***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

32 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Joe Douglas is not getting fired, this is a solid team that has lost arguably their best player with a freak injury.

But let's say Woody makes the decision to let Joe go. (Not that I condone this)

So who would you want? 

It’s a fair question. Douglas has hit on a few guys clustered in the 2022 draft. He has yet to hit on a player from the 3rd round on over the course of 3 drafts. Currently no one from the 2023 draft seems close to playing. Hall was also a high 2nd rounder. Obviously Mims and Moore did not work out. 

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s a fair question. Douglas has hit on a few guys clustered in the 2022 draft. He has yet to hit on a player from the 3rd round on over the course of 3 drafts. Currently no one from the 2023 draft seems close to playing. Hall was also a high 2nd rounder. Obviously Mims and Moore did not work out. 

What are your thoughts on Gipson, Tony Adams and Huff, all are UDFA?

What about Michael Carter the 2nd? (one of the better nickel backs in the game)

Ruckert is the best blocking TE in the NFL so far this season. Clemons looks menacing.

McGriddle played in last week's game, and it is a matter of time before Tippman starts.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

Ruckert is the best blocking TE in the NFL so far this season. Clemons looks menacing.

McGriddle played in last week's game, and it is a matter of time before Tippman starts.

Yeah Clemons would be the closest thing. He’s a good player. 

Ruckert has 1 catch for 8 yards to date. 

Not saying these guys won’t work out but you have to start hitting more in the mid rounds. 

Huff has 7 sacks through 3 seasons. Adams isn’t good. Gipson we’ll see. 

4 minutes ago, Claymation said:

it's tough to evaluate this draft class when saleh won't activate them.  but at least in preseason several guys flashed and the UDFA won the opener.  

with becton playing well at RT, there's really only one big fail but unfortunately it's still qb.  

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

it's tough to evaluate this draft class when saleh won't activate them.  but at least in preseason several guys flashed and the UDFA won the opener.  

with becton playing well at RT, there's really only one big fail but unfortunately it's still qb.  

Becton wont be on the team next season. He’s a bust.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

30 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah Clemons would be the closest thing. He’s a good player. 

Ruckert has 1 catch for 8 yards to date. 

Not saying these guys won’t work out but you have to start hitting more in the mid rounds. 

Huff has 7 sacks through 3 seasons. Adams isn’t good. Gipson we’ll see. 

Again Ruckert is the best blocking TE this year.

Adams isn't good?

According to PFF-"A new leader in pass-rush win rate: The Jets' Bryce Huff now owns the PFF record after a 2022 season in which he posted a 25.6% win rate."

Sheesh...tough crowd.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Again Ruckert is the best blocking TE this year.

Adams isn't good?

According to PFF-"A new leader in pass-rush win rate: The Jets' Bryce Huff now owns the PFF record after a 2022 season in which he posted a 25.6% win rate."

Sheesh...tough crowd.

Ruckert has played 23 snaps in two games. 

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

What damning statement.  I saw a piece on drafting and Philly and NO were analyzed for having 3rd and 4th rounders playing and contributing,  It’s so important. His drafting has been below average and his work otherwise is average. The 2022 draft was so good it covered his weakness BUT the record is partially his as well. 

6 hours ago, Claymation said:

this is a solid team that has lost arguably their best player with a freak injury.

If one "freak injury" turns the team into non contenders due to sticking with ZW as primary backup that is negligence by FO and Coaching staff, and much like 2022, you can have all the talent in the world. Doesn't matter when you can't win because of bad QB play. 

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

If one "freak injury" turns the team into non contenders due to sticking with ZW as primary backup that is negligence by FO and Coaching staff, and much like 2022, you can have all the talent in the world. Doesn't matter when you can't win because of bad QB play. 

They were on the cusp of the playoffs last year, and then after the Chicago game the offensive unit sucked. They didn't score a TD in the last 3 games. They addressed the QB situation.

What more did you want him to do? Allocate millions of dollars in a back up?

Who would you replace JD with?

Joe Douglas's record is definitely a mixed bag.

On the one hand, he had the greatest draft in Jets history in 2022, on the other hand, his 2020 and 2021 drafts were among the worst in Jets history.

On the one hand, he's done a good job building up the defensive unit, on the other, he's done a poor job with the QB position and depth positions on the offensive side of the ball.

