Jets select WR Elijah Moore

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Rondale Moore if you were going to stay or Kelvin Joseph at CB. I don't lnow what Marshalls' medical looked like but unless they were bad, i would have looked at him. 

We took calls from 3 teams to trade back. But stayed to take a Slot WR at #34. I can't dig it

Well....is what it is, I guess.  May as well embrace it.  

At least it was an offensive skill player.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

It was A+ til this pick now its a B+.  We needed a C or RB.  He's admitting his WR FA pick was not good.

A center?  Why do we "need" a center, McGovern isnt good enough?

We really need an OLB as we dont have a starter next to Mosley, but of all our "needs" center isnt one of them.

Im not saying I love the pick, but we just added an actual explosive player, which we havent had in 10+ years here, so im probably just gonna trust JD and LaFleur that they can use Moore to stretch the field and be a real weapon next to Mims and Davis

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

no, he's a slot WR. 

Felate all you want, that's still going to be a truth

Sure, but there are 2 types of slot WRs.

Crowder, who is simply too small to play outside but is shifty enough to be a good slot WR as he can get open.

And Moore, who is too small to play outside, but in addition to being shifty enough to get open is explosive enough to make big plays once he gets the ball.  I like crowder a lot but hes just more limited athletically then Moore is.  I think he can be used on jet sweeps and misdirection bubble screens - which is something we really need.

• Upvote 2

I actually like the player but I hate the pick.

Too many other needs. Prioritising a replacement for Crowder with a rookie QB is just awful. We can find a player like this down the line. 

I think Moore is pretty low risk but despite his explosiveness the ceiling is limited. He can't play on the outside, he struggles badly with press coverage. He relied heavily on pre snap movement to get free releases. He's great once he gets off the line though and will be a weapon for Wilson down the line but I just don't see it as a pressing need. Knew once we picked a WR early that Crowder was done. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Who did you want? The FA WR market was top heavy and overpriced. This dude can be the deep threat WR we need. Elite speed and very good route running. 

I wanted a legit Center and then move McGovern to RG.  Spencer ghost still abides.  You can't make a good guard a serviceable Center.

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Rondale Moore if you were going to stay or Kelvin Joseph at CB. I don't lnow what Marshalls' medical looked like but unless they were bad, i would have looked at him. 

We took calls from 3 teams to trade back. But stayed to take a Slot WR at #34. I can't dig it

One thing that’s going to get really annoying long term in my opinion is the Jets draft board is that the slightest whiff of a character concern looks like takes you off the draft board. I don’t think Kelvin Joseph was someone they are even thinking about because of it even though he’s a stud. Probably some things about Teven Jenkins soured the Jets too because they passed twice on a guy they showed interedt in during the process. 

6 minutes ago, BCJet said:

A center?  Why do we "need" a center, McGovern isnt good enough?

We really need an OLB as we dont have a starter next to Mosley, but of all our "needs" center isnt one of them.

Im not saying I love the pick, but we just added an actual explosive player, which we havent had in 10+ years here, so im probably just gonna trust JD and LaFleur that they can use Moore to stretch the field and be a real weapon next to Mims and Davis

Mosley will opt out again because he is a pu$$y.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 3

Cutting Crowder and Alex Lewis adds 15 million to salary cap immediately which can be used to fill holes with free agents - Sherman, Re-signing Brian Poole, maybe Hewitt or other LBs- that we were not able to fill in the draft.  

Douglas is building team with mind towards future with salary cap flexibility- think about it- he filled OG and Slot WR currently costing us close to 18.2 million - THINK 18.2 on a slot WR and backup OG does not make sense- but replacing with younger starters making less money for the future- its the same reason Darnold was traded- a chance to upgrade with younger, better, cheaper options while creating salary cap flexibility for now and the future- Douglas is working it!!!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I wanted a legit Center and then move McGovern to RG.  Spencer ghost still abides.  You can't make a good guard a serviceable Center.

Green from Illinois could well be around for us tomorrow. And that’s a great candidate to fill in there. Point is there are other options there. The number of WR that can do what Moore can do is pretty small.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

How is crowder not on that list? He been nothing but consistent surrounded by garbage 

He’s not a great playmaker. Come on. He’s an average WR. When he was in Washington, it was the same thing, surrounded by better talent. 

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

All respect but aren't the Moore's virtually the same height with similar roles on field?

I could see being upset because we could have traded down and probably gotten one of the Moore's (or another solid offensive player), but is your beef that we picked the wrong slot receiver named Moore?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Yes - there has to be some type of plan for Crowder to go before the season or traded soon. 

Moore is fine as a player but right now he’s not seeing the field. Going to look pretty bad with many offensive and D guys being taken now and being full time starters. 

NFL teams don`t use 4 wide formations?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, Beaver said:

This was a rivalry game and DK METCALF DID THE SAME THING THE YEAR BEFORE

Elijah Moore made a mistake. We all make mistakes. But he made the mistake. On Thanksgiving Day 2019 in Starkville, Mississippi, Moore became Bill Buckner, Jackie Smith and Chris Webber. Eternally tied to the images of their nightmare scenarios. Since that moment, everywhere the 20-year-old goes, every conversation he has, every time he posts a photo or a hype video to Instagram, his mistake is the elephant -- no, check that, the urinating dog -- in the room.

“Just working hard and changing people’s perspective on me because they don’t really know the real me,” Moore said, per ESPN. “Not even to prove to everyone else, but just to prove to myself that an action like that wasn’t myself. Just to learn from it. That’s been the best part. Having a lesson like that to be learned and to grow from it and for people to see the growth.”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

I don't understand this pick, why draft a slot receiver? Especially with the oline and running backs available 

Again, he's not exclusively a slot WR just because he's short. He's a gamebreaker. I believe he had the fastest 40 time of any WR since 2018. 

You don't seem to be familiar with him. He's a gamechanger

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I appreciate your passion.  I get your POV on this,  and personally, I hope we keep Crowder for 2021, but Moore can play.

yes, he can. Like i just, my dramatic reaction is honestly more about passing on an opportunity to trade back, which in addition to the player/position - I guess i should be used to it by now. 

• Post of the Week 1