictions, which I admit are kinda funny(mostly because of his completely out of place confidence, which almost comes off as schtick).  This sh*t is crazy though.  My man wants to blow it up at 1-1.  He's genuinely hurt.  I feel for him.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its the same thing as the last 3 years.  Yesterday was a Kotite level performance.  Look at the big picture and not the narrow view you are using to protect yourself from reality.

It's fascinating to me how the Jets can take a guy who was impossibly optimistic and bring him to the dark side in only 2 weeks.  (Though it really only took 4 offensive plays in week 1).

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

After this year, Douglas will be 26-57 as gm of the jets.  Id go out on a limb and say that is the worst record for a gm after 5 years in nfl history.

I just cannot ignore these facts anymore.

Its open season on Douglas and Saleh.

It‘s year zero buddy.

Superbowl 2023.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I've seen people talking about how they put him on ignore.  I thought it was just because of the brutal predictions, which I admit are kinda funny(mostly because of his completely out of place confidence, which almost comes off as schtick).  This sh*t is crazy though.  My man wants to blow it up at 1-1.  He's genuinely hurt.  I feel for him.  

I am not blowing it up at 1-1.  I had to re-evaluate 4 plays into the season and after yesterday's Kotite level performance, its clear as day this is the same team it has been for the last 3 years.

This is a 6 win team, they will lose again to the Pats on Sunday, and your eyes will be open as to what is happening here.

Until then, enjoy your delusion of thinking we are gong to accomplish something we have failed at the last 15 times.

I will be preparing for the bump to Defcon 4.

33 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I am not blowing it up at 1-1.  I had to re-evaluate 4 plays into the season and after yesterday's Kotite level performance, its clear as day this is the same team it has been for the last 3 years.

This is a 6 win team, they will lose again to the Pats on Sunday, and your eyes will be open as to what is happening here.

Until then, enjoy your delusion of thinking we are gong to accomplish something we have failed at the last 15 times.

I will be preparing for the bump to Defcon 4.

Oh damn, it really is a bit.  

de-niro-very-good.gif

• Haha 1

Woody is an idiot.

This season should not be allowed to just be flushed down the toilet.

But even if it is, what’s the plan for next season?

A 40y old QB returning from Achilles tear and Zach Wilson?

It’s as if the GM has a death wish with ZW.

Any draft mistake is forgivable.  But why insist on tripling and quadrupling down no matter what?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Woody is an idiot.

This season should not be allowed to just be flushed down the toilet.

But even if it is, what’s the plan for next season?

A 40y old QB returning from Achilles tear and Zach Wilson?

It’s as if the GM has a death wish with ZW.

Any draft mistake is forgivable.  But why insist on tripling and quadrupling down no matter what?

Cap.

Cutting Wilson pre-draft & FA:  $20M dead cap

Cutting him after:  $15M dead cap

You could trade him for a lighter penalty, but who is trading for him?  My guess is they wanted to rehab his stock under Rodgers.  A full year of "wow he's a new man.  He's taken so many steps forward!  You'll unfortunately have to take our word for it, since we have Aaron Rodgers playing, but trust us!" in the hopes that it would sucker some team into taking him off our hands next spring.  Unfortunately Rodgers got hurt and now we're stuck with him.  

But yeah, as soon as it was decided that Rodgers was the guy(which was just as much a Woody decision as it was a JD decision), Zach's spot here in 2023 was cemented.  It was cheaper to keep him on the roster, and even with that we still couldn't afford another decent QB.  Zach as the backup was almost a package deal with bringing in Rodgers or any expensive QB.  Also you can bring up the AR discount and Davis retirement money now, which is all well and good, only problem is that no QBs are left on the market.  You'll have to trade for them at this point, and no team is trading a decent QB this early.

6 hours ago, Biggs said:

5 FA periods, 4 drafts.  If this team doesn't have a winning record it's a pretty crappy run.   I think we should we have a good enough roster even with a bad QB.  

Free agency is before the draft.  JD had virtually no ability to influence the roster in 2019.  The free agency shelves were picked clean.  

1 minute ago, bonkertons said:

Cap.

Cutting Wilson pre-draft & FA:  $20M dead cap

Cutting him after:  $15M dead cap

You could trade him for a lighter penalty, but who is trading for him?  My guess is they wanted to rehab his stock under Rodgers.  A full year of "wow he's a new man.  He's taken so many steps forward!  You'll unfortunately have to take our word for it, since we have Aaron Rodgers playing, but trust us!" in the hopes that it would sucker some team into taking him off our hands next spring.  Unfortunately Rodgers got hurt and now we're stuck with him.  

But yeah, as soon as it was decided that Rodgers was the guy(which was just as much a Woody decision as it was a JD decision), Zach's spot here in 2023 was cemented.  It was cheaper to keep him on the roster, and even with that we still couldn't afford another decent QB.  Zach as the backup was almost a package deal with bringing in Rodgers or any expensive QB.  Also you can bring up the AR discount and Davis retirement money now, which is all well and good, only problem is that no QBs are left on the market.  You'll have to trade for them at this point, and no team is trading a decent QB this early.

Him occupying a roster spot and being on the field is a net negative.

He negative EPA per play and the eye test attest to the fact that he’s a detriment to the team.

They are going to have to pay him regardless because nobody else wants him.

Theres no sucker like the Panthers with Darnold this time.

Swallow the dead cap and move on. 

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sure, but now, thanks to @80 he knows which direction his DEFCON is going.

We will all need the Defcon 4 thread come Sunday at 4:00pm EST.  Batten down the hatches!

I will not let my troops be caught off guard and suffer.  I have laid out the plan of action we will all need after the pats whup us on Sunday.

I am not leading us into an ambush.  I am captain damn it!

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Him occupying a roster spot and being on the field is a net negative.

He negative EPA per play and the eye test attest to the fact that he’s a detriment to the team.

They are going to have to pay him regardless because nobody else wants him.

Theres no sucker like the Panthers with Darnold this time.

Swallow the dead cap and move on. 

That's the point though.  You swallow the dead cap and then what?  You march out Joe Flacco on vet minimum?  

31 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Pinnock 3 tackles for loss yesterday. Not sure how he couldn’t stick here. Tony Adams is very bad and takes the worst angles in the open field that I’ve ever seen.

You still going on with this nonsense?  Pinnock is supposed to show that the Jets don't know how to develop young players?  If they didn't convert him to safety who would the Giants be starting?  Bobby McCain?  Pretty sure Adams will grade out better by almost every system.  I think Pinnock was among the worst coverage safeties in the NFL. TEs had 100% completion rate.

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You still going on with this nonsense?  Pinnock is supposed to show that the Jets don't know how to develop young players?  If they didn't convert him to safety who would the Giants be starting?  Pretty sure Adams will grade out better by almost every system.  I think he was among the worst coverage safeties in the NFL.

He’s a player that should probably still be on the team. Our secondary stinks at tackling.