On the one hand, he's made some really smart trades (e.g. Jamal Adams trade), on the other, the Rodgers trade was foolish. 

I'd give him an overall grade of C- all things considered. But he's not going anywhere for a while. Woody Johnson is still too giddy about the Rodgers trade to pull the trigger on firing him.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

I'd give him an overall grade of C- all things considered. But he's not going anywhere for a while. Woody Johnson is still too giddy about the Rodgers trade to pull the trigger on firing him.

If most of us performed at a C- average for almost 4 years at our jobs, I'm fairly certain we all would have been fired by now.  Just sayin...

30 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Joe Douglas's record is definitely a mixed bag.

On the one hand, he had the greatest draft in Jets history in 2022, on the other hand, his 2020 and 2021 drafts were among the worst in Jets history.

On the one hand, he's done a good job building up the defensive unit, on the other, he's done a poor job with the QB position and depth positions on the offensive side of the ball.

On the one hand, he's made some really smart trades (e.g. Jamal Adams trade), on the other, the Rodgers trade was foolish. 

2000 Jet draft was much better.  Ellis, Abraham, Pennington and Becht.   Round 1,  Coles round 3,  

6 minutes ago, Claymation said:

And you think Aaron would have been ok with that considering he is the one who gave the money back?

Definitely not but given the uncertainty of the QB position/Rodgers trade and deciding not to resign Mike White, they should have signed someone early in free agency. This would have been “just in case” things didn’t workout with their top choices and to also give them a little leverage in the Rodgers trade. That alone would have been worth the cost. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Definitely not but given the uncertainty of the QB position/Rodgers trade and deciding not to resign Mike White, they should have signed someone early in free agency. This would have been “just in case” things didn’t workout with their top choices and to also give them a little leverage in the Rodgers trade. That alone would have been worth the cost. 

I don't think they had the available cap to sign a back up and Aaron.

If you look at his off-season, he signed Rodgers.  With his injury, has he improved the team?  We'll pass on Lazard since he was signed for Rodgers.

The 4th O-line he has built is a bigger a dumpster fire as the first three miserable versions,  While we hate on Zach, we ignore that he gets the worst protection in football.  Notice Josh Allen turn over the ball when under half the pressure?

Dalvin Cook looks like a stiff.  Runs straight, up, doesn't break tackles and doesn't secure the ball.

His 1st and 4th  rounder haven't been activated,. His second rounder has trouble snapping the ball accurately and his 3rd rounder is not an  option at OT .

He hasn't identified a legitimate back-up QB.

So what has he done right?

8 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

If you look at his off-season, he signed Rodgers.  With his injury, has he improved the team?  We'll pass on Lazard since he was signed for Rodgers.

The 4th O-line he has built is a bigger a dumpster fire as the first three miserable versions,  While we hate on Zach, we ignore that he gets the worst protection in football.  Notice Josh Allen turn over the ball when under half the pressure?

Dalvin Cook looks like a stiff.  Runs straight, up, doesn't break tackles and doesn't secure the ball.

His 1st and 4th  rounder haven't been activated,. His second rounder has trouble snapping the ball accurately and his 3rd rounder is not an  option at OT .

He hasn't identified a legitimate back-up QB.

So what has he done right?

I love Joe D but you just cant defend him anymore.  Although I hate to admit it, everything you wrote is 100% accurate.  We are a .300 team under his 4 year term and we are about to have a 6 win season.  Just brutal.

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I love Joe D but you just cant defend him anymore.  Although I hate to admit it, everything you wrote is 100% accurate.  We are a .300 team under his 4 year term and we are about to have a 6 win season.  Just brutal.

Wait a minute - now you are off the JD train?

You?

I said last week I was starting to think you are my wife posting on here with the mind swings - now I am convinced of it.

I have to find any means of her posting on this site and put an end to this. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Wait a minute - now you are off the JD train?

You?

I said last week I was starting to think you are my wife posting on here with the mind swings - now I am convinced of it.

I have to find any means of her posting on this site and put an end to this. 

I did start the "What have you done Joe Douglas?  What have you done??" a few months back.  It was starting to creep in then.

Listen guys, you can see facts laid out before you over time, analyze and alter your conclusions without being called a flip flopper or having mood swings.