2022 Jets FA signings (Merged)

Bringing back Shepherd genuinely annoys me. I don’t care how little we paid or how good a character he is in the locker room - He was absolutely awful last year and there should be accountability for such sh*t. You have to have some standards. The only noteworthy moments he had were crippling penalties. 

Awful.

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

I hope so, that would be great.  Just not seeing any real evidence of it in the facts. 

Getting alot of "well, the eye test" type replies, which says alot. 

Our Fans think he'll be a big upgrade, but aren't really pointing to how beyond intangibles and unmeasurables, lol.  

Guess we'll see.  I hope you all are right.

The Jets have soured me so much that I'm now liking most of your posts, lol

• Haha 2

Fatty, Maye, and Moses all signed 3 year deals with other teams. Does that mean we'll finally be eligible for comp picks next year?

Sent from my SM-G930V using JetNation.com mobile app

I doubt it. We also signed 4 FAs. Uzomah, Tomlinson, Reed and Whitehead. We have signed more than we lost, so as of now we are not likely to get comp pick next year.
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Fixed?  

The realistic posters aren’t expecting a 2015-16 Leicester City, we just want to see improvement.  

It looks like JD knows what he is doing, it’s OK to drop the cynicism for a little while.  

Never suggested it would not be better 

17 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Who is stopping the run up the middle?  Me? 

The Jets had an all time bad defense last year.  2 players solve everything?  And they lost a tackle. This is not fixed

All i am saying is that this defense was historically bad.  They need to get to average before anything else

Did you expect every single area of need to be fixed in one FA spree?

How about spending time commenting on all the areas JD addressed and improved this week instead of complaining while FA hasn’t finished we have so many high picks left to use on the draft. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Did you expect every single area of need to be fixed in one FA spree?

How about spending time commenting on all the areas JD addressed and improved this week instead of complaining while FA hasn’t finished we have so many high picks left to use on the draft. 

Some people just love to be miserable.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Suffering since 77 said:

Fatty, Maye, and Moses all signed 3 year deals with other teams. Does that mean we'll finally be eligible for comp picks next year?

Sent from my SM-G930V using JetNation.com mobile app

No, because we've brought in Whitehead, Uzomah, Tomlinson and Reed as FAs - we still have more qualifying FA gains than qualifying FA losses, so no comp pick. We'd need to lose 2 more qualifying FAs (without signing any other UFAs from other teams). Unlikely, but maybe someone decides they love Cole and Crowder?

41 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

No, because we've brought in Whitehead, Uzomah, Tomlinson and Reed as FAs - we still have more qualifying FA gains than qualifying FA losses, so no comp pick. We'd need to lose 2 more qualifying FAs (without signing any other UFAs from other teams). Unlikely, but maybe someone decides they love Cole and Crowder?

12 hours ago, Lith said:

I doubt it. We also signed 4 FAs. Uzomah, Tomlinson, Reed and Whitehead. We have signed more than we lost, so as of now we are not likely to get comp pick next year.

Oh well, worth a shot to ask. Thank you kind gentlemen.

On 3/15/2022 at 10:57 AM, Warfish said:

I hope so, that would be great.  Just not seeing any real evidence of it in the facts. 

Getting alot of "well, the eye test" type replies, which says alot. 

Our Fans think he'll be a big upgrade, but aren't really pointing to how beyond intangibles and unmeasurables, lol.  

Guess we'll see.  I hope you all are right.

Who did you want them to sign? I don't think Kelce was available.  I guess you wanted the Cooper trade AND a Robinson signing at WR.  And Marcus Williams plus Whitehead at safety, in case there's an injury.....And pay Moses $10 million a year for three years in case Becton or Fant is injured...  And bring in Trubisky at $20 million per to be the back up QB/competition/mentor even though he wants to start.. and g use the remaining 8- draft picks to fill the other 15-20 spots.  I'm wondering what alternate version of the NFL you follow but it's not the league I follow and no team can put a roster together the way you and your sidekicks want.  

7 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Who did you want them to sign? I don't think Kelce was available.  

I didn't.  I wanted them to draft a #1 TE with the first pick of the 2nd round of the 2022 Draft.

And I still want that.

I guess you wanted the Cooper trade AND a Robinson signing at WR.

You'd guess very wrong, as even a brief reading of my posts this offseason would attest.  :) 

I've said all along we weren't signing a big name WR, and I wanted to draft a WR at pick #10 of the 2022 Draft.

And Marcus Williams plus Whitehead at safety, in case there's an injury

Nope.  Fine with Whitehead and never said a word about Williams.

.....And pay Moses $10 million a year for three years in case Becton or Fant is injured...

I liked Moses and would like to have retained him, but understand the challenges in doing so and accepted his departure.

And bring in Trubisky at $20 million per to be the back up QB/competition/mentor even though he wants to start.

Not Trubisky per se, but I do think we need a better backup QB because I lack faith in Wilson's improvement.  But no, I wouldn't have spent $20 mil a season to get it, as I said at the time.  

I'm wondering what alternate version of the NFL you follow but it's not the league I follow and no team can put a roster together the way you and your sidekicks want.  

You seem to think I wanted things I didn't want. 

Maybe you have me confused with someone else?

Also, I have sidekicks?  That's cool, who are my Sidekicks?  

Always wanted to have sidekicks......

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I didn't.  I wanted them to draft a #1 TE with the first pick of the 2nd round of the 2022 Draft.

And I still want that.

You'd guess very wrong, as even a brief reading of my posts this offseason would attest.  :) 

I've said all along we weren't signing a big name WR, and I wanted to draft a WR at pick #10 of the 2022 Draft.

Nope.  Fine with Whitehead and never said a word about Williams.

I liked Moses and would like to have retained him, but understand the challenges in doing so and accepted his departure.

Not Trubisky per se, but I do think we need a better backup QB because I lack faith in Wilson's improvement.  But no, I wouldn't have spent $20 mil a season to get it, as I said at the time.  

You seem to think I wanted things I didn't want. 

Maybe you have me confused with someone else?

Also, I have sidekicks?  That's cool, who are my Sidekicks?  

Always wanted to have sidekicks......

You and I are mostly in agreement. I don't think they need to draft a TE that early.  Most of the top TEs in the NFL were drafted in the 3rd round or later.  Early 2nd round is just a waste of draft capital for that position.  I think they need to draft a WR as well, although I'm not sure whether it needs to be with pick 10 or early 2nd round.  It depends on how the draft falls.  Douglas did fill enough needs that picking a WR at 10 could work.  I don't put much stock in the need for a back up QB as you and I have discussed repeatedly.  We just disagree.  I think Wilson needs every single practice rep and should play 17 games so he can properly develop and be evaluated.  I'm fine with White as a back up, see no value in Flacco, and want no part of a Minshew or similar bridge type QB if that means a QB competition or lost reps for Wilson just to go from 5 to say 7-8 wins.  

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

I imagine Cole and Crowder could be the sort of guys who get signed on one year deals after the point where FA signings no longer affect comp picks.