OT 20 years ago....

freestater

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I taught my 5th grade students today about 9/11. I asked them prior to the lesson if they ever heard of it and not a single hand went up. 

Crazy. What's 5th grade? 10 years old? I mean, it's understandable. Honestly I think I'm glad they aren't burdened with that knowledge, especially at that age. It just really underscores how something still so prescient can be so long ago. To put it in Jets terms, we're talking Herm Edwards' first year as HC. When I think of it that way, it seems so long ago. But in respect to that day, it seems like just a few fleeting moments ago. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, freestater said:

I'm watching a documentary on CBS about the intelligence community leading up to the attack. I really can't believe how its affecting me. 20 years on, and I'm crying like the day it happened. Its amazing how some things can get seared into your mind, your soul. I can only imagine its much like those who remember Pearl Harbor or the assassination of John F. Kennedy. 20 years. Simply unreal. 

Same.

• Upvote 1

Me and a whole lot of others joined up right after that. Today I get to help support military families for a job, tomorrow we are sending over 4000 care packages to troops deployed right now all over the world. #neverforget

thanks to you all.
peace.
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, freestater said:

Crazy. What's 5th grade? 10 years old? I mean, it's understandable. Honestly I think I'm glad they aren't burdened with that knowledge, especially at that age. It just really underscores how something still so prescient can be so long ago. To put it in Jets terms, we're talking Herm Edwards' first year as HC. When I think of it that way, it seems so long ago. But in respect to that day, it seems like just a few fleeting moments ago. 

I would normally agree with this until you here what is being taught to 5th graders today and then you just shake your head 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1