2022 Jets FA signings (Merged)

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Wonder if this rules out a sauce or CB pick now. 

I think it gives them flexibility to trade down if they don’t value the options at #4 that are presented to them and they are not beholden to take a certain position (CB/IOL/TE/DLine) out of necessity. JD’s MO, IMO.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Height only matters in jump balls. Your height is irrelevant if you are two steps behind the receiver. If he upgrades the secondary, it's a good pick. This doesn't preclude the Jets from taking a corner at 4 or 10 if they value that player highly enough. 

The REAL #24 Jets CB:

F55BC2AF-CCD1-4E6B-A6CF-B50C9F9B1027.thumb.jpeg.c7f875ded634b1f9ac7ac05c6d7d8b5a.jpegC8E44727-93FE-41DB-A99B-1B8B58BE69CC.thumb.jpeg.89e78dc5495958fde6c2db8189ce4cb3.jpeg

lol?

A52596AE-B0B7-443C-9D33-2B5F75054D6A.jpeg.aaa68f9cae2e873916c6775b78071cba.jpeg

RAY MICKENS!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I do not think any of our moves are going t rule out any position if the guy is a good enough player.  If Sauce is by far the best guy there they will still take him.

FA is still all about filling holes so you do not have to take a position group.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

This honestly makes me want to go Sauce at 4 or 10 even more. Pair him with Reed and we're sitting well at corner much more then a year ago. And kinda becomes a strength. Sign me up.

Maybe at 10. Would love Sauce, but the plan right now should probably be Edge then WR.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

This honestly makes me want to go Sauce at 4 or 10 even more. Pair him with Reed and we're sitting well at corner much more then a year ago. And kinda becomes a strength. Sign me up.

We have Bryce Hall. We're not going to use top 10 picks on a corner. Edge, WR, and safety now are much bigger needs.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, genot said:

We have Bryce Hall. We're not going to use top 10 picks on a corner. Edge, WR, and safety now are much bigger needs.

Eh, I don't think it necessarily rules out a corner. Something like Hall, Sauce, and Reed in the slot would look like a solid trio. 

And I'm guessing a safety will be signed soon the way it's going. 

17 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Wow. If Thib does not fall to 4 I  feel a trade back will happen. 

No. They will just take their time and take someone they like at 6 Minnesota Vikings style. Other teams racing to the podium.

Jets get a 4 and a 6 price. Huge salary cap savings.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Seahags fans are uniformly disappointed he left.  That's a positive.

They were also disappointed when we got that worthless Safety from them as part of the Adams trade, lol.

This guys seems like a clear cut upgrade from what we had.  And he's young.  So hard to find much fault with the signing.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I thought cover 3 makes it pointless to spend any money on cornerbukakes and stuff

11M per isn't even going to be a top-20 CB contract when this offseason is wrapped (it's currently 18th and I'd expect at least a few guys still on the market (like Gilmore and Williams) to top it. 

• Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Good question.  I think it does.  Looking more and more like Edge at #4 and WR at #10.  TE & LB in round 2.

Need a strong safety via free agency, think we'll be fine having Joyner compete with Pinnock, Davis, and possibly a 3rd rounder at Free Safety.  I was surprised at the push for Marcus Williams.  

The path is becoming clearer.

• Upvote 2