***The Official New York Jets @ New York Giants Game Thread (7:30pm)***

Ghost

2 minutes ago, genot said:

There are things to be exited about. Wilaon showing a very live arm and quick release. The play calling, with designed rollouts, which make sense with a movile QB like Wilson. The Keenan Allen type route running of corey Davis. Team speed on defense. Im not going to get exited about Mims catching some passes against 3rd team defenders. Im not going to get exited about Perrine, who still looks slow to me. 

I would add our first team OL looks great at run blocking. They also gave Zach plenty of time.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I would add our first team OL looks great at run blocking. They also gave Zach plenty of time.

yes but remember our 1st team played there 2nd team. there backups.

but they did what they were suppose to do, pretty much dominated them. but just take it with a grain of salt.

next week will be the real test for the 1st team

Biggest takeaways

- First team, Second team, Third team, defense all got after the qb in a big way 

- Overall team looks faster, More dynamic looks like an nfl roster

- Wilson footwork+ smooth release are great traits for a rookie qb to have

-Oline held up really nicely. 

There's not a whole lot to dislike about this performance 

• Upvote 3

That was like watching lead paint peel off the wall with Bob Pappa calling the game. I like his radio call, but he is insufferably boring as a TV guy.  Zach didn't look lost, and that is as far as I am going with that. Mike White looked like a competent back up vs 2nd and 3rd teamers. Morgan did not inspire confidence. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I agree for the most part. A lot of thier starters didn't play on D. Im a little concerned about Beckton. Maybe im just a worry wort. I don't know. Lok 

19 minutes ago, genot said:

I agree for the most part. A lot of thier starters didn't play on D. Im a little concerned about Beckton. Maybe im just a worry wort. I don't know. Lok 

He was not himself. Guys were getting into his chest that he used to control easily. 

im concerned 

Edit:   I just watched the Zach roll and I’m no longer concerned. He only let 1 guy beat him and it didn’t hurt. I’m just setting the bar too high. He was very good.  It was backups, but he was fine 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

How in the world is any of that a reflection on the Adams trade?

They were all drafted while he was here.

The concept is that the GM dumped our best players to accumulate draft capital and his hit rate is low.  Maybe holding onto them would be better than letting the GM pick weak replacements.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

That was like watching lead paint peel off the wall with Bob Pappa calling the game. I like his radio call, but he is insufferably boring as a TV guy.  Zach didn't look lost, and that is as far as I am going with that. Mike White looked like a competent back up vs 2nd and 3rd teamers. Morgan did not inspire confidence. 
Potato Potaato ... I thought Morgan blew White off the roster once he settled down.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Things that stood out to me.   I think we have found two very good rookie LB'ers.

Nasirildeen (last time I'm going to use his full name.  :)  )  is going to be a beast.  IMO he'll be the starting LB.  Shepard is also playing at a very high level. If it wasn't for Nas.  he would be starting.   Great find on both of them for JD.

Mims isn't getting cut anytime soon.  :)  Guy looked great tonight

Neither is Perine.  Put the game away.  Haven't seen that in a long time.

Shame the Rutgers kid, Dwumfour, got hurt.  he was having a heck of a night.  Hope it's not serious I want to see him again.

Ballentine, and Walter had very forgettable nights.  They better hope the CS forgets.

First pre-season game, but all in all a good night

• Upvote 2