Trevor Lawrence’s commitment to football being questioned

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Why would he have a chip on his shoulders? Damn kids being called generational and being promoted as the next Luck/Peyton, chips are for underdogs like Russel Wilson. 

because all he's been hearing for the past 2 months is how good zach wilson is.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Yeah if Justin or Zach said that. Man, just realized the first five QBs have the names to make up a sick boy band.

Justin, Zach, Trevor, Trey and Mac

Hard group to pick just one heartthrob who will eventually break up the band to go solo.

Lawrence is starting to give me the vibes of someone who retires at 27 to the mountains of Asheville, NC and never be bothered by anyone ever again.

But yes, I posted the same about Fields yesterday regarding these quotes.  Lots of people are giving Lawrence a pass for this though.  Far less than are calling him out for it.  

• Sympathy 1

I don’t think the quotes mean anything, but agree if Fields or Zach said that it would be a different narrative. I can already see some people here saying

“See, Zach will just retire off his Uncles Jet Blue money and live in his parents 3 car garage!”

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I love the pre-draft process where a kid that fought to play through a pandemic when he was already the #1 pick, while other top players sat out the year, is being questioned for his commitment to football. 

Overcompensating from the mothership.

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Yep, he did. He seems to want to win just at some costs.

No, he just said he doesn't have a chip on his shoulder. You are reading into it that he doesn't want to win at all costs.  Regardless, there are guys in this draft like Chase and Sewell and Parsons that didn't even bother to play this past year. Lawrence could have done the same and been the #1 pick. So clearly this notion that he doesn't want to win, at all costs, is nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im not getting the "imagine if justin fields" said this take?  

Can someone explain what that means?

Lawrence didn’t even say what they are saying lol.

And Fields is getting pent up as some sort of victim here because he may drop to the late first. Key word- may. I get it they need controversy but this is weak as hell. Riddick likes to stir the pot. His takes are generally bad.

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Unless we actually got him.  Then you would find 10 reasons why he's awful.  

nope not at all- he still would need upgrades around him but I would be thrilled with trevor which is the main reason fans last year said the miserable performance was okay as in the end we were getting trevor 

24 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Lawrence is starting to give me the vibes of someone who retires at 27 to the mountains of Asheville, NC and never be bothered by anyone ever again.

But yes, I posted the same about Fields yesterday regarding these quotes.  Lots of people are giving Lawrence a pass for this though.  Far less than are calling him out for it.  

What is there to call out?  I must be missing it.

EDIT:  Oh I see now, the post above me.  This is a "white privilege" complaint.  Now it makes sense.

• Haha 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Well Justin Fields has had his work ethic publicly questioned for about a month now.  Even though it's been disputed at every turn, it still exists and he has taking some criticism over it, even though it's been heavily disputed.  I think you can draw your own conclusions on to why that narrative might exist.

Now Lawrence comes out and gives these relatively harmless, but at minimum eyebrow raising comments, and the majority of people simply brush past it and give him kudos for how grounded he is.

Would Justin Fields get the same praise for being grounded?  Who knows, but I have a feeling he wouldn't.

What specifically did Lawrence say that was eyebrow raising?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1