Lock Blocked. Teddy named starter in Denver

Salehery

I mean, probably the right choice for this year, but the Broncos are still a 6-7 win team in no mans land when it comes to a longterm starting QB.

Teddy is one of those upper echelon backups that is worth $8-10 million a year for a legit contender.

But why he still has a contingent calling for him to be an unquestioned starter is beyond me.

He’s a textbook gamemanger. The Panthers gave up on him 1 year into a rather sizable contract in favor of trading a 2nd, a 4th and a 6th for Darnold for f*ck sake.

Thinking about stuff like this just makes me even more excited about Wilson. At least we have legitimate hope at the position instead of steadily doggy-paddling up sh*ts creek with no shore in sight.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Probably one of the weakest game managing arms in the league right now and I'm still waiting for Robby Anderson to one day have an Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen or even Lamar Jackson type of QB with a rocket arm; because if so Robby Anderson becomes a top 5-10 WR (Sam Darnold isn't right for him either).

But I think Teddy Bridgewater could become really good for Jerry Jeudy though because of Jeudy's insane route running ability and Teddy's accuracy and you never know maybe the altitude of Mile High can have Bridgewater looking like he's got a rocket up there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Several of these posts focus on a critical issue-teams that get lured into the competent QB-the QB that gets you enough wins to never to be bad enough to be able to draft a true Franchise QB. 

The Broncos defense goes to waste on a team without a QB that can get you to the playoffs and win a game.  

I guess it worked for the Sanchez Jets and the Ravens.  the Bronco fans and Bowlens will not want to sit through a miserable team.  

One can argue that Darnold was traded a year late, but maybe JD knew he would result in the highest 2021 draft pick.  

I think the Jets have it right now with how they are developing their offense and defense.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Probably one of the weakest game managing arms in the league right now and I'm still waiting for Robby Anderson to one day have an Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen or even Lamar Jackson type of QB with a rocket arm; because if so Robby Anderson becomes a top 5-10 WR (Sam Darnold isn't right for him either).

But I think Teddy Bridgewater could become really good for Jerry Jeudy though because of Jeudy's insane route running ability and Teddy's accuracy and you never know maybe the altitude of Mile High can have Bridgewater looking like he's got a rocket up there. 

**** robby anderson

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The thing is, if anyone wanted Robby that bad they would go get Robby. He’s not expensive either in contract or probably as trade value. 

Doesn’t make any sense to me unless you are finally giving up on Lock.  Should have given the kid the starting job, see if he could do something with it, and go from there.  Wasn’t that the reason for passing on Fields/any available QB in the draft?

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I mean, probably the right choice for this year, but the Broncos are still a 6-7 win team in no mans land when it comes to a longterm starting QB.

Teddy is one of those upper echelon backups that is worth $8-10 million a year for a legit contender.

But why he still has a contingent calling for him to be an unquestioned starter is beyond me.

He’s a textbook gamemanger. The Panthers gave up on him 1 year into a rather sizable contract in favor of trading a 2nd, a 4th and a 6th for Darnold for f*ck sake.

Thinking about stuff like this just makes me even more excited about Wilson. At least we have legitimate hope at the position instead of steadily doggy-paddling up sh*ts creek with no shore in sight.

Would rather swing and miss with young QBs on the chance we eventually hit than start a Bridgewater or Fitzpatrick any day of the week.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, Wit said:

He’s another placeholder for Watson or Rodgers. He’s basically FITZ. 

Interesting thought. You are likely right about that. Personally I would not start him. I am just all against settling for mediocrity. In the NFL if you take a big risk and fail completely, you have the safety blanket of draft picks and being high on the waiver wire. People never talk about how powerful being high on the waiver wire can be. The Jets are 2nd in line for any of the good players released on cut down day, with no limit. Would not be unreasonable to think we could pick up a starting caliber TE and G and maybe even a high upside edge prospect that a team tries to sneak onto their PS

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Gotta think they’ve something lined up with Rodgers or Watson.

Teddy is decent, I think of he’s the best guy he should play. Not really getting the backlash. Lock has shown nothing. 

