2022 Jets FA signings (Merged)

4 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

The Jets had an all time bad defense last year.  2 players solve everything?  And they lost a tackle. This is not fixed

Not fixed at all, but intelligent moves are being made to get it in the right direction. Veteran, talented players locking up a portion of the field on defense helps the coaching staff work with the younger guys on the other areas.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

No more excuses for Saleh. He now has a real defense with players he had input in bringing in. Not to mention the young guys from last years draft he should be developing and the guys they draft on defense this year. 

As long as the expectation is not a winning season. Jets will not have a winning record next year. But we should expect solid improvement and the vision of playoff hunting in 2023-24 or 2024-25.

• Upvote 1

A young 24 y.o. versatile safety that was a full time starter on a Supe winning team.  Yeah...I'm all for that.  Real solid upgrade.  Again...a young player whose best football may yet to be played.  

Saleh should be happy with the Reed and Whitehead additions to the secondary.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

The Jets had an all time bad defense last year.  2 players solve everything?  And they lost a tackle. This is not fixed

No the defense is not fixed, it’s been addressed and that creates flexibility and eradicates desperate reaches out of positional necessity DURING the draft. And THAT shows this organization is FINALLY on the right path to, OVERALL, getting FIXED.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

IF Marcus Maye is not liking what he is hearing in FA, the Jets should consider bringing him back on a 1 year deal. 

Why, and , nope... He's a SS that they played at FS when they had the awesome 1 2 punch SS draft. Don't need him as they just signed a younger better player at SS. They need a FS now. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

As long as the expectation is not a winning season. Jets will not have a winning record next year. But we should expect solid improvement and the vision of playoff hunting in 2023-24 or 2024-25.

If Wilson blossoms into a good QB, a winning season is certainly possible. NFL teams go from bad to playoffs every year. 

I don't think that should be the expectation, but this team is built to start winning now. But I agree, that it would be unreasonable to EXPECT a winning season. But we shouldn't be mathematically eliminated from playoff contention by halftime of week 2. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Not fixed at all, but intelligent moves are being made to get it in the right direction. Veteran, talented players locking up a portion of the field on defense helps the coaching staff work with the younger guys on the other areas.

Exactly!!!

also LOVE your scree name! That was one of my favorite plays as a RG.

That play along with 27 Belly Trap and 24 Counter ?

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If Wilson blossoms into a good QB, a winning season is certainly possible. NFL teams go from bad to playoffs every year. 

I don't think that should be the expectation, but this team is built to start winning now. But I agree, that it would be unreasonable to EXPECT a winning season. But we shouldn't be mathematically eliminated from playoff contention by halftime of week 2. 

I agree. It's exciting that we can see that possibility. More FA move coming, maybe. And 4 picks in the first 40 of the draft. This is good stuff.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Jets weaknesses heading into FA

WR, TERG, IDL, Edge, LB, CBS

Good work, JD. All young guys (Tomlinson's the oldest at 30). All clear upgrades who've already performed at the level they're being paid at (let's see Whitehead's numbers), not (ala Corey Davis) for presumed growth with an expanded role. I love the job we've done this offseason, just wish WR had been on the list for a major upgrade

Enter Jordan Davis, and cross out IDL - do it!

15 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Quinnen Williams and a random 330 pound guy you can find at the end of free agency for pennies on the dollar compared to quality CB or even Safety. 

Arkansas John Ridgeway 320 NT BEAST we must stop the run. The Indy game last year was embarrassing.

19 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

All i am saying is that this defense was historically bad.  They need to get to average before anything else

49 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Yes and we have pretty good depth too since this likely means Echols is the backup on the outside to DJ and Hall and MCII and Guidry in the slot as far as our top 5 CBs or so. The fact that they moved Pinnock to safety is good since he seems more comfortable there and helps the depth at that position group that lacks a very good starter there right now.

Guidry was terrible last year. Terrible. Depth piece at best.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

11M per isn't even going to be a top-20 CB contract when this offseason is wrapped (it's currently 18th and I'd expect at least a few guys still on the market (like Gilmore and Williams) to top it. 

I was being sarcastic. I was tired of too many comments that anyone more expensive than a vet minimum scrub (or 2-3x that), or a day 3 pick in the draft, was tantamount to being wasteful. Zone or man; at some point if a guy's in a corner's zone he has to actually cover him. That he isn't sticking with a man no matter where he runs isn't a reason to only have the cb group consist of leftovers. 

So it was meant to be...funny? To steal one of my favorite old JN lines from @Scott Dierking: Mine is [often] a subtle and laugh-less type of humor. Classic, lol.

Anyway, I think this qualifies.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, kmnj said:

once again UZO benefitted from having 3 stud wrs in cincy-he does not have that here -he will be avg at best here but sadly avg is better than what we have now

joe fanboys pump up every signing Joe makes but joe is terrible as shown by his actual record on the field-until his team wins actual games the rest of your hype means nothing

Wet blanket.