***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

19 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Sorry, but no it wasn't. I was a fan back then too and I loved those players, but they're not close to Gardner, Garrett and Hall in impact.

if we're talking greatest draft in Jets history it's obviously the one they took Joe Willy at 1

ya know the guy who actually won the Super Bowl 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

They could have easily moved things around to sign a no more than $5mil backup. 

By all means please show me how you would have done this. 

And who would you have signed? Please remember that the Jets at the start of Free agency were linked to Aaron. So that player like Andy Dalton, would not sign with the Jets.

Mikey McDaniel owns Belichick and the Pats.

Dude coaches without fear and knows how to run an offense.

Kept a playoff game in Buffalo competitive with Skylar freaking Thompson.

Saleh has fallen flat in the biggest spots.

Team was running on adrenaline and the crowd on MNF with no time to process the pain and trauma of having just lost Aaron.

I don’t see that as a masterful job of Bobby “keeping the team together”.

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, Claymation said:

And who would you have signed? Please remember that the Jets at the start of Free agency were linked to Aaron. So that player like Andy Dalton, would not sign with the Jets.

I’m not blowing you off, I’m just swamped today and not doing this. Maybe another time man. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Gardner signed for 1.5

I would have offered him 2.25 to be the 2nd on the Jets

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Team was running on adrenaline and the crowd on MNF with no time to process the pain and trauma of having just lost Aaron.

Ive been saying Saleh is a fraud for 2-3 years. Worries more about his golf game and workouts than his job.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The fat man and the muscle head both are complete frauds, muscles is a future career DC and that’s all 

the fat man needs to go back to the player personal 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Claymation said:

Maybe I’m wrong but there’s not much to do. They had enough cap space at the start of free agency and no QB worth signing cost more than $5mil which could have been a lower cap hit with signing bonus shenanigans.

I would have kept Mike White as 1st choice, who signed for 2 years/$8 mil with higher incentives incase he started, then signed Bridgewater or Minshew as alternatives, who cost around $3mil and $3.5mil respectively. I mean, literally ANYTHING but what JD did. 

cap space at start of free agency:

https://dknetwork.draftkings.com/2023/3/13/23624351/new-york-jets-salary-cap-space-2023-contracts-free-agents-player-signings

available backup QBs

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-nfl-free-agency-qb-market-projecting-contracts-landing-spots-for-lamar-jackson-jimmy-garoppolo-more/

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2023 at 10:26 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

I did start the "What have you done Joe Douglas?  What have you done??" a few months back.  It was starting to creep in then.

Listen guys, you can see facts laid out before you over time, analyze and alter your conclusions without being called a flip flopper or having mood swings.

Hard to do that when you've castigated so many, deriding them as "diseased" and then merrily following in their footsteps. You should apologize to all those who were able to see your folly long before you. 

On 9/20/2023 at 12:29 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Also gave Buffalo a run for their money in Buffalo during the playoffs last year with a 3rd stringer.

Yeah I just realized that you already said what I posted. Sorry, too many tears in my eyes from the last 2 Sundays.

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2023 at 9:25 PM, Prodigal Syndicate said:

21-48

Meanwhile, in Miami

Genuinely delighted for him.

F*ck Joe Douglas. Him and his little have been brutally exposed.

Sad thing is the Rodgers excuse is going to buy everyone another year. There will be no accountability for this fiasco for a while. Sickening.

• Upvote 1

When you look at his drafts as a whole he's been awful.

Becton: trash

Mims: cut

Wilson: one of the worst draft picks ever

AVT: doesn't look good at all this year

Moore: traded for nothing and we don't even play Hardman

Sauce: great rookie year and looks average this year

Garrett: only guy I see as a great pick so far

JJ: was supposed to be a breakout player and has done nothing

Hall: seems clear he's not 100% and hasn't been affective besides a couple plays against BUF.

McDonald: isn't even active.

