Now MULTIPLE cases being brought against watson

Barkus

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've obviously been a huge Watson fan and the mere fact that allegations like these are cropping up against him is disappointing.  If they're true or even if only some of the allegations are true, fling him into the sun. 

I just @GATA hope they're not true.

100%.  Very sad.  Sucks.  

I swear anytime I like really like a player, they turn out to be turds.  This all started with Dwight Gooden and Daryl Strawberry.

3 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Could you post a few of the other cases like this I can't seem to remember them??

ray rice, kareem hunt, michael vick....now those were  about killing dogs and real assaults' but today these allegations are probably just as bad as those were in those days. and all 3 of those guy were big important players to there team at the time.

and only rice didnt play again. 

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yeah, never take it at face value when you hear someone called a "church-going Saint".

I mean, it wasn't just that he's a Christian.  He's one of the NFL's biggest philanthropists, and he assumed that role while on his # 12 pick rookie deal and not exactly rolling in money just yet (relative to his peers on their 2nd and 3rd contracts).  Everyone that knows him seems to love him.  It really seemed like he was living out his beliefs and had a strong moral compass even as a dude in his early 20s.

But if true, it's obviously a reminder that all men are fallible and no one is without flaws.  This being a terrible flaw, and one that (again, if true) will re-shape how people will think of him for the rest of his life.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

ray rice, kareem hunt, michael vick....now those were  about killing dogs and real assaults' but today these allegations are probably just as bad as those were in those days. and all 3 of those guy were big important players to there team at the time.

and only rice didnt play again. 

Thanks

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

There has been no Police report... or else that would have come out. Look, I get it ... you immediately believe the woman in this case... If this was brought out differently... Presented like other sexual harassment cases I would tend to believe it.  The truth is that a predatorial lawyer came out on instagram to present a civil case that he asked for 100k. If that doesn't seem fishy then I don't know what to tell you. 

You seem obsessed with the idea that police reports = only route of validity, yet you don't even understand how or by whom criminal charges are filed, or why someone might choose civil court over trying to pursue a criminal case.  You started this discussion with wild, unsupported conspiracy theories of collusion between the Texans Ownership and the Lawyer (utterly illogical though such a act would be, hurting the Texans more than anyone else) , you immediately discounted it all as basically a witch hunt (feels like this is all very familiar) and went on about how this is just like in Politics (yup, VERY familiar).  I'm legit shocked you didn't just call it fake news or describe Watson as the greatest.

I can only pray that should any women in your own life suffer some assault (and the vast majority of women do at one point or another suffer some form of sexual intimidation, harassment or assault), that you're more open minded to her than you are here.  I have to imagine if it were your new wife, your mother or your daughter, you'd be far less a.......about "file charges, police report, conspiracy!" than you are now, but who knows.  Maybe you wouldn't be.

None of us know the truth, nor should any of us presume one side or the other are liars.  The cases will take their due course, but dear lord, save the jock-sniffing conspiracy theorizing for 8-chan.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

My QB and my team sucks, yeah, but I'm a billionaire so life really isn't too unpleasant, and I like it that way.

Yup. Sam might be a train wreck on the field, but a seemingly nice, clean cut good dude. Woody would much rather have that around him than a walking lightning rod. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You seem obsessed with the idea that police reports = only route of validity, yet you don't even understand how or by whom criminal charges are filed, or why someone might choose civil court over trying to pursue a criminal case.  You started this discussion with wild, unsupported conspiracy theories of collusion between the Texans Ownership and the Lawyer (utterly illogical though such a act would be, hurting the Texans more than anyone else) , you immediately discounted it all as basically a witch hunt (feels like this is all very familiar) and went on about how this is just like in Politics (yup, VERY familiar).

I can only pray that should any women in your own life suffer some assault (and the vast majority of women do at one point or another suffer some form of sexual intimidation, harassment or assault), that you're more open minded to her than you are here.  I have to imagine if it were your new wife, your mother or your daughter, you'd be far less a.......about "file charges, police report, conspiracy!" than you are now, but who knows.  Maybe you wouldn't be.

None of us know the truth, nor should any of us presume one side or the other are liars.  The cases will take their due course, but dear lord, save the jock-sniffing conspiracy theorizing for 8-chan.

Exactly what I was thinking. Exactly this.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

It's perfectly reasonable that Watson could be a great, giving, loving, wonderful human being.....who still didn't understand "no means no" or the limits of imposing sexual pressure on unwilling people.  

Or until they hit their head on his goal post??:eek:

Just now, Warfish said:

People can be multiple things at once.  Saints in one way can be sinners in another.  Great people can have personal failings.  Some of the very founders of this country (great men), were still rabid slave owners.

One thing the modern world has utterly failed at IMO is judging people as a whole, not for their singular best moment, nor for their sins, especially in a historical context. 

It's perfectly reasonable that Watson could be a great, giving, loving, wonderful human being.....who still didn't understand "no means no" or the limits of imposing sexual pressure on unwilling people.  

Absolutely agreed.  And, sadly, an argument can be made that some people are philanthropic because they have demons they're looking to make up for, to "level the scales".  They thus are able to compartmentalize the things they do not like about themselves, focusing instead on their good works to protect their psyche.

Not saying that was the case in this instance, but its possible. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, freestater said:

Yup. Sam might be a train wreck on the field, but a seemingly nice, clean cut good dude. Woody would much rather have that around him than a walking lightning rod. 

Woody's a meek-sounding, hideous dweeb, and in the past 6 to 46 months had a sitting US president and Elizabeth Hurley on speed dial. 

So I'd say he needs this kind of attention like he needs to be balder. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

People can be multiple things at once.  Saints in one way can be sinners in another.  Great people can have personal failings.  Some of the very founders of this country (great men), were still rabid slave owners.

One thing the modern world has utterly failed at IMO is judging people as a whole, not for their singular best moment, nor for their sins, especially in a historical context. 

agencylife advertisement GIF by MX Player

• Sympathy 1

Deshaun Wartson will be at Cheat by April Fool's Day. Then most everyone on here will be all oh, haha, silly me, it's April Fool's Day and jeto will be all yeah, it's April Fool's Day, but I told you and he's a Cheat, no joke (mass site-wide temporary exodus ensues for hive mind to google furiously). "OMG Watson is a Cheat, no joke."

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Absolutely agreed.  And, sadly, an argument can be made that some people are philanthropic because they have demons they're looking to make up for, to "level the scales".  They thus are able to compartmentalize the things they do not like about themselves, focusing instead on their good works to protect their psyche.

Not saying that was the case in this instance, but its possible. 

Yep, sometimes the most outwardly good are the biggest pieces of sh*t behind closed doors. Maybe even often rather than sometimes 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You seem obsessed with the idea that police reports = only route of validity, yet you don't even understand how or by whom criminal charges are filed, or why someone might choose civil court over trying to pursue a criminal case.  You started this discussion with wild, unsupported conspiracy theories of collusion between the Texans Ownership and the Lawyer (utterly illogical though such a act would be, hurting the Texans more than anyone else) , you immediately discounted it all as basically a witch hunt (feels like this is all very familiar) and went on about how this is just like in Politics (yup, VERY familiar).  I'm legit shocked you didn't just call it fake news or describe Watson as the greatest.

No, that is not true at all... I only say THIS instance of sexual assault is extremely suspect and I don't believe it... I long stand for the victims in sexual assault cases... I don't need you to lecture what goes on in my life. Keep the personal sh*t out of this.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If The Texans were really out to destroy him wouldn't they have taken Chicago's three first round picks (or whatever best deal they could get) and then had this sh*t crush him?

Just don't buy it, makes no sense for the team to have anything to do with this.

Better yet, trade him for those 3 firsts from Chicago, let the allegations come out and if true Watson gets suspended, leaving the QB-less Bears as a bottom of the league team and those picks priceless 

Bwaaa, 10th neg rep for no apparent reason by @Skeptable

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

I'm inclined to believe sexual assault victims - but there are too many elements that make this smell fishy.
1) Why have these women NOT gone to the police with their accusations?
2) Why did the lawyer ask for a cash payout / shakedown, and then pursue additional allegations via... Instagram?
3) This lawyer sounds like a real piece of work:

https://oaklandnewsnow.com/news/a-look-at-tony-buzbee-the-lawyer-and-trump-donor-accusing-texans-deshaun-watson-of-sexual-assault/
I think the lawyer probably is a scumbag, maybe he'd heard rumors and once it became clear that Watson wasn't going to remain a Texan he decided to go for the pay day.

As far as 'why didn't the women go to the police' - if you really need to ask that, you haven't been paying attention for the last 30 years.

And as for the lawyer, of course he's not going to the police with a he said - she said case. A loss in criminal court would only hurt his chances in civil court. He's not likely involved out of the goodness of his heart.
  • Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i just want to remind everyone that Payton Manning put his dick on a physical therapists head while she was examining him in Tennessee (or something like that). Entitled athletes doing entitled athlete things with women isn't new.

And (now to play Devil's advocate) neither is being dishonest to get a hoped-for payday (Duke Lacrosse is the poster child example).

This is why people say "believe women" AND "then let the process play out". 

Two parts, where possible victims don't get the "shame/liar/whore deserved it/why was she wearing that skirt then" treatment people like (a certain JN Poster) like to lay down on women.

The second, to ensure the accused get their day in Court.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Better yet, trade him for those 3 firsts from Chicago, let the allegations come out and if true Watson gets suspended, leaving the QB-less Bears as a bottom of the league team and those picks priceless 

Bwaaa, 10th neg rep for no apparent reason by @Skeptable

I don't know why Max keeps that feature is this nursery school??

• Haha 1