Bless Released

HawkeyeJet

38 minutes ago, doitny said:

thats what i said at the draft when i wanted a CB either with the 2nd 1st rd pick or our 2nd rd pick. but everybody wanted offense. ok fine. but when Zach has to pass 40-45 times a game you put that kid in more situations with an obvious bullseye on his head. and no teams OL can protect the QB for constant blitzing because we are always behind. 

Or, maybe they plan on controlling the clock with a strong run game. If a team is constantly blitzing then you beat them with plays that take advantage of blitzing (the key is having a QB who can read it pre-snap and hit the hot route). They could also go bend but don't break on D. Teams may move up and down the field, whether they get TDs or not will be a different story. Also, an upgraded pass rush will go a long way if that materializes. Plus, who know, maybe the young secondary take their lumps, grow, and surprise us. As much as everyone wants to win I think most people probably have realistic expectations in a year with a new staff, new QB, new O, and a new D. Is the secondary going to get lit up? Yeah, there will be moments and games where it could get ugly. Good thing we have plenty of high picks to draft with next year. Or would we be better losing 24-9 constantly with Z-dub on his back because he has no oline talent in front of him and jags to throw to? You're also assuming the Jets will always be behind. Even if the Jets had a good D if the O sucks they'll be behind anyway.

5 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Well Mac WAS an upgrade over Idzik. So what does that tell you about those two?

Macc sold ownership a bill of goods for him to have been around for so long. As bad as Idzik was, he may have accidentally done better than Macc if he was around for three more years. In Idzik's defense, and I rarely defend him, his 12 pick draft fell in a year with a weak draft class. If you look at the players drafted after his picks, there aren't many upgrades. 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Pre-season games are played with vanilla schemes and with a hodgepodge of different player combinations. To use pre-season game film as a criteria for player evaluation is a stretch as best. 

Yet that's exactly what the pre season is for? Evaluation. So not sure where you're going there. 

If all it is, is vanilla schemes in the preseason, and he looked terrible, god help us when it's a complex scheme. 

11 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Idzik actually cleared the cap, but clearly sucked at drafting. So I give him credit for that.

Coffee Boy did what? Waste picks?

I think Idzik, despite how pathetic he was in the draft room, was better than Coffee Boy.

Idzik did a good job with the books, and did a good job accumulating picks, he just drafted poorly,

Mac drafted poorly, but also signed horrible contracts that still have dead money on the books 2 years later.

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, JazzyJet said:

Hubris could be this man's downfall. He has gone against almost every single standard convention as if he's above it all. Here's to hoping he's really a genius and/or the rules don't apply to him.

We know Bless Austin isn’t good.  Why not give the reps to Echols or Pinnock, who have shown that they, as rookies, are not a drop off in terms of coverage ability.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, JazzyJet said:

Hubris could be this man's downfall. He has gone against almost every single standard convention as if he's above it all. Here's to hoping he's really a genius and/or the rules don't apply to him.

Yeah, because "standard convention" is why the Jets have won so much. I'm thrilled Saleh isn't a follower as fortune favors the bold. By the way, there are no "rules". The great ones make it up as they go. Rules are guidelines for those who can't figure it out themselves.

• Upvote 2