Make your selection Fields,Lance or Wilson.

Who do you want the NY Jets to draft with the #2 pick.   

159 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want the NY Jets to draft with the #2 pick.

Wilson and it isn’t close.

Would probably take Jones over Fields and Lance too. I just wouldn’t trust either at 2.

My thoughts on Fields are that he has some fatal flaws that need to be fixed before he can play. He should be praying that he goes to New England because that’s his best chance to succeed. He has all the physical ability but I don’t think he’s even close to ready for NFL defences. 

Lance may have the highest ceiling in the draft but with his inexperience it’s just impossible to take the chance. Another guy who needs to sit.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I will take Lance.  I fully understand why he shouldn't go as high, and I am not advocating taking him at 2.  OTOH, he is a physical freak and I don't see anything too detrimental in his background.   I was really looking forward to seeing him in 2020.   I have reservations about all of them, but as I have said before when in doubt give me the freak!  Also, nobody picked him, and I am a contrarian.

• Upvote 3

Wilson just seems like daring fate lol. What are the chances that he turns out to be the real deal but he gets hurt vs he’s the next media sensation and superstar?  Yes that’s my battered jets fan syndrome talking 

fields is tough and fast and can really throw it but will our guys be able to build an offense around him?  Does he fit ?  I dunno 

who ?

What separates Wilson are just the amount of NFL type throws he consistently makes. He gets it into tight windows time and again. Because of that I don't think he's going to be holding it and waiting for the perfect look, he can throw guys open. His accuracy stands out even on his incompletions. Rarely does he miss wildly, he gives his guys a chance.

His instincts in the pocket seem good too albeit under limited pressure. He will need to learn to give up on some plays and throw it away. His line being as good as it was and the competition being awful is a concern but that's why the type of throws he was making matter. They translate well. It's just a matter of whether he can keep that same composure and accuracy vs NFL defences and with more consistent pressure. His ceiling is incredible.

• Upvote 1

There's no way to program a particular scenario in, but I wish the Jets could trade down to where Lance was, and stock up on some more picks/talent. He could sit for a half or whole year, and let some other vet play - or play himself if that vet never shows up here. I did vote for Wilson, who is perhaps a better/ready now option. Fields would be my third choice, but it's very close.

2 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Kyle Trask... can you please add him

54 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I love you cause you're either the best troll ever on purpose, or you do this by mistake. Either way keep going after Tom Shane. 

Including Kyle Trask definitely made me giggle

JETSY14 requested it. 

No troll here. 

• Post of the Week 1

I voted Wilson.

I've been high on Wilson since October but never thought he'd be in the discussion for #2. That being said, while I think he is the better thrower/passer, I wish he had Fields' body and athleticism. The X factor we as fans don't know is how either is in the classroom.

It's close for me. I think they both bring slightly different things to the game. It's which of those things you prefer.