Bless Released

HawkeyeJet

4 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

The Jets are absolutely committed to making Isaiah Dunn happen...for some reason. 

I cannot fathom what they are seeing that we as fans are not. 

That guy was terrible every single time he stepped on the field this offseason.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Like it or hate it(I’m actually indifferent on this particular move) I absolutely love that JD and Saleh have zero issue with cutting bait now with people who they don’t think are really part of the solution.  

Stop it with the good posts this week.  I can't keep giving you rep, at least not this week.

• Haha 4

C'mon guys, let's look at things logically.  

The Jets brought in a bunch of corners.  

It sure looked to me that there was going to be an all-out-war for roster spots and starting jobs.   So I cannot say I am surprised that the other shoe has dropped.  But . . .

I confess to being stunned at this turn of events.    The knocks on Bless coming out of college were based on his injury history and his lack of core strength.  Ourlads clearly pointed out that he needed to develop his body better to withstanding the rigors of the NFL.  Well, he did that.  This is what he looked like coming into last year's training camp:

image.jpeg.87dfd2dd5e63b4a4497cfd0189f109e3.jpeg

He hits like a freight train.  He has been completely healthy and there is no doubt about his professionalism.  Just look at that photo. 

I see so much potential.  To cut him in favor of rookies whose professionalism is ALWAYS in doubt until they pull a "Bless Austin" strikes me as unwise.  We should have at least seen how the kids held up in regular season games. 

But we knew there were likely consequences to the Jets front office decisions during the draft.  When they loaded up on corners we all saw the writing on the wall.  We knew the Jets would not be carrying eight corners.  It was too unrealistic.  I said it myself. 

So the NYC kid who went to Rutgers is the odd man out.  Odd.  I wish him luck.  I would call for him to be added to the practice squad, but he is not going to clear waivers. 

Congratulations to Pinnock, Dunn, MC2 and Echols for their success and welcome to the green.  I think it is clear - based on playing time and the tea leaves - that Echols is the new starting corner and the Jets' statements that he is ready to go were honest.  Echols did have one hell of a camp.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Like it or hate it(I’m actually indifferent on this particular move) I absolutely love that JD and Saleh have zero issue with cutting bait now with people who they don’t think are really part of the solution.  

Jabari Zuniga says hi

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Grandy said:

At first glance, our CB's may be the worst positional group we've put on the field in years. However with a bunch of young prospects, it's bound to be exciting in some way. Hope they can develop so we end up with a couple sticking as legit players.

Our secondary went from crappy to dumpster fire

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I agree actually, our RBs are well below average as a group. That said, Shanahan system takes nobody RBs and makes them effective. We’ll see if it works here.

I think our RB group is low on the list of things to complain about. Just seemed odd to lump it in with the TE group.

• Upvote 1

I like it. Bless was the typical Jet that gets overrated by the fans for little to nothing. The Jets used to hold onto guys like that forever. That we didn't see it coming is also good. We used to be able to call front office moves like a schotty 4 yard curl on 3rd and 10...

28 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

You still don't cut the guy who was projected as your starter.  You cut a bottom roster guy.

Maybe Bless was the bottom guy in the eyes of the staff. No more getting by because you've been sitting on your ass longer than the new guy as if this is some half ass union and seniority means more than production.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Pac said:

This pass D is gonna get lit the f up.

I hope our neophyte QB is ready to pass the ball 45 times a game.

thats what i said at the draft when i wanted a CB either with the 2nd 1st rd pick or our 2nd rd pick. but everybody wanted offense. ok fine. but when Zach has to pass 40-45 times a game you put that kid in more situations with an obvious bullseye on his head. and no teams OL can protect the QB for constant blitzing because we are always behind. 

• Upvote 2

I thought Saleh hinted in a press conference that Guidry and/or Carter they were really impressed with and could see time outside. He was answering questions quickly, but he was getting to that point and got cut off. After the Eagles game I think. So maybe that's an option. Although I could have heard him wrong. 

They could always be considering a veteran as well. 

• Sympathy 1