Make your selection Fields,Lance or Wilson.

Who do you want the NY Jets to draft with the #2 pick.   

159 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want the NY Jets to draft with the #2 pick.

I don't feel confident in any of the 2021 QB's, including Lawrence.

Knowing Lawrence is out (as the #1 pick), my preference is:

1. Fields at #2 (or a short trade down at like, #5 or similar, if that were possible).

2. Trask in the 2nd or 3rd Round.  Trade down from #2 for max picks.

3. Mac Jones if he fell to #23..

4. Wilson at #2 (almost assuredly what will actually happen) ONLY if we draft Offense at #23 and in the 2nd to support him.

Appreciate I'm in the tiny minority, but I just have a hard time getting behind Wilson at #2.  Small school, horrible opponents, limited resume of top-end success (basically 2020).  It's all projection and hype, and the Jets don't feel like a team that can afford the high risk/high reward pick.  We keep aiming hype, er, high and never even get to "NFL average" at QB, and that would be enough for me from a QB.

Hope I'm wrong, and admittedly I'm less confident in my opinion this cycle than almost any cycle before, because I think it's close to a sure thing we draft Wilson at #2.

• Haha 1

I also may be in the minority but I rarely watch College football. I watched the Ohio St vs Clemson game because of the activity of this board and came away thinking that Justin Fields is a true leader, just seemed better than everyone else on the field. I also watched Wilson highlights against Coastal Carolina and what I came away with was, I wish the Jets were as good as Coastal Carolina..........whoever the heck they are.

Again, I leave it up the JD and Saleh. I will root for whoever we pick to go out and play football and keep us in games.

Really looking forward to Draft day.

On 4/14/2021 at 4:46 PM, Philc1 said:

None of the above trade for Jimmy G

So the team that has him just traded the farm to move up to take one these quarterbacks that you want to pass on.  This same team was in the Superbowl just two years ago with said quarterback and they STILL moved up to draft one this year.   That is the guy you want to trade for?  

10 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

We need more of this same poll.

Btw, not that I'm advocating but why no Mac Jones but Kyle Trask? 

Because some goofball asked for Trask to be in the poll.  And joewilly, as accommodating of extra poll choices as he is shirtless men, obliged.

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, JetBlue said:

So the team that has him just traded the farm to move up to take one these quarterbacks that you want to pass on.  This same team was in the Superbowl just two years ago with said quarterback and they STILL moved up to draft one this year.   That is the guy you want to trade for?  

Yes.  He’s still better than any of these trash qbs that are getting overdrafted

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Give me the tough as nails quarterback who's built for the NFL and has traits you cannot teach. That's Justin Fields.

fair statement but a qb also needs to lead and one way is to lead by example and have a work ethic.  i'm not sure if they're true but fields has been portrayed as have an attitude.  we've seen lots of attitude from osu players of late and that is something that is very difficult to change.

All you draft niks saying things like “remember when the NFL passed on mahomes” or “remember when josh Allen was the 4th QB” in an attempt to justify the fields pick need to realize that if the Jets were operating under the same flawed process that led to mahomes dropping Fields would be the pick... 

21 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Wilson and it isn’t close.

Would probably take Jones over Fields and Lance too. I just wouldn’t trust either at 2.

My thoughts on Fields are that he has some fatal flaws that need to be fixed before he can play. He should be praying that he goes to New England because that’s his best chance to succeed. He has all the physical ability but I don’t think he’s even close to ready for NFL defences. 

Lance may have the highest ceiling in the draft but with his inexperience it’s just impossible to take the chance. Another guy who needs to sit.

Interesting how much we disagree.  

There is something I don't like about Wilson, but I can see the positives.  Fields does seem to have flaws, but he also has the running ability to design an O around and go from the start.  

I picked Lance because I want ceiling.  Similar to how I was not "off" Josh Allen, though he did scare me as a prospect.  I don't think these guys necessarily need to sit.  Lance is big and physically fits in the NFL game.  You can design an offense around him and using his running ability to take the pressure off the passing, he can succeed early.  Think about Roethlisberger.   Yeah he played more games, but he came from Miami Ohio.  How many games did he sit behind Maddox?  1 or 2?  Why was he able to succeed?  Because he was a big physical freak!