Just now, Green DNA said:
break·out
/ˈbrākˌout/

adjective

• 1.suddenly and extremely popular or successful
  •  

Not really making the connection here.

it also means:

a forcible escape, especially from prison.

"a prison breakout"

an outbreak.

"a breakout of hostilities"

The word 'breakout' has multiple meanings. I doubt your definition is what OP was talking about

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know it's just 1 pass and it was completed (for a 1st down) but it really bugs me that Zach isn't hitting guys in stride on passes like these.  The RB almost fell down.

Zach Throws Behind RB.gif

I can go around the NFL for just about every QB every week and find a throws like thatt, high throws etc.  Heck, Pat Mahomes had like 3 or 4 of them last night.

I'm not saying he doesn't need to get better...He absolutely does..I'm not even saying his ball placement has been good.  It hasn't.

But throws like that happen to all of them - just far too many for Zach right now.  He's getting better.  He's still rushing and his footwork isn't where it needs to be - he'll get there.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know it's just 1 pass and it was completed (for a 1st down) but it really bugs me that Zach isn't hitting guys in stride on passes like these.  The RB almost fell down.

Zach Throws Behind RB.gif

He's getting there quicker, but still not quick enough. I really think this speaks to how quickly he's processing. If he speeds that up a notch he can deliver a more accurate pass here.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Super weird. I think most everyone is generally pleased with Zach’s improvement yesterday, but now The Cult of Zach is mad that you point out he was underwhelming in the second half. They only want the “good” throws to count and the bad throws to be the fault of anyone else. 

Defending Zack means trashing the OL, weapoinz, coaches, OC, training staff, JD, ownership. But we're the sad sack pessimistic losers, right?

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's interesting that you (and many others) have vastly less patience with a semi-proven guy (Davis) who has a vastly better pro-production resume than Zach. 

Davis gets no pass on his injuries or his drops at all, seems many here think he's unsalvageable. 

Why does the "patience" meme Zach and Saleh and Mims get not also apply to Davis, who is equally new in this system and on this team and with this QB, the same way it applies to Wilson?  Maybe Davis and the other receivers need time to adjust to Zach's ballistic ducks, short-throws and behind them throws too?  Also interesting that the WR's get no credit for the balls they've saved from INT's and incompletions because Zach was inaccurate, and there have been quite a few of those too.

I just find the selective nature of the "patience" meme very interesting, because it looks like it's primarily about defending Zach, not about actually having patience for the team as a whole to sort itself out.

See above.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Actually not really , Jones is a system QB with physical limitations. It just happens that he's a great system for his skillset. 

Wilson has all the tools to become a great QB , he just needs to evolve with more reps. 

Without googling it, name one of Mac Jones’ top three receivers.

1 minute ago, Hex said:

it also means:

a forcible escape, especially from prison.

"a prison breakout"

an outbreak.

"a breakout of hostilities"

The word 'breakout' has multiple meanings. I doubt your definition is what OP was talking about

Maybe the breakout of hostilities in the locker room?  The prison break doesn't apply as Wilson isn't eligible for free agency.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Green DNA said:
break·out
/ˈbrākˌout/

adjective

• 1.suddenly and extremely popular or successful

Not really making the connection here.

I wouldn't call it a breakout game either.  I do think one is coming though.  Probably not against the Saints, but as my fiance is a Saints fan I watch a lot of their games and their defense can definitely play terribly for long stretches even though they are generally considered to be pretty good.  So we'll see.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He's getting there quicker, but still not quick enough. I really think this speaks to how quickly he's processing. If he speeds that up a notch he can deliver a more accurate pass here.

Yes, I think he's thinking too much still and working on getting the ball out faster (which he is) and because of that his footwork is lacking - so these throws are off a bit.

As things slow down - he'll be able to relax more and his footwork will clean up.  Once that happens, this problematic ball placement will naturally just clean itself up.

Honestly, Zach is more raw than I thought - but he's a hard working kid with an immense amount of talent - It's going to take time - and the Jets are going to give it to him.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Where it really seemed to unravel, and I forgot the actual time in the game that this occurred, was when there was a 3 step drop, and the ball needed come out, and instead he tried to whirl around and a rusher was right on him, and he took the sack. 

He has GOT to know when a play is not there and cut his losses. he is pressing way too much.

It just seemed after that brain lock, everything fell part and he was second guessing himself, rather than flowing.

The one play that drove me nuts in the 2nd half is where he steps up from the pocket, but instead of making a decision to run or unload the ball he just froze. I think it was the play that Lofton thought he may have wanted to try the the pitch again to the RB. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Green DNA said:

Maybe the breakout of hostilities in the locker room?  The prison break doesn't apply as Wilson isn't eligible for free agency.

Haha, very funny

Probably a breakout from his prison of sucking really badly. Now he only sucks a little bit

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

And he was 5 of 7 on the last meaningless drive w/ under 2 minutes.   So, he was 6 for 17 w/ a pick and no scores when they absolutely had to have answer. Strange that people are going these distances to defend his 2nd half.  He was terrible but whatevs, at least we saw a good first half and I think he's just pressing when he knows it's on him to answer.  He's just not ready for that type of pressure, clearly and I'm sure in the back of his mind he knows that he has to score because his D cant stop a nose-bleed.

He also seemed to be in a rhythm in the first half whereas in the second the Eagles dominated time of possession so badly they were probably a bit off.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Without googling it, name one of Mac Jones’ top three receivers.

Kendrick Bourne. The thing is in the Pats system , they just plug in pieces . They all do their jobs , know where to be and hold like their lives depended on it w/o getting caught.  The Jets by far have better wr's than NE .

• Upvote 2

Zach Wilson breaks out of wet paper bag. The fragments immediately shrink wrap over his nose and mouth and he chokes out. Jets fans rejoice.

(This is a joke I don't want Zach to, like, literally die to be proven right on a messageboard.)

17 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Agree with most of that but I still think ball placement leaves a lot to be desired.

Agreed. Elijah had some sticky hands and made some amazing catches to bail him out. Zach missed two big big throws in the game that were on him to hit that could have been huge. First half looked the way I thought this team should look and it was fun. 

12 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Agree with most of that but I still think ball placement leaves a lot to be desired.

Agreed. While Zach did improve with ball placement, I can give you 4 or 5 examples of when the receiver either had to reach to catch it or didn't catch it altogether but tried to reach, including that INT.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Is it?

Wilson has played 7 complete games in the NFL. You are arguing we should have more patience with a guy who was drafted in 2017? Wilson was 18 years old when Corey Davis came into the league.

I'm genuinely fascinated by this perspective. 

You don’t think the QB and system we’re having patience with doesn’t have an effect on the WR? Or his injuries?