Jets select WR Elijah Moore

4 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Does also return punts and kicks?  If so I would like this pick more (no pun intended). I don't know, I think I would have gone Friermuth here.  Nothing he does really jumps out at me.  But what the heck, we needed more offense.  Just wanted maybe someone more dynamic like Dwayne Eskeridge, I take it that Rondale Moore was off the board... or I have not seen enough of him.   I guess not having those 3rd round picks reduce the options JD had.   Anywhew, WELCOME TO THE JETS!  Another weapon for Zach...

I was surprised to see a WR, but this guy has elite speed, something we havent had on this team in basically ever.

I like crowder, felt he played well here and had no problem keeping him at this cap number, but a player with Moore's speed simply changes the whole way a defense has to play and crowder, while good, does not do that.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Does also return punts and kicks?  If so I would like this pick more (no pun intended). I don't know, I am not too excited. I think I would have gone Friermuth here.  Nothing he does really jumps out at me.  But what the heck, we needed more offense.  Just wanted maybe someone more dynamic like Dwayne Eskeridge, I take it that Rondale Moore was off the board...   I guess not having those 3rd round picks reduce the options JD had.   Anywhew, WELCOME TO THE JETS!  Another weapon for Zach...

Very similar players, except Elijah's been doing it the last two years and Rondale hasn't. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Doesn't make a lot of sense to keep Crowder at that number. Moore plays the slot and can play outside. They also have Keelan Cole. I'd be shocked if Crowder was on this roster to start the year but who knows. 

Probably not worth anything in a trade either eh. That's disappointing. I wonder if we sign Poole and Sherman now. I'd be okay with both of them.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, undertow said:

People said the same thing after the Davis signing...wrong then probably wrong now.  Not sure what the obsession is with getting rid of Crowder right now.

It's not an obsession. Crowder has been a good player. It's just a numbers/salary thing.

Davis wouldn't have signaled the end of Crowder's time in New York. Crowder is a slot receiver. Davis is not. Moore could because he played the slot at Ole Miss. 

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

It was A+ til this pick now its a B+.  We needed a C or RB.  He's admitting his WR FA pick was not good.

We already have a center and I’m taking the playmaking WR>RB in Lafleurs system everyday of week

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

He’s a playmaker, not a “slot wr”... Jets have had no playmakers on this team forever and now that we’re drafting some still got people complaining ??

no, he's a slot WR. 

Felate all you want, that's still going to be a truth

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yea, 90% of them were 5 yard slants out of the slot.

Soooooo......exactly what Wilson will be throwing him come September?

D-  pick.  Good player, but we have a slot WR. awful use of draft capital

/shrug

I preferred Marshall at WR,

Who did you want, exactly?

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

It was A+ til this pick now its a B+.  We needed a C or RB.  He's admitting his WR FA pick was not good.

Who did you want? The FA WR market was top heavy and overpriced. This dude can be the deep threat WR we need. Elite speed and very good route running. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

no, he's a slot WR. 

Felate all you want, that's still going to be a truth

Crowder has no future on this team you realize that? Douglas is trying to build something long term here. Not just for next year 

• Upvote 2

Yea, 90% of them were 5 yard slants out of the slot.

D-  pick.  Good player, but we have a slot WR. awful use of draft capital

So there were no other WR out of the slot catching 5 yard slants?

He was the best in college football at it...

Great value in that spot...

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's not an obsession. Crowder has been a good player. It's just a numbers/salary thing.

Davis wouldn't have signaled the end of Crowder's time in New York. Crowder is a slot receiver. Davis is not. Moore could because he played the slot at Ole Miss. 

He's clearly not being resigned not sure why people are so anxious to get rid of a weapon tho....plus people wanted to cut Crowder and give Curtis Samuels 12 mil a year which made no sense whatsoever. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

A look at the Jets WR group and how likely each is to make the 2021 roster

LOCKS TO MAKE THE ROSTER

• xx - Corey Davis 6'3" 209 Western Michigan (WR)  - Free Agent Signing from Titans
  • xx - Keelan Cole 6'1" 194 Kentucky Wesleyan (WR)  - Free Agent Signing from Jaguars
  • 11 - Denzel Mims 6'3" 207 Baylor (WR)  (Signed Thru 2023)
  •   x - Elijah Moore  5'10" 178 Mississippi (WR) (2021 Draft Pick - 2nd Round) 

ON THE BUBBLE

• 82 - Jamison Crowder 5'9" 177 Duke (WR)  (Signed Thru 2021)  <<< RELIABLE VET WITH A HUGE CAP HIT, IF HE ISN'T TRADED, HE'S MAKING THE TEAM  ---- OK, I READ THE NUMBERS WRONG, HE'S A HUGE CAP SAVINGS IF HE IS CUT

LIKELY FIGHTING FOR ONE OR 2 SPOTS

• 10 - Braxton Berrios  5'9" 190  Miami (FL) (WR/KR)    (Signed Thru 2021)
  • 18 - Josh Doctson 6'2" 205 TCU (WR)   (2020 Opt Out)   (Signed Thru 2021)
  • 17 - Vyncint SmIth 6'3" 202 Limestone (WR)   (Re-signed Restricted Free Agent)
  • 16 - Jeff Smith 6'0" 195  Boston College   (WR)   (Re-signed Exclusive Rights Free Agent)

Berrios is probably out unless Crowder is traded and might be even then -  he played hard and made a few plays during a horribly dysfunctional period, so no disrespect to him.  Doctson is a talented and athletic guy but very inconsistent - he caught 79 passes for 8 TDs in the 2 years before COVID, so as a backup, he makes sense.  V Smith helps on Special Teams, so he might stick for that reason alone.  J Smith is fast and looked promising the few times he was given a chance, but seems like a longshot

PLEASE TURN IN YOUR PLAYBOOK

• 86 - Lawrence Cager 6'5" 215 UGA (WR) (Signed Thru 2021)
  •   1 - Jaleel Scott 6'5" 210 New Mexico State (WR) (Reserve Future Contract)
  • 83 - Josh Malone 6'3" 208 Tennessee (WR) (Reserve Future Contract)
  • 81  - DJ Montgomery 6'1" 201 Austin Peay (WR) (Reserve Future Contract)  
  • xx  - Manasseh Bailey 6'1" 195 Morgan State (WR) (Reserve Future Contract)

None of these are actually bad prospects or bad athletes, but the best case scenario is for Cager, the most promising of the bunch IMHO, and maybe one of the others to find their way back to the practice squad

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Soooooo......exactly what Wilson will be throwing him come September?

/shrug

I preferred Marshall at WR,

Who did you want, exactly?

Rondale Moore if you were going to stay or Kelvin Joseph at CB. I don't lnow what Marshalls' medical looked like but unless they were bad, i would have looked at him. 

We took calls from 3 teams to trade back. But stayed to take a Slot WR at #34. I can't dig it

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

Probably not worth anything in a trade either eh. That's disappointing. I wonder if we sign Poole and Sherman now. I'd be okay with both of them.

Yes - there has to be some type of plan for Crowder to go before the season or traded soon. 

Moore is fine as a player but right now he’s not seeing the field. Going to look pretty bad with many offensive and D guys being taken now and being full time starters. 

• Upvote 1