Rest ??????

FA
D Adams Wr
B Sherff. G
H reddick. Edge

Keep Moses & Fant

Feasible???????

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Somebody else will scoop up Adams first. I also don't think our OL is such a bit need to use our top 2 picks on them. We need a defensive player. Fant and Moses are must-signs, though. McGovern has played pretty well, no need for a new center in my opinion. I think the Jets need to pick a TE higher than 5th if there's a good one available.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

1 st pick Neal OT
2 Nd pick Linderbaum C
3 rd pick Pickens WR
4 th pick Harris LB
5 th pick Ruckert. TE
6 th pick. Harrison
Rest ??????

FA
D Adams Wr
B Sherff. G
H reddick. Edge

Keep Moses & Fant

Feasible???????

No.....No....And No.  If we use our two first round picks on Neal and Linderbaum, I will first get you fired, THEN JD.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

1 st pick Neal OT
2 Nd pick Linderbaum C
3 rd pick Pickens WR
4 th pick Harris LB
5 th pick Ruckert. TE
6 th pick. Harrison
Rest ??????

FA
D Adams Wr
B Sherff. G
H reddick. Edge

Keep Moses & Fant

Feasible???????

Have you watch this defense? You want to use 2 top picks on the offensive line lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Have you watch this defense? You want to use 2 top picks on the offensive line lol

We do need D I get it. Jets get back Lawson next year and acquire Reddick in FA If Jets protect Zack with that wish line and get D Adams along with Carter & Moore in their 2 Nd years. We may have a very good offense plus year 2 of defensive scheme. Hopefully they will be better stopping the run

For the Jets first pick, it depends how high it is:

If we can get one of the Edges, I would that.  Otherwise take Neal-OT.

For the second 1st round pick we need an impact WR, if we are unable to sign one in FA.  Otherwise plenty of needs.

The Jets basically have zero NFL grade back up OL-so at this point I would extend Fant and McGovern while we have bargaining power, and depending upon whether we are picking Neal, try to resign Moses.   The Jets need to check off positions.

Jarrod Davis was one of the best off ball LBs available, and he cost like $6mm.  I would spend the 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks on S, LB, CB, TE and RB.  We need like 8 of them, and there are only 4 picks.   So JD should be aggressive with FA TE, WR and RG so we can check those off and then try and draft the others.  

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

and yet we offer some happy endings and we can get DeShaun Watson for a 1st in 2022 and 1st in 2023 and Denzel Mims.

I’m very concerned with the coaching staff right now. If they can’t develop and teach young players, it doesn’t matter how good we draft. 

• Upvote 1

Free agency - JC Jackson, Gesicki, Mike Williams, Marcus Williams

Draft - Hutchinson or Thibadeaux, Linderbaum, trade both 2s to move back into the first for Nakobe Dean

Let’s push our chips into the table, Joe Douglas… it’s been a while since it looked like we were trying to win now

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

and yet we offer some happy endings and we can get DeShaun Watson for a 1st in 2022 and 1st in 2023 and Denzel Mims.

I can see this happening and have no doubt that this would lead to the most wins in the next four years.

He has huge money guaranteed as of early 2022 for 2023 so the Texans will move him before then. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

The defense needs some star power but it's a little easier to pay for defensive players in FA which makes drafting offensive starters generally the better move. The team has the money to throw around in FA and they can pay a premium for a few years of defensive starters and draft defensive depth in later rounds. Once the team develops a bench of future replacements they can let those FAs go and maintain the bench. IMO improving the defensive coaching would be a huge upgrade to performance across the board. The scheme and lack of in-game adjustments shine a spotlight on every weakness in the roster. 

Wilson is certainly coming back next year and he needs as much protection and time as he can get so the OL has to be a priority for the offseason. It's great if Becton comes back but they need a solid line and depth that isn't there yet. They can bring in all the receivers and runners they can find but if Wilson can't get the ball out or a runner doesn't have a hole then it doesn't really matter. If JD can shore up the OL in FA I'm all for it. Either way, if Wilson keeps running for his life half the time this team isn't going to get close to .500. 

• Sympathy 1

51 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

The defense needs some star power but it's a little easier to pay for defensive players in FA which makes drafting offensive starters generally the better move.

The thing about FA is that it is Free Agency.  Players can play where they want. 

So I agree that it will be hard to get offensive FA to sign with the Jets until they prove that Wilson or someone else can play QB.  Otherwise all of their stats will stink and players will not get a next contract.

On defense I think Saleh and Ulbrich have decent, it not overrated, reputations.

So my dream of signing Godwin, etc. is somewhat unrealistic. The OL could be presuaded to extend or play out their last year unprotected.  Maybe Berrios’ girlfriend wants him to play here.  

This team needs a lot of draft picks, who are basically told where to play.