Bless Released

HawkeyeJet

9 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

JD has gotten a major pass from most of this fan base.   But as I said a few weeks ago, he's in for some rumblings if we put up another 11, 12, 13 loss season.  Especially if the defense looks like a clown act, the O line looks feeble, and we're constantly getting blown out.

No, I think he'll be judged mainly on the performance of the offense, because that's what he's prioritized since he's been here. I imagine next draft and off-season is when he'll start to focus more on the defensive side of the ball.

• Upvote 2

I guess the question of whether our cuts are mistakes are if they are picked up by any one of the other 31 teams.  If they are not why would we be upset that the Jets didn't hold onto them.  It's gonna be a season of growth with a bunch of pain mixed in.  I'm expecting the team to play very hard, stick together during tough times, and hopefully see some development from guys like Wilson, Elijah Moore, AVT, and Bechton.  This year was offense next year we have plenty of ammo to fix the holes on defense.   The team JD inherited was a colossal mess 10 years in the making.  Letting Mac run that last draft really cost us a year on our rebuild because that guy has to go down as one of the all-time worst personnel men in recent memory and the fact that he was obviously on board with the Gase hiring was the kerosene on top of the dumpster fire he created.

• Upvote 2

They released him for a reason, not just because he's a Mac pick.

My guess, they are going with a youth movement and want to keep the people with the most upside. 

Saleh believes he can teach anyone - so he wants guys with the most potential.  They know what they have in him...would rather go young and see if they can make one of the young guys special.

Seriously, JD isn't trying to win this year.  Y'all better get used to it.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Albaniajet said:

Our next GM after JD is really amazing.  He came from the [insert whoever the hot head coach] tree and he’s not going to listen to the Johnson Bros when they try to meddle

8F6B6EC3-6E88-48E0-8710-72638E19DB16.jpeg

"And in keeping with the storied NY Jets tradition, he will be a first time GM who has impressed the search committee enormously with his acumen as director of player personnel."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

They released him for a reason, not just because he's a Mac pick.

My guess, they are going with a youth movement and want to keep the people with the most upside. 

Saleh believes he can teach anyone - so he wants guys with the most potential.  They know what they have in him...would rather go young and see if they can make one of the young guys special.

Seriously, JD isn't trying to win this year.  Y'all better get used to it.  

Feels like the Dexter McDougle thing all over again. The horror! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, munchmemory said:

The worst.  A complete idiot with the personality and public speaking skills of decomposing fecal matter.

I honestly don’t know who you are talking about because that post describes our last 4 GMs, 2 head coaches before Saleh and Owner and the Owner’s even dumber kid bro

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

I'll give Saleh credit, he's not scared of playing young players.  We basically
have a "nursery" at CB this year

"Not scared" is not really strong enough. He WANTs to develop and play the young corners. It will be a bumpy road but in the end our core will be stronger. It is pretty bold. Tells me that maybe they think the offense will be better than even the green glasses johnnysds of the world.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

That's fair but dont discount what you can see with your own two eyes on the game tape. 

Pre-season games are played with vanilla schemes and with a hodgepodge of different player combinations. To use pre-season game film as a criteria for player evaluation is a stretch as best. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

If this defense isn’t bottom 5 in football Saleh is a miracle worker 

Points or yards? I think it will be a very bend don't break defense and will improve as the season goes on. We will need Zach to lift the team up and outscore people. Funny thing is I think we will still be offense heavy at the top of the next draft too.