If Elway was still GM I would agree as he seemed more interested in luring in a high profile vet QB than finding and grooming a young QB. Maybe the new GM will take a different approach but Elway sucked at evaluating QBs and always made late first/second round QB picks that didn't pan out trying to find value instead of moving up to take more obvious talent. Unless you're right and the Broncos land Rodgers or Watson, they are probably stuck in the QB wasteland of picking up other teams' leftovers and lousy picks until they decide to spend it all to move up in the draft.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Untouchable said:

And now in Denver hes going to be throwing dying duck passes in cold windy weather.  He's aged by time and injury and had a hard time getting the ball downfield in Carolina.  

18 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Glad to see teams other than the Jets reaching for mediocrity.

Sorry, when did we achieve mediocrity recently?

I'd also say drafting this many QB's this high over this period of time was "reaching" for more than mediocrity, but reaching poorly with tyrannosaurus arms leads to not grabbing that ring.

2021 - Wilson 1st Round, #2 Overall 

2020 - Morgan 4th Round

2018 - Darnold 1st Round, #3 Overall

2016 - Hackenberg 2nd Round, #53 Overall

2015 - Petty 4th Round

2014 - Boyd 6th Round

2013 - Smith 2nd Round, #39 Overall

2009 - Sanchez 1st Round, #5 Overall

TLDR:  We should never mock anyone else for their QB decisions with a track record like this, lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

Not a big Teddy guy but he’s better than Fitz

So you're saying Teddy is a top 10 QB? 

Because you've told me multiple times that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a top 10 NFL starting Quarterback.

So you've got both Fitzpatrick and Bridgewater as two of your top 10 NFL QBs? 

Which other 8 QBs do you have in your top 10 because I'd love to see your top 10 QB list.  

1.) Teddy Bridgewater. 

2.) Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

3.) ___

4.) ___

5.) ___

6.) ___

7.) ___

8.) ___

9.) ___

10.) __

I'm seriously excited for you top 10 QB list dude @Albaniajet because I have no idea who else you're going to include. 

On 8/25/2021 at 6:22 PM, Untouchable said:

We’ve been doggy-paddling up that sh*ts creek since Sanchize. Or Namath, depending on your definition of doggy-paddling. 

This makes passing on Fields/Jones all the more questionable. They were in a prime position with two legit QB prospects, and obvious uncertainty in their own QB room. 

It's 2021 ffs. You don't play it cute when you don't have a long term QB option, and are in a great position to solve it. Especially with the young QB boom of the last 5 years. This gives me heavy Jamal at 6 vibes,

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

So you're saying Teddy is a top 10 QB? 

Because you've told me multiple times that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a top 10 NFL starting Quarterback.

So you've got both Fitzpatrick and Bridgewater as two of your top 10 NFL QBs? 

Which other 8 QBs do you have in your top 10 because I'd love to see your top 10 QB list.  

1.) Teddy Bridgewater. 

2.) Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

3.) ___

4.) ___

5.) ___

6.) ___

7.) ___

8.) ___

9.) ___

10.) __

I'm seriously excited for you top 10 QB list dude @Albaniajet because I have no idea who else you're going to include. 

Fitz is a top 1 QB

6 hours ago, Grandy said:

This makes passing on Fields/Jones all the more questionable. They were in a prime position with two legit QB prospects, and obvious uncertainty in their own QB room. 

It's 2021 ffs. You don't play it cute when you don't have a long term QB option, and are in a great position to solve it. Especially with the young QB boom of the last 5 years. This gives me heavy Jamal at 6 vibes,

Fields is going to suck.  Do not buy into the hype because he made plays facing guys who will be flipping burgers next month

20 hours ago, Warfish said:

Sorry, when did we achieve mediocrity recently?

I'd also say drafting this many QB's this high over this period of time was "reaching" for more than mediocrity, but reaching poorly with tyrannosaurus arms leads to not grabbing that ring.

2021 - Wilson 1st Round, #2 Overall 

2020 - Morgan 4th Round

2018 - Darnold 1st Round, #3 Overall

2016 - Hackenberg 2nd Round, #53 Overall

2015 - Petty 4th Round

2014 - Boyd 6th Round

2013 - Smith 2nd Round, #39 Overall

2009 - Sanchez 1st Round, #5 Overall

TLDR:  We should never mock anyone else for their QB decisions with a track record like this, lol.

Listen, I get it, but consider the following. Based on the implications of your conclusion, if we as Jets fans have to consider our track record of failure before we can tease anyone about anything, we might as well call this the No Fun Forum.