JAX You Have A Problem ...

KRL

Wait a second, you used a #1 pick for a "third down RB"???

Mia O'Brien@MiaOBrienTV

Urban says he sees J-Rob, Carlos Hyde as the 1-2 punch, Etienne as a third-down back.
“We wanna be Top-8 in the league... and with James Robinson, Hyde and Etienne, we think
we’re there”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I was reminded this AM on some UGA boards that when we were recruiting Lawrence, a Georgia kid, he was invited to Mark Richt's summer camp along with Jacob Eason and a 3rd HS QB who eventually unded up at North Carolina.  Brian Schottenheimer, our OC at the time was running the camp for the QBs, and apparently Lawrence felt snubbed by Schotty who was enamored with Eason, who we eventually landed.  Lawrence was the only QB to leave without an offer from UGA.  We finished as his second choice to Clemson, never overcoming the poor first impression.

It is in the past and not liely an issue today, but ironic that Lawrence's QB Coach at Jacksonville is Brian Schottenheimer.

My father used to beat that into my thick skull when I started my job interviews after college graduation....."you never get a second chance to make a first impression."?

25 minutes ago, KRL said:

Wait a second, you used a #1 pick for a "third down RB"???

Mia O'Brien@MiaOBrienTV

Urban says he sees J-Rob, Carlos Hyde as the 1-2 punch, Etienne as a third-down back.
“We wanna be Top-8 in the league... and with James Robinson, Hyde and Etienne, we think
we’re there”

I think that's more to soften the effect on the other rb's on the team most likely feeling jilted by the pick... once the season starts it'll be who's playing the best gets the ball... I expect Etienne to get plenty of touches per game. 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Lith said:

I was reminded this AM on some UGA boards that when we were recruiting Lawrence, a Georgia kid, he was invited to Mark Richt's summer camp along with Jacob Eason and a 3rd HS QB who eventually unded up at North Carolina.  Brian Schottenheimer, our OC at the time was running the camp for the QBs, and apparently Lawrence felt snubbed by Schotty who was enamored with Eason, who we eventually landed.  Lawrence was the only QB to leave without an offer from UGA.  We finished as his second choice to Clemson, never overcoming the poor first impression.

It is in the past and not liely an issue today, but ironic that Lawrence's QB Coach at Jacksonville is Brian Schottenheimer.

i'm sure schitty will have that offense humming.

JAX is pure money grabbing since landing #1. Urban is a college coach with a big reputation and won’t last. They did an average at best job in free agency. They drafted a RB at 25 to be their third down back when they have a really good RB already.

It feels like the Jags have been more focused on marketing the Lawrence pick instead of getting a worthwhile team ready for him. Trevor is in the worst situation he could have found himself in.

i think it was a dumb pick given they have robinson, who i like a lot, but i'm happier he's on jax than buffalo

and carlos hyde is not keeping him off the field.  unless urban is loyal to his former player, you'd have to be crazy to sit a talent like etienne for carlos hyde.  so i think it's lip service to his former, and now once again, player

40 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Just wait until Urban tries to run a rough and tumble "junction boys" style training camp. It's a shame he was forced to fire the racist Iowa strength coach that put 13 kids in the hospital with rhabdomyolysis.

I think he's going to be a disaster in Jacksonville, personally. He'll be faking a heart attack by week 9.

sanford and son GIF

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

I dunno If you come away with Eitenne, Lawrence, and Tevon Jenkins seems like a home run draft to me.  I think some of you are way too hung up on this value and PFF nonsense and watch too much Youtube....everyones trying to pretend they are the smartest guy in the room behind their computers.  The guys trying to build a team and groom a young QB not solve a mathematical equation. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Just wait until Urban tries to run a rough and tumble "junction boys" style training camp. It's a shame he was forced to fire the racist Iowa strength coach that put 13 kids in the hospital with rhabdomyolysis.

I think he's going to be a disaster in Jacksonville, personally. He'll be faking a heart attack by week 9.

Trevor Lawrence will be wasted in Jax under UM.  I think UM is going to be a total train wreck. 

Figure on Trevor Lawrence doing his best career work once he moves on from UM. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

I dunno If you come away with Eitenne, Lawrence, and Tevon Jenkins seems like a home run draft to me.  I think some of you are way too hung up on this value and PFF nonsense and watch too much Youtube....everyones trying to pretend they are the smartest guy in the room behind their computers.

My favorite is Joe Blewett. Rookie Cop that played high school ball doing 4 hour "Film Breakdowns" using Mike Mayock-like lingo. Don't know if its cute or insufferable. 

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

My favorite is Joe Blewett. Rookie Cop that played high school ball doing 4 hour "Film Breakdowns" using Mike Mayock-like lingo. Don't know if its cute or insufferable. 

I'm not saying PFF and analytics aren't useful and important buts it's turning large groups of people into mindless bots. value value beep bop beep no RBs in round 1 beep bop boop trade down trade down boop boop bep  lol

13 hours ago, undertow said:

QB Lawrence, RB Eitenne, CB Campbell, and OL Little.   A+ draft.

Lawrence has a good OL with Robinson and Little at the tackles.  I would have taken a receiver but Etienne is himself an excellent receiver out of the backfield that’s a pretty good 1-2 punch with him and James Robinson

now if they can get rid of that idiot Schotty

• Upvote 1