Jets with 2 top 5 picks

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32133086/simulating-2021-nfl-season-projecting-285-games-biggest-storylines-super-bowl-winner?device=featurephone

ESPN ran some simulations and has Carolina picking number 1 and we getting two top 5 picks because Seattle falls apart this year and has wins like the Jets. As long as we compete, Zach develops and a couple of other rookies shine, I can’t say I would be disappointed at all.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32133086/simulating-2021-nfl-season-projecting-285-games-biggest-storylines-super-bowl-winner?device=featurephone

ESPN ran some simulations and has Carolina picking number 1 and we getting two top 5 picks because Seattle falls apart this year and has wins like the Jets. As long as we compete, Zach develops and a couple of other rookies shine, I can’t say I would be disappointed at all.

Thatd be great, as we'd also have two top 5 picks in the 2nd

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  Russel wilson puts up 10 wins in his sleep.

So unless russ get knocked out for the year in the first few week, our pick from seattle will be around 23.

I agree Seattle is a long shot to be that bad, but this isn't tennis.  Wilson doesn't win or lose, the team does. This recent emphasis on QB wins and losses in the NFL is absurd. I understand that it is by far the most important position in the game, but there is a reason rosters have 53 players.  Why did Houston stink last season when Watson had a great season?  Herbert had perhaps the best rookie season for a QB in history and the Chargers won 7 games.  The Rams went to the SB with Goff.  It's not all about the QB.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

45 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

Number 1 ESPN still licks NE's nuts and they have the Jaguars and Saints going to the playoffs and winning a game in the playoffs.

I would put more stock into DWC's rap album than this occuring.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

True and the history is actually pretty amazing.

However...

This is perhaps the first time that all three of the other teams in the NFCW look to be very good at the same time.  There are no cupcakes there.  If Russ is healthy, it's hard to project less than 8 wins, but I don't see an easy path to the playoffs for them this year.

That’s a good point. I highly doubt they tank as bad as the simulator. However, they have been having a lot of drama this year as well, and they still haven’t extended their LT who Wilson wants the team to extend. Add in the tough division, this maybe the year Seattle misses the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

If this really happened (not counting on it), we would have the 1st and 4th picks in the second round. It would be draft day nirvana. 

Nope. In that situation (5 teams tied at 5-12) they'd have the 3rd and 5th picks of the 2d round.

I'm gonna go ahead and say the Jets' own pick will be in the 8-16 range

• Upvote 1

So it is impossible for russel wilson to A get hurt when he gets smacked more than any other Qb in the league and b not have the team fall apart around him.

One year ago deshaun watson lead the league in passing and the houston pick was #3 overall.

Seattles oline is still shaky, they are playing in a killer div with the other teams all improving, Stars like metcalfe started to have melt downs at the end of the year.  They had no draft picks and they just paid Jamal a huge cap slice.

The Seahawks are just a house of cards that could easily fall off the cliff.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

Cool, at what point do we get to celebrate playoff wins instead of top 5 picks?

6 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Cool, at what point do we get to celebrate playoff wins instead of top 5 picks?

For me, I’m giving the team a pass on W-L record this year with new coaching and players, and not being able to fill so many holes in one offseason. With all the draft capital and cap space, if the Jets aren’t playoff contenders next year, then there is something wrong with the JD/Saleh experiment. 

21 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

We will see. He lost a step last year and Seattle has a worse team around him. This is a team that could definitely fall off the map 

Division isn’t great.  Cardinals are kind of a similar team, mobile QB with a stud WR and no defense.  A lot of people think the rams will be good this year I dunno.

I think Lance’s preseason was ridiculously overrated.  If Jimmy G gets hurt, which he will, lance as a raw rook gets exposed

2 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

Division isn’t great.  Cardinals are kind of a similar team, mobile QB with a stud WR and no defense.  A lot of people think the rams will be good this year I dunno.

I think Lance’s preseason was ridiculously overrated.  If Jimmy G gets hurt, which he will, lance as a raw rook gets exposed

What the heck are you talking about?  Division isn't great?

Zona is still on the upswing, Rams are in the cnvo for supre bowl and SF was decimated by injuries last year and are healthier.

That might be the best div in the NFL.