Tippman: just got on the field

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 9/20/2023 at 11:56 AM, bitonti said:

if we're talking greatest draft in Jets history it's obviously the one they took Joe Willy at 1

ya know the guy who actually won the Super Bowl 

They took Verlon Biggs at 2 in that draft.  2 SB one with the Jets one with Washington.  They also had a red shirt draft in those days and took George Sauer Jr. in round 5.  He's clearly one of the best WR who ever played for the team.  

• Upvote 2

How is Joe Douglas still here??

He's 21-48 as a GM

.304 batting avg %

Would be good if he were Wade Boggs, but an absolute joke for a football GM.

A HOF GM in Bill Polian was FIRED by the Colts for having no better backup QB option in place than Curtis Painter.

Zach Wilson is as bad as Curtis Painter, and this was supposed to be a SB contention year.

On 9/26/2023 at 7:40 AM, Bobby816 said:

Hall: seems clear he's not 100% and hasn't been affective besides a couple plays against BUF.

I can't take anything you say seriously after seeing this post.

No way I fire Douglas yet. The guy builds a team that people actually think can make it to the Superbowl for the first time in 25 years and we don't want to let him keep his job? Yes he botched the ZW pick and screwed Sam, he waited too long on bringing in a QB after Rodgers went down but you have to realise they thought ZW was better under Arods tuteledge and it just hasnt been the case. Douglas is who managed to get us a HOF QB for the first time in 50 years, lets cool it on firing him. Douglas had the best draft ever in 2022 with 3 first round studs didn't he? I rest my case. The problem is we got robbed of our dreams in 4 plays and its a tough pill to swallow. Shyt happens, at least Rodgers wants to come back to us because of JOE D. and the staff.

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2023 at 6:40 AM, Bobby816 said:

AVT, actually a good game this week at right tackle.

Moore, bad pick

Sauce, good, not as good as last year.

Garrett.  Excellent

JJ  1 sack, 1 QB hit, 10 tackles through 3 games

Hall:  great player, freak injury, currently no holes to run through

McDonald:  Not what you want to see out of a rookie

Tipp:   Quality 1st game

My issue with Joe D.   Next year you will be paying CJ, Duane Brown, Laken, and Hardman a combined 30 million to not be on the team.  That's throwing away 10% of the cap.   Add to that, the O Line is still mediocre, no backup QB with a 39 year old, 8 million for a washed up running back.

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

No way I fire Douglas yet. The guy builds a team that people actually think can make it to the Superbowl for the first time in 25 years and we don't want to let him keep his job? Yes he botched the ZW pick and screwed Sam, he waited too long on bringing in a QB after Rodgers went down but you have to realise they thought ZW was better under Arods tuteledge and it just hasnt been the case. Douglas is who managed to get us a HOF QB for the first time in 50 years, lets cool it on firing him. Douglas had the best draft ever in 2022 with 3 first round studs didn't he? I rest my case. The problem is we got robbed of our dreams in 4 plays and its a tough pill to swallow. Shyt happens, at least Rodgers wants to come back to us because of JOE D. and the staff.

The SB stuff was pipe dreams and delusion and not based in reality.

Trading away assets for a 40 year old over the hill QB is not a positive.

His record speaks for itself. Going to be 5 losing seasons in a row, with a roster filled with holes everywhere and still no o line, and still no QB.

He's a terrible GM.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 1

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Tannenbaum got us Brett Favre who was a HOF player and actually had a winning record with the Jets.   That was 14 years ago.  The HC was canned for not making the playoffs even though they had a winning record. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The SB stuff was pipe dreams and delusion and not based in reality.

Trading away assets for a 40 year old over the hill QB is not a positive.

His record speaks for itself. Going to be 5 losing seasons in a row, with a roster filled with holes everywhere and still no o line, and still no QB.

He's a terrible GM.

So you thought with Rodgers, this team was still not competing for the playoffs? It was that bad a roster?