***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

So you thought with Rodgers, this team was still not competing for the playoffs? It was that bad a roster? 

It took 4 plays to get Arod killed because our O line was so poorly constructed. Do you believe he would have ever lasted a full season behind that line?

And no I dont.. My prediction was 8 wins and no playoffs. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, chirorob said:

AVT, actually a good game this week at right tackle.

Moore, bad pick

Sauce, good, not as good as last year.

Garrett.  Excellent

JJ  1 sack, 1 QB hit, 10 tackles through 3 games

Hall:  great player, freak injury, currently no holes to run through

McDonald:  Not what you want to see out of a rookie

Tipp:   Quality 1st game

My issue with Joe D.   Next year you will be paying CJ, Duane Brown, Laken, and Hardman a combined 30 million to not be on the team.  That's throwing away 10% of the cap.   Add to that, the O Line is still mediocre, no backup QB with a 39 year old, 8 million for a washed up running back.

Is this accurate? We will still be paying Duane Brown next year?

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

How is Joe Douglas still here??

He's 21-48 as a GM

.304 batting avg %

Would be good if he were Wade Boggs, but an absolute joke for a football GM.

A HOF GM in Bill Polian was FIRED by the Colts for having no better backup QB option in place than Curtis Painter.

Zach Wilson is as bad as Curtis Painter, and this was supposed to be a SB contention year.

Douglas built a pretty good roster.  With a good HC and a healthy Rodgers they compete for a deep playoff run.  With Saleh they might have made the playoffs?  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

It took 4 plays to get Arod killed because our O line was so poorly constructed. Do you believe he would have ever lasted a full season behind that line?

He hurt his calf in preseason due to bad OL protection. Saw his frustration. I hope we can get a new GM who actually values a strong OL, and who can draft a good qb. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He hurt his calf in preseason due to bad OL protection. Saw his frustration. I hope we can get a new GM who actually values a strong OL, and who can draft a good qb. 

The sad thing is, it's not like he's ignored the o line like Macc did. 

We have used first rounders and a lot of FA money on the line. And yet it's still so bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The OL wasn't the reason for his injury.  He didn't get the pass off on time and he had a calf injury.  The OL hasn't been good but that's not the reason he got hurt.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The sad thing is, it's not like he's ignored the o line like Macc did. 

We have used first rounders and a lot of FA money on the line. And yet it's still so bad.

Agree. But had to use $$ on some lower tier /aging OL because hasn’t drafting many. AVT great. Bector wiff. But there was no dire Will to put lot more into it. Not like the dire Will he has insisting zach will be the qb he thought he would be drafting him. Would like to see that persistence in OL. Keep drafting until get it right. Did he we really need another DL? He has put lot of $$ and draft into the D. Saleh must love him. It reminds me too much of MT chasing D guys for Rex. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

It’s obvious by now that Joe Douglas is not into safety nets and backup plans. Being cautious is not his thing. He approaches his job with a gambler’s mentality. He didn’t spend money on a competent backup QB because he laid down a bet that Rodgers would play the whole year. Just like he placed bets that Duane Brown would be fine to start the season and that Hackett’s past failures didn’t mean anything because Aaron would save the day.  

Well, that’s a lot of losing bets. Time to fire Joe the Gambler. 

I don't even see it as him being a gambler. He chases value and doesn't budge. 

He is just extremely egotisitic and stubborn and thinks he's the smartest man in the room.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Tannenbaum got us Brett Favre who was a HOF player and actually had a winning record with the Jets.   That was 14 years ago.  The HC was canned for not making the playoffs even though they had a winning record. 

Only because a healthy Clemens should have been put in over a torn rotator bum that couldnt throw it 5 yds after injury. Kellen had prepared as the starter all offseason only to have the rug pulled out from under him a week before week 1.

11 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Only because a healthy Clemens should have been put in over a torn rotator bum that couldnt throw it 5 yds after injury. Kellen had prepared as the starter all offseason only to have the rug pulled out from under him a week before week 1.

Favre gave us one of the best 11 games of Jets football in the teams history.

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Douglas built a pretty good roster.  With a good HC and a healthy Rodgers they compete for a deep playoff run.  With Saleh they might have made the playoffs?  

It's 100% on him for not having a better backup QB on the roster than ZW.

It's also on him for waiting 2 weeks after 9/11 to add a viable QB.

Also, Saleh was his hire.

So if Saleh sucks, that's on him, too.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Also, Saleh was his hire.

So if Saleh sucks, that's on him, too.

Great point that gets overlooked alot. Cant blame Woody or anyone else. Saleh was 100 percent JD's hire. So if he turns out to be the out of touch rah rah meathead with a 12-25 record he is trending......yea thats on JD as well. 

JD was the genius who figured let me pair a first time defensive coach with a rookie QB. Because that always works. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Ron Rico said:

4th round of the 2023 draft, Jake Haener, Aiden O'Connell and Stetson Bennet were still on the board when Joe "Fat Albert" Douglas drafted....

Carter Warren.

And this is precisely why JD is getting fired next offseason 

We should have signed a veteran backup for Rodgers AND drafted a developmental qb

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2023 at 4:34 PM, Ron Rico said:

4th round of the 2023 draft, Jake Haener, Aiden O'Connell and Stetson Bennet were still on the board when Joe "Fat Albert" Douglas drafted....

Carter Warren.

The Jets didn't have a 3rd round pick, they traded it to Cleveland who drafted WR Cedric Tillman. Was thatpart of the Elijah Moore trade? 

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Is this because of Van Jefferson @Beerfish

The object of the game is to always improve your team.  If you can replace the worst guy on your roster with a slight upgrade you do so.

Hardman and Cobb STINK.  Lazard is a jag

Improve where you can.  Van Jefferson has had a year better than lazard or hardman

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The object of the game is to always improve your team.  If you can replace the worst guy on your roster with a slight upgrade you do so.

Hardman and Cobb STINK.  Lazard is a jag

Improve where you can.  Van Jefferson has had a year better than lazard or hardman

He sucks and you know it!