Teddy Bridgewater traded to Broncos for 6th

That contract was atrocious the second they signed it - but whatever. 

I am so intrigued by what this means for the QBs. Does this signal that Denver didn't think one of the 5 would be available before 9? To get there you almost have to assume then that either Atlanta or Carolina is taking a QB and Detroit is trading out. Going to be a fun night.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I was shocked it was such a low pic. I’m guessing his contract might’ve had something to do with it

Looks like the Panthers are on the hook for 7 and the Broncos only 3 mil.  For a 6th?  That's a steal.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I am so intrigued by what this means for the QBs. Does this signal that Denver didn't think one of the 5 would be available before 9? To get there you almost have to assume then that either Atlanta or Carolina is taking a QB and Detroit is trading out. Going to be a fun night.

Elway has no clue how to manage the qb position.  He has no plan or line of reasoning which goes to show just because you played qb doesn’t mean you know how to evaluate the position 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I'm not sure it's any more complex than sitting at 9, not knowing who you're getting, and wanting to have a capable starter in place, regardless.  3M and a 6 is pittance for the assurance that your 2021 starting QB is, at worst, Teddy Bridgewater.

It wouldn't have been a bad move for the Jets to make as Jifferson Airplane points out.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I guess we're not the only team in this league who has no interest in seeing Sam Darnold have to earn his job.

I blame the CBA. You simply can't afford to sit a QB anymore because unless they're starting they won't get many meaningful reps if any to learn from as practice was watered down dramatically.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Would have been a great...bridge...QB for Wilson at the price of a 6th.

Would have been worth the sixth from us to have a legit bridge qb instead of who we're likely going to be bringing in after the draft. He's digging in deep on James Morgan as the long-term back-up so just got to hope he's actually an NFL player I guess. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I think it is a hedge.  They are giving up a 6 as a hedge in the event that none of the 5 -- or a subset of the 5 that they like, will be there.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I blame the CBA. You simply can't afford to sit a QB anymore because unless they're starting they won't get many meaningful reps if any to learn from as practice was watered down dramatically.

I get it from that aspect of practicality.  But, Darnold's not a rookie, (nor was Sanchez), when we continued to bring in late round QBs or pre-retired vets, as the only other QB in camp.  The downside of this, of course, is that if your young QB gets hurt, or, say, contracts a venereal disease, you're left with the Luke Falks of the world.  He's not a developmental QB anymore.  He's a 4th year player, if he can't beat out Bridgewater in 2021, maybe the dude just can't play?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

If Bridgewater had any say on where he was traded to, he'd far rather go to a place where he has a chance to start full time, than a place he'd at best be looking over his shoulder for the Chosen One every week.

Carolina probably wanted to do right by the guy in terms of his destination.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Teddy ain't that good but he would be better than our present back up, that being air and the awful thought of Hoyer anywhere near this team.

I just ate and now you’re reminding me I have to watch Brian Freaking Hoyer on Sunday afternoons next fall

Just now, jamesr said:

If Bridgewater had any say on where he was traded to, he'd far rather go to a place where he has a chance to start full time, than a place he'd at best be looking over his shoulder for the Chosen One every week.

Carolina probably wanted to do right by the guy in terms of his destination.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Denver is a good spot for him.  Best qb on their roster.  I thought Jeudy looked good last season with crap qbs throwing to him 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I just ate and now you’re reminding me I have to watch Brian Freaking Hoyer on Sunday afternoons next fall

dont worry you wont, there not sitting the QB we draft very long. i would be surprised by week 3 if the new QB isnt the starter

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Teddy is has limitations but he is far and away a more trustworthy QB at this point than Darnold. Great job JD in getting those picks

No team would rather have Teddy than Darnold.. stop.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

I was shocked it was such a low pic. I’m guessing his contract might’ve had something to do with it

I think that was the entire reason. He's solid and a guy I want around a rookie but his salary is too much in a down cap year. I'm wondering if this means they're out on QB or are now looking at a Lance/Fields who cam sit behind him for a year to learn. We all know Teddy is a stand up guy. I wish we kept him longer with Darnold

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Teddy ain't that good but he would be better than our present back up, that being air and the awful thought of Hoyer anywhere near this team.

Agree. Doesn't the backup QB position bother anyone? Especially with our new, delicate QB with a small frame.

Please give me Minshew or Mullins.