***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He sucks and you know it!

Just as their are levels of good there are levels of suck.

I'm pretty confident he is less sucky than Hardman or Cobb

Hey, we wouldn't be in this Wr mess now if we had just drafted JSN  (Or Jordan Addision)...right?  ............RIGHT?

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Just as their are levels of good there are levels of suck.

I'm pretty confident he is less sucky than Hardman or Cobb

Hey, we wouldn't be in this Wr mess now if we had just drafted JSN  (Or Jordan Addision)...right?  ............RIGHT?

JSN STINKS

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Joe Douglas guys: 

Guys who have shown All Pro or Pro Bowl caliber play:

Garrett Wilson

Breece Hall

Sauce Gardner

Jermaine Johnson

DJ Reed

Bryce Huff

Quincy Williams

Joe Tippmann

Morstead/Zuerlein

Young guys with high upside/Possible breakouts 

Xavier Gipson

Jeremy Ruckert 

Mekhi Becton

Tony Adams

Will Macdonald 

Guys showing flashes/Solid Players 

John Franklin Meyers

Jamien Sherwood

Quinton Jefferson 

Jordan Whitehead

Tyler Conklin

Allen Lazard

That doesn’t include Aaron Rodgers or Zach Wilson, the most important position on the field, which has been a question mark for too long.  And Quinnen was here prior to JD, with CJ Mosley declining, and AVT, although solid, is injury prone.

We are talking about a LOT of good players that he has brought in. Great trades. Free agent signings and UDFA breakouts. 

Nope, we haven’t made the playoffs with him. Firing will be his fate, if he doesn’t bring us there by 2024. Until then, we have a team with a ton of talent. Maybe I won’t see it in my lifetime, but I have a feeling that JD will bring us a winning team and maybe, just maybe, a championship. 

he is the best GM we have had in a while and might be the best ever for getting Talent. right now Tanny is the best ever but JD is closing in on him.

if Johnson continues to take big steps this year we could have 4 Pro Bowlers from the 2022 draft. thats historic. i wonder if anyone has ever done that before.

yes he has had his ups and down the biggest has been the QB position but our best GM Tanny got fired 2 years after back to back AFCCGs and the next 2 GMs were a disaster. we as Jet fans should know better than anybody that " the grass is not always greener on the other side". 

Parcells hired Tanny, Gase hired JD. woody who would be picking our next GM hired Idzik and Mac. 

the wins might not be here but the talent is. JD should get a 2nd contract and another chance to get a QB. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Joe Douglas guys: 

Guys who have shown All Pro or Pro Bowl caliber play:

Garrett Wilson

Breece Hall

Sauce Gardner

Jermaine Johnson

DJ Reed

Bryce Huff

Quincy Williams

Joe Tippmann

Morstead/Zuerlein

Young guys with high upside/Possible breakouts 

Xavier Gipson

Jeremy Ruckert 

Mekhi Becton

Tony Adams

Will Macdonald 

Guys showing flashes/Solid Players 

John Franklin Meyers

Jamien Sherwood

Quinton Jefferson 

Jordan Whitehead

Tyler Conklin

Allen Lazard

That doesn’t include Aaron Rodgers or Zach Wilson, the most important position on the field, which has been a question mark for too long.  And Quinnen was here prior to JD, with CJ Mosley declining, and AVT, although solid, is injury prone.

We are talking about a LOT of good players that he has brought in. Great trades. Free agent signings and UDFA breakouts. 

Nope, we haven’t made the playoffs with him. Firing will be his fate, if he doesn’t bring us there by 2024. Until then, we have a team with a ton of talent. Maybe I won’t see it in my lifetime, but I have a feeling that JD will bring us a winning team and maybe, just maybe, a championship. 

I agree in spirit but seems not many of them are playing up to their potential this year. Except Breeze and arguably couple more. At a minimum maybe we need a coaching change instead of more excuses.,

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Not the time for the fire joe douglas thread.  We won last week, are 2-3 and have a big game on Sunday.

Jet fans need to be better about when they need to spout their negativity.  Now is not that time. 

There are more games won because of fear of failure than from confidence born of nothing.  

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Not the time for the fire joe douglas thread.  We won last week, are 2-3 and have a big game on Sunday.

Jet fans need to be better about when they need to spout their negativity.  Now is not that time. 

We are 2-4 and Sunday is simply a formality. We have about as much chance winning that game  Sunday as we do winning the Super Bowl. < 0.0%

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

We are 2-4 and Sunday is simply a formality. We have about as much chance winning that game  Sunday as we do winning the Super Bowl. < 0.0%

Eh, no shame in losing to a Super Bowl contender.  We then beat the Giants and we are right back to a game under .500.  

The Eagles are going to overlook us and come out flat.  We are going to have a chance to steal this one.  Buckle your seatbelt Crusher.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, doitny said:

if Johnson continues to take big steps this year we could have 4 Pro Bowlers from the 2022 draft. thats historic. i wonder if anyone has ever done that before.

Pittsburgh had that draft with 4 Hall of Famers, so we can shoot for that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Weren't you the guy screaming about a DEFCON 3 thread if they lost to the Broncos? And a close game against a terrible team means no more negativity?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

At the end of the day for whatever reason nothing he has done has resulted in winning consistently. Lots of excuses and what ifs, but not much winning. We won’t be a .500 win team this year, we will get an excuse for that and hope pumped up our asses that next year. Time to change our shorts! 

BONANZA | S2E5 | The Hopefuls - YouTube

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He is a bad GM that made one great trade with a subsequent draft he hit on because of it.  If the Seahawks don't have a complete mental breakdown - Joe Douglas would be viewed as another bad GM in a long line of bad GM's.

He's not the answer for the future of this franchise.

This! 

Not like you've been right about this all offseason or anything 🤷🏼‍♂️

🍿🍿

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The Becton and Zach draft choices were franchise changing, and not for the better.

Wirfs in 2020 and a trade down from #2 in 2021 were the obvious moves. Sucks to think what we could’ve done with the haul of picks Miami got from San Fran. 

The roster isn’t bad at all, lots of likable players. But OL and QB are dicey and that’s why we are struggling to not finish in last place, again.

Side note - I’m so dang sick of the stupid “you can never have enough pass rushers!” saying. It’s wrong. For anyone that disagrees, you good with using our 1st round pick next year on a pass rusher? 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, doitny said:
he is the best GM we have had in a while and might be the best ever for getting Talent. right now Tanny is the best ever but JD is closing in on him.
yes he has had his ups and down the biggest has been the QB position but our best GM Tanny got fired 2 years after back to back AFCCGs and the next 2 GMs were a disaster. we as Jet fans should know better than anybody that " the grass is not always greener on the other side". 
Parcells hired Tanny, Gase hired JD. woody who would be picking our next GM hired Idzik and Mac. 
the wins might not be here but the talent is. JD should get a 2nd contract and another chance to get a QB. 

Tanny was a pimp ... That guy was brought here as a capologist and destroyed any semblance of front office responsibility the team ever had. He had Mangini to handle the talent acquisition until clownboy took over ... When he got exposed for what he was.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie

9 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He is a bad GM that made one great trade with a subsequent draft he hit on because of it.  If the Seahawks don't have a complete mental breakdown - Joe Douglas would be viewed as another bad GM in a long line of bad GM's.

He's not the answer for the future of this franchise.

What about the Sam trade?

On 10/13/2023 at 4:09 PM, Saul Goodman said:

Side note - I’m so dang sick of the stupid “you can never have enough pass rushers!” saying. It’s wrong. For anyone that disagrees, you good with using our 1st round pick next year on a pass rusher? 

Depends. Will next years 1st round edge involve reaching for an undersized project that will spend most of the season inactive, have zero impact on the field, while passing on at least half a dozen better players at positions of need?

Better yet, can said player jump over a car?

One can only hope that JD will still be our GM next year so that the answers to all of these questions is a rounding, YES! 

🍿🍿

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2023 at 9:41 AM, The Crusher said:

On 10/13/2023 at 9:52 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Eh, no shame in losing to a Super Bowl contender.  We then beat the Giants and we are right back to a game under .500.  

The Eagles are going to overlook us and come out flat.  We are going to have a chance to steal this one.  Buckle your seatbelt Crusher.

Mom bought  me the Big Boy Belly Buckle extender and the ride was just fine. Thank JWN, thank you, 

2 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Depends. Will next years 1st round edge involve reaching for an undersized project that will spend most of the season inactive, have zero impact on the field, while passing on at least half a dozen better players at positions of need?

Better yet, can said player jump over a car?

One can only hope that JD will still be our GM next year so that the answers to all of these questions is a rounding, YES! 

🍿🍿

What were your thoughts on Jermaine Johnson last year?

• 3 weeks later...