Interesting Jets/Niners Trade on Movin the Chains

They were doing mock#2 last night. Jets flip picks with S.F for Jimmy G, Kinlaw, and pick #155, a 5th. Kirwin said he lets them battle it out in camp, and pick best man. If Sam wins, and has a good year, franchise him next year. Jimmy G wins, Sam is backup, then either try to trade him at deadline or let him walk at end of year.Different spin for sure.

• Thumb Down 12
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, section314 said:

They were doing mock#2 last night. Jets flip picks with S.F for Jimmy G, Kinlaw, and pick #155, a 5th. Kirwin said he lets them battle it out in camp, and pick best man. If Sam wins, and has a good year, franchise him next year. Jimmy G wins, Sam is backup, then either try to trade him at deadline or let him walk at end of year.Different spin for sure.

No thank you.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Darnold is a bust.  And fields and lance can also easily bust.  

Remember watching mims not get the ball enough when darnold was in there last year? Imagine watching that with pitts as well.  

i was responding to his statement about hving no qbs if we had jimmy g and darnold battling it out. not that im advocating for this idea.....but saying we'd still have no qbs was silly imo. i don't like fields or lance. the only guy i'd want us rto draft at qb is wilson......i'm just saying even if we draft him it's still very possible we'd have no qb

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

i was responding to his statement about hving no qbs if we had jimmy g and darnold battling it out. not that im advocating for this idea.....but saying we'd still have no qbs was silly imo. i don't like fields or lance. the only guy i'd want us rto draft at qb is wilson......i'm just saying even if we draft him it's still very possible we'd have no qb

It's a gamble, yes. As is drafting any QB early.

We're in position to take a top QB in this draft without having to give anything up. You don't pass on that for Jimmy Garoppolo.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, section314 said:

bad trade.  

30 minutes ago, section314 said:

If this were such a good deal why doesnt SF stick with JimmyG and pick Pitts at three for themselves?  

Because theyre sending Saleh and crew a parting gift?

It's time to roll with a new guy, even if he sits for a year, which I would prefer, unless he shows he's ready for Prime time. I really wanted Sam to succeed, but it's time to move him on to somewhere where they can rebuild him. I'm confident in this new staff to fix Darnold as well, however I don't think this fan base will ever get behind him unless he went 16-0. opps 17-0.

3 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Garrappolo and Kinlaw do nothing for the Jets. Jimmy isn’t a long term answer at QB and the Jets are loaded with interior DL as is. 

The 49ers would have offer out Bosa or Kittle for me to be interested. 

Exactly. I want Bosa in this deal. Otherwise tell John Lynch to f*ck off.

Just now, sourceworx said:

Exactly. I want Bosa in this deal. Otherwise tell John Lynch to f*ck off.

100 pct, substitute Bosa or Kittle in deal, and we have something. I think i take Lance at 3 , but would to fully understand trade down possibilities..

If they believe in Sam it's a great idea.  He can sit behind JG who knows the system until he's ready.   JG when healthy is a very good starting NFL QB.  He's going to give us way more production in year 1 than anyone we can draft or Sam.  He can also run the system from day 1 which is great for the rest of the O.  

If we can get another top SF player in the deal it works.  We're not getting Bosa.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

100 pct, substitute Bosa or Kittle in deal, and we have something. I think i take Lance at 3 , but would to fully understand trade down possibilities..

Agree. They give us Bosa and Garoppolo. We take Lance or Fields at #3 and let him sit a few weeks until Garoppolo inevitably gets injured.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

you do realize up to now Sam Darnold is a bust?

idk if this is true. there isn't a qb in the league that would have looked good on this team, and that's a fact. again, i'm not saying we shouldn't draft wilson......i like wilson. i'm just saying the kid was stuck on a team withe a terrible coach and played behind a terrible oline, with a bad rb and nothing as far as receivers. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

It's a gamble, yes. As is drafting any QB early.

We're in position to take a top QB in this draft without having to give anything up. You don't pass on that for Jimmy Garoppolo.

Also, the whole point of Sam being not good going forward is both his bad play and the contract issue. Well Jimmy G's contract would be worse or higher. Wilson gives us 4 years of the smallest contract to build a team in that time with the draft picks and $ we have and either Wilson or someone else will be the QB to run the show.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Then there's nothing left to say to you. You're basically on the same level as those who deny that the Earth is round.

yeah thats what it is.....lol. i like how you conveniently left out the rest of what i said....like that i like wilson just so you can post something that you think is